Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Everyone!:D I am feeling much better today! I am turning the corner towards getting my life back!:wink: My hubby came this weekend and we went for a walk. He told me that I was walking "normally":hehe: and that was music to my ears. He also commented about how much weight I have lost. He sure does know how to make me feel better even though he misses me!:D He told me that he knows that I am in a lot of pain and he will not ask me to come home until I am ready. He just misses me.:wink:
I am going home for a visit this weekend and I am so excited!

The hardest part of this ordeal all of this is dealing with the infection. It has really zapped me.:yn: MRSA is relentless on the body.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, it's so nice to hear things are improving for you. You have been through soooo much!!! But, I'll tell you, you are one of the strongest people I have met. You keep pushing and never give up. It's finally going to pay off for you. Normal walking, huh......FANTASTIC!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone, :D! I talked to my Neurologist and she is prescribing Amrix for the horrible muscle spasms I have been suffering with since the 3rd surgery. The nurse lives in the same town as my Mom and brought samples by last night. :thmb: Things go pretty well during the day, but at night sleeping is very difficult! Needless to say during the day I am extremely sleepy!:yn: Hopefully the muscle relaxers will work.:wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Me too, Sonja!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

OK I am bummed!:sigh: I hope that I am not developing an infection at the end of my incision. It is red and hot and I am running a temp. I am on of the heaviest antibotics that I can be on, Zyvox, so the dr. wants to wait a day to see if it starts to cool down. Otherwise, I will be back in the hospital and I don't want to go there.:skp:

I have tried so hard to get rid of this awful stuff, but I am at the end of my rope! I just can't afford another infection!

I don't think the UTI cleared either and that is another problem
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja......I don't know what to say except to tell you that I'm praying for you to be past this bump in the road soon. (((HUGS)))), my friend!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I have used colloidal silver for years to prevent infections and if you start it immediately when you feel something coming on, you can avoid a cold or get rid of it in a fraction of the time it would normally take. It just helps your immune system. You can use it along with any medications. It's such a slight amount of silver, even way less than minerals in your city water such as copper and iron.

Since you get almost no sun, you need 5,000 IU vitamin D per day. That would help your pain and resistance to infection. Also, with cramping and such, you could be deficient in potassium, calcium, magnesium, and fluids. Are you taking supplements? You probably eat so little since you're not burning many calories that you're not getting enough vitamins and minerals.

Sure hope you can beat this soon!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Also Vit C enhances healing and boosts the immune system to deal with infection. You can't overdose on Vit C. I take 1,000mgs every two hours for about 48hrs if I'm getting a cold and thus far, it's worked every time! Worth a try as is the Vit D. Sometimes our bodies just need a booster pack.

I really hope and pray this is not going anywhere serious. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja, hopefully this is a false alarm. We are saying a prayer for you!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone! :D The redness continues to go away on my leg as I write! God is great! No antibotic could work this fast on my leg! Thank you for all of the prayers. I am not out of the woods yet and I realize that I have a long road ahead to make sure I stay well.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

My physical therapist looked at my leg today and said "wow, it is drying up fast!" She told me she had been praying for me and she is very excited about my progress. We worked harder today than we had before.:jump: My Home Health Care Nurse and PT person are great! They are so caring and take wonderful care of me. (Even if I tend to get a little ornery with the PT:wink:) She just dishes it right back to me. LOL :hehe:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone! :o) I got a good report from the homebound nurse about my leg and she said she would be back on Monday to make sure it is continuing to heal. I never realized how sleepy Zyvox makes me, until the pharmist told Mom that a new med that I am taking should not be used within 2 hours of Zyvox because of sleepiness.:zzz:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hooray, Sonja!!! The prayers are working!!! I'm glad you are able to get a lot of rest. I'm sure that is helping your body to heal also.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello! :D Yes Jamie, the prayers are definitely working! The leg is continuing to heal at a very fast pace and I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I am getting some of my old "spunk" :wink: back. I feel like a half million bucks at this point!:hehe:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom