Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

I love spunk!!! Hooray!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone! :D This has been a pretty good day! My leg is improving and the Home Health nurse is pleased with the progress it is making. I have physical therapy tomorrow. I asked my husband to go get tested for MRSA colonization, because he usually is, and he decided instead that we should just get a divorce. He has pulled this before, but I don't think he will get tested for MRSA, and that it will get passed back to me. I am at a loss as to know what to do about this situation. :pzld:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Men....sometimes you cannot live with them and sometimes you cannot live without them!!!!:sct:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, are you SERIOUS???? He would suggest divorce rather than be tested for MRSA??? If this was really a serious response, maybe you should call his bluff.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, my husband says it shows I am being selfish again. It shows I have never loved him. He comes up with all kinds of weird stuff every 2 months or so. I found out that I am only going to get 6 weeks of disability, and he said "well you had better find some way to support yourself" because I am leaving and I want to start over.:skp:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I sure am sorry to hear you are going through this after all you have been through. Perhaps he has a feeling he has the MRSA and is in denial and feels guilty.

On the bright side, if there is one, maybe you should call Dr. House and he can send one of his peers over to where you live and they can swab his things. Does he have a nose trimmer? My spouse does. I'm not a nurse so I don't know how those things work. A big wink here because I know House isn't a real person. : /

I'm not making light of your situation or condition. I do think Dr. House is pretty cool though.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, Sonja....I'm sad to say that it appears you have some really serious thinking to do. Your health and your very life are in jeopardy if he has the ability to reinfect you with MRSA. Not knowing (if he didn't get tested) would seem to me to be even worse....stressful!

Ann Landers has a tried and true saying when divorce looms....ask yourself if you would be better off with him or without him. Then make your plans accordingly. If the best decision is to let him go....then do it. You have lots of support here. You have your family. And you, my dear, are one of the strongest and most rational people I know! You can make it no matter what!

In the meantime....here is a great big ol' ((((HUG))))).....it just ain't fair for you to have to deal with this at the same time you are trying to recover.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I find that ...... appalling.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this in addition to everything else you' ve had to deal with. :cnsl:

Kathy
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you for the support!:cnsl:My husband and I definitely have a lot of things to discuss. He called me tonight and we are going to talk this weekend. Hopefully we can come to a resolution so I can get my life on track with or without him. It doesn't help when I am sick, but I will just have to make the best of the situation.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good, Sonja. At least he's willing to talk. So many guys won't. I wish you the best. In the end you must do what is best for you....I know you will. God bless you, hon....you're in my prayers even more.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone, :D Today is a great day! My knee is feeling stronger with each passing day and I am ready to be out in the world again! I have two PT's that come for my homebound PT. Both are excellent. Keith came yesterday and I learned some things from him that I didn't know. (He is easy on the eyes also.):wink: I am so glad that the pain level is finally going down to a new point that I can finally manage. Pretty soon it will be no pain at all! :jump:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Easy on the eyes always helps! :wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Wow, just read through this thread and all I can say is wow, what strength and determination you have, Sonja! You have been through so much with your knees and you are truly an inspiration! I hope things continue to go well, both medically and personally. My thoughts and prayers are with you......
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

As Susie-Q said, Wow. I am truly sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Please put yourself first and think about what it is that you need, what is best for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello again everyone!:D I saw the OS yesterday and he was very impressed with the progress I am making. I have reached 110 flexion in my knee now after the revision, and I am excited! I can walk a half a block without hurting (well pain meds help :wink:) but I can still walk NORMALLY for that half block. I haven't done that in years! God has been so good to me. I told my OS that God healed my infection last weekend due to the wonderful prayer chain that I had! He told me that the prayer chain needs to continue, and I said that I agreed.:bow: Thank you so much for all of the prayers!

I rode in the car for for 2 1/2 hours today and my knee did not hurt. I am feeling so much better. I am back at my house to talk to my husband.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers. In three weeks, after I have finished then Zyvox, we will do a Sed rate and something else to make sure that the infection is not returning.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja...this is great news. You will be in my prayers for continuing healing and a good resolution to your marriage problems. You have a lot to deal with right now, but you are one strong lady!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D Today was not quite as good as yesterday in relation to my knee. Scar tissue popped loose :shk: and it hurt like heck! I know that the scar tissue needed to go, but I sure didn't want it to pop on me!

My husband and I have been talking and we are making great progress.:wink: I am glad to get that weight off of my shoulders!

I have lost 75 pounds since my first knee replacement. It has been the easiest way of losing weight I have ever been through!:hehe: I wouldn't recommend it to most people though.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'm sorry you had the pain of that scar tissue breaking up, but now it's GONE!!! Hooray. I'm also happy to hear that you and hubby are talking. You have been through so much, I'm sure it's an emotional drain on both of you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom