Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well today has been a long day. My knee has been so stiff and sore. I have been walking a lot more than normal and I think that it why I am hurting. :shk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That would be the reason. But one has to test out that leg from time to time.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone, :D The pain in my knee is decreasing and I am feeling much better! I will finish PT next Thursday :jump: and I am "starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!":wink: I will still be anxious to see the lab tests that are going to be performed at the end of my treatment.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm so happy for you!!! It does sound as if things are finally all going your way. You have been a pillar of strength through all of this!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello again! I had physical therapy today with "killer Keith":wink: Mr. easy on the eyes. He is so focused on helping me get back to a reasonable flexion and so is "awesome Amy.":D I gave them these adjectives and they both like them. Both therapists are fantastic and are helping me get back to living life again. :jump:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

What, no McDreamy???? :evil:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, the older ladies call him Mc Dreamy and want him to do their therapy every time instead of Amy!:wink: I am a little more practicle :hehe: and only require that he see me once a week instead of two!:evil: LOL
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Today has not been a very good day for me.:cry: I have been crying and my knee is hurting like heck again. I am having headaches again, so I sure hope that MRSA is not back in my body!:shk: Usually when I have an "attack" the following happens: headache, get very tired, lose appetite, hurting somewhere in my body, and crying. I have not had an appetite for a while, and I have been sleeping a lot. I am down and blue. I don't know what is going on but at least my husband is being very supportive and so is my Mom. I am getting so tired of this mess!:skp:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'm so sorry you are having to go through bad times again. I do hope you get to Mayo quickly and have things checked out. (((HUGS))))
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh bless you, honey. It must be like a living nightmare. I'm praying for you.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello. I am feeling a little better today but I found out that I will have to travel to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota because of the MRSA to get the help that I need.:doh:I am going to contact Mayo because I need to get rid of this "bug" that keeps infecting me.:evil: I had PT today and got the most bend out of my knee that I have had! :D That made me feel better.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Some good news, then Sonja. I'm glad you're feeling a little better and that your ROM is still improving. Sorry you must go to Minnesota, but you must do this for yourself. You know we'll be traveling right along with you!! You are doing the right thing!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, yes I suppose it is a good idea to head for Minnesota. I have been there before on vacation. My Grandparents came over on the boat from Norway and I still have a lot of cousins who live in Minnesota. :D

My pain level has been hard to predict. I ran out of the Lortab 7.5 so I thought I would try the the Darvocet N100. Those pills don't help very much for me.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You know that with MRSA, delaying is not a good idea. So let me know when you've made the call. I hope you can be seen very soon.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Me too - all the best, honey!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone, :D I was released from home bound physical therapy yesterday and will be moving to outpatient therapy. I am moving back to my home town 2 1/2 hours away so I can be with my husband. :wink: I have achieved 120 and 0 in flexion and extension so I am happy. The infection seems to be gone; thank you Lord! :bow: So I would say all in all, this is a great day!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Amazing, Sonja!!! I'm so happy that you have no sign of the infection. So you beat it once again and without a trip to Mayo! Hooray!!!

I'm also thrilled to hear you are able to move back home. I know you'll be watchful and take good care of yourself. You know we are right here any time you need someone to talk to!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom