Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

OK, I have a problem that I just remembered!:wink1: Tonight when we were out walking, my knee suddenly buckled!

Could this be the same weakness from the kneecap not staying in place? :scratch:

I caught myself so I didn't come close to falling or anything, but I felt it buckle.
:skeptical:

Jamie, I forgot to tell you that I had several umbrella "drinks" while I was on the cruise, and that kept me in a happy mood.:biggrin: I made sure to drink one for you, and I would have drank one for each member of the BoneSmarties, but that would have run up quite a tab!:wink1:

After all my "extended family" always paid!
I never would have bought a drink for myself!:blush:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hopefully that buckling is just a result of some muscles that need to be strengthened, Sonja. Is this the first time it's happened? And is it in the knee you've been having so many problems with?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, it is the same knee, but no it's not the first time it has buckled. It has done it a couple of times in the past but I haven't fallen because of it. I am going to discuss it with Katie at PT tomorrow and see what she thinks.

I have always dismissed it in the past as just "one of those things," but tonight made me realize that I need to concentrate on this issue just as much as the knee cap popping out.:rolleyespink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja,
I happened to notice, we are awake on bonesmart together, gosh it is 4-something am, I hope you are not in pain because of the buckling incident. Please let us know what Kate says later on today. I hope you are ok:friends:
Parla
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Parla!

No I wasn't in pain because of the knee buckling! It was something far more serious! It's called gluttony! We went to a Mongolian Buffet and I "thought" I would eat like I used to just once!:th_heehee:

:th_heehee:Well, that was a big no-no! I got very sick and it was because of my own doing! Indigestion, throwing up, all of the things that told me that I overdid it "slightly!":hysterical: I am fine now, but I will not pull that again for a long time! (Well let's hope anyway!:wink1:)
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

God is great all the time......all the time God is great!

Wonderful news everyone.......... drum roll please....................

My SED rates and my CRP rates are NORMAL!:yahoo: They haven't been normal since 4 years ago!:yes 4:

God is so good to me! He is taking my knee and making it well! I now know that the buckling and the kneecap issues will be resolved!


 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Can't believe it, you are certainly getting help from somewhere, God obviously has plans for you Sonja. Hope it stays that way, and at the end of the day all issues will be solved and you will be able to get back to the joy of living again! Superwoman you certainly are!!:thumb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Aretha! I am so blessed and life is grand!:yahoo:

I am not worried about the future, God is in control!:wink1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I have been on cloud 9 today! When I went to PT, I told Katie that my knee had buckled on me yesterday and so maybe we should take it easy!:th_heehee: She said "that would be one approach, but we want that knee to get stronger, so we will try my approach!" We changed up some things today to target the weak part of my knee, and I feel pretty great! (I don't think I will tell Katie that though, because she will up the intensity!:wink1:) She knows me so well and she says she likes my positive attitude, she knows I am joking when I complain!:th_heehee:

Tomorrow I am going to give my testimony in church about what God has done for me! It is sometimes hard to believe that He will reach down and help an ordinary person like me! What an awesome gift I have received!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

:hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil: I am so happy for you !!! To have your SED & CRP rates normal for the first time in 4 years WOW WOW WOW
From 2 weeks ago when we thought you were going to have surgery and now to doing so well from your hard work with Killer Kate, to be infection free is so amazing! I am so happy for you! You need to schedule a cruise next year, you could be bring Killer Kate and whip some other miracle!!!
Good for you. You deserve all this wonderful news. Enjoy!
:egypt-dance::egypt-dance::egypt-dance::egypt-dance::egypt-dance::egypt-dance:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja it is so wonderful what God has done in your life. I'm just so happy for you and the miracles God has given you.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Not to be too personal, but what is considered a normal sed rate after a total knee replacement? I know what a normal one is most of the time, but are the numbers "allowed" to be higher after a surgery?
just curious...
Good work, Sonja! I am happy for you and thankful for your witness about His love!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja.....I think that is great that you are going to give a testimony in church. You truly have been in God's loving hands these past months.

Your news is fantastic!!! And now you and Katie can get to work on strengthening that knee and leg. It may take a while, but it will be sooooo worth it!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Not to be too personal, but what is considered a normal sed rate after a total knee replacement? I know what a normal one is most of the time, but are the numbers "allowed" to be higher after a surgery?
just curious...
Good work, Sonja! I am happy for you and thankful for your witness about His love!
Actually mine has fallen into the category of a "normal" person who has never had problems! A normal sed rate is up to 20, and mine is 15!:yahoo:

(Now don't ask my PT, because she will tell you that I'm not normal!):hysterical: I like to have fun during therapy, and I keep the other patients laughing!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja.....I think that is great that you are going to give a testimony in church. You truly have been in God's loving hands these past months.

Your news is fantastic!!! And now you and Katie can get to work on strengthening that knee and leg. It may take a while, but it will be sooooo worth it!

Thank you Jamie! God has done so much for me and I am humbled and honored to do this for Him!:blush:

Killer Katie already had new ways to strengthen those muscles worked out today! I asked her if she didn't have anything better to do with her time this weekend but she said "nope, I am focused on seeing you get well!" She is single, so she didn't have to worry about a husband telling her to leave her "work" at work.:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Way to go, Sonja! What fantastic news! I'm happy your bloodwork results were right where you wanted them to be. I see my GP today and get my last hemaglobin results, so I am praying they will be as good as your results.

I'm so glad to hear that you will give thanks back to God through your testimony. Our God certainly is an Awesome God!! Take care.
Maggie
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Way to go, Sonja! What fantastic news! I'm happy your bloodwork results were right where you wanted them to be. I see my GP today and get my last hemaglobin results, so I am praying they will be as good as your results.

I'm so glad to hear that you will give thanks back to God through your testimony. Our God certainly is an Awesome God!! Take care.
Maggie
Maggie I will be praying for great news for you!:prayer1: You deserve it! I am ready to see you receive your miracle and relief from all the pain you have endured!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You should give your testimony under a flag. This Lincoln green of the font is the colour for healing, new life, growth and prosperity. It's also the colour of the Trinity. I wish I'd had time to make one for you!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom