Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm glad you had their support, Sonja. I know this is so rough for you. Remember you also have the support of everyone here on BoneSmart too. We've gone through all this with you and will be there for you no matter what.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

amen - this is a sorry tale for you, Sonja. I am praying it will get fixed soon.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thinking about you, Sonja!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Gosh, when I said that my husband and my mother were there to support me I never even thought about ALL of the others that could not be there physically, but have followed my journey spiritually! :D Bonesmart has been so good to me and all of you are great even though I don't have you physically in my life!:wink:

On another note, I hyperextended my right knee today and felt the muscle that had originally been infected with MRSA give way. I grabbed the sides of the truck, or I would have fallen. I was driven to PT and the PT that did a manual massage on it said she could feel looseness in the muscle. The muscle is the one that is located right above the knee going across. I have been having some problems with a little hyperextension lately but nothing like today.

I am going to see a different OS tomorrow morning, the one that originally referred me to an OS in Plano. He doesn't do knee replacements, but he is going to help me get to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota faster.:D He helped me for 4 years as I tried to decide if:hehe: a knee replacement were (really) necessary.:whis:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D My original OS knew of a great revisionist in Dallas TX. I will be going to see him and make a decision about what needs to be done regarding my right knee. We looked at X-Rays that were taken today and my dr. said it looks like infection is causing the tibia to seperate from the knee implant and if that is the case we will have to move immediately! I should be seeing the revision specialist as early as next week.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Excellent! It's so good to hear you have a good recommendation. Keep us posted.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I now realize in the scheme of life that my knee problems are not nearly as significant as I might think! Yesterday, my aunt and uncle's house blew up due to a faulty propane furnace. My aunt was killed and my uncle received burns and a dislocated shoulder trying to get my aunt out of the house. She broke her hip trying to get out and a beam fell on my uncle so he couldn't rescue her. There is nothing left of the house and while we thank God for taking care of my uncle, I just can't imagine burning to death. Please keep our family in your prayers.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, my heart aches for you and your family. What a horrible thing to happen. I just don't have any words to say except I'm so, so sorry! ((((HUGS)))))
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'm so sorry!!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt and your uncle. What a horrible story. :cry:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,

You and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry this tragedy happened to you. God Bless you.

Linda.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh my dear child! That is a horrible thing to have happen. My prayers to you and yours.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you everyone for your kind words during our time of sadness. I was not able to travel to Missouri with my Mom to attend the funeral, but my sister called today and said that she and her husband were going to drive up there. It makes it so much better for Mom to have someone to be with. My uncle that was in the fire, is her brother.

I went back to physical therapy today and worked on my knee. The Zyvox is helping to keep the infection in check. The revisionist's secretary from Dallas called today and left a message saying that he only sees patients on Tue/Thur but they will work me in asap! :D
Brings back hope for a quick resolution to my infection. I need closure so I can get on with the business of living!:wink:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good, Sonja.....I hope the surgeon can see you soon.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I have great news!:D I will be seeing the revisionist next Thursday in Dallas. He knows why I am coming, and is ready to tackle my problem. We will drive the 5 1/2 hours on Wednesday afternoon, and then I will see the doctor on Thursday. My hubby knows I will need frequent stops to stretch my legs and is prepared.:wink: (He likes to drive until we need gasoline usually.:hehe:)

PT has been helpful; even though I do most of it on my own, I am still making a lot of progress. The place that I am using this time is so much different from any of the others. I like having a PT work with me but at this place it doesn't happen.:shk: The people I really worry about are the ones who have never been through PT. I know what to do. They don't and the "techs" are too busy talking to help them!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'm thrilled about your appointment! I hope it goes well and am looking forward to hearing what this doctor has to say. You are such a trooper and you always have such a great attitude. God bless you!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Me too! The surgeon sounds like he's already at the door, sleeves rolled up for action! My kind of guy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom