Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonya, That was a $10,000 maneuver banging 145 getting out of the hot tub. At least that's what my MUA cost!

Well Mary, I have given you a cheap way to do an MUA the next time, or if you ever need one again! :th_heehee: I don't hurt anymore so everything is great!

I just wish that the infection were not on the implant and I would be in great shape!:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Best of luck with your surgery, Sonja. With your positive attitude, I know it will go wonderfully well!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
Maggie
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

60 hours from now you will be getting preped for surgery and you will have a new, infection free knee. Thenyou canget that145 back again.

Good luck. I will be 24 hours in front of you.

T- very little and counting!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm sure everything's going to be allright. My mom and me will be thinking of you on Wendnesday to send you the strongest good vibrations, as strong as a tsunami, as those vibrations must cross the ocean .:wink1: Lots of kisses from Spain:doggieshmooze:.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Good luck and love from me to Sonja, your revision has come around so quickly, but I know you are very anxious to get it over and done with so you can just get on living your life, and with God's help it will be an easier recovery for you, with so many good wishes coming your way, and that you reach that 145 degrees in no time and with NO PAIN!!:yes 4:

Look forward to hearing from you "on the other side again"!:wubroses:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hi Sonja!
Getting ready today and just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you! Best of luck with your surgery, you will be in my prayers! Chat with you in a few days or so! Take care, my friend,

Parla
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Tomorrow I board the airplane at 7:35 in the morning, and start seeing doctors at 1:00 for pre-op. A lot of what they need has already been done so I just have a few loose ends to tie up. Then Wednesday is the BIG day!:yahoo: The first day of the start to an infection free knee and life! I am so excited and life is going to be great! I think my husband is more nervous than I am. I told him that God will take care of me and Dr. Maale will do a fantastic job!:biggrin:

I know there will be pain, but heck after 3 knee surgeries, I should be an expert on pain!:wink1:

"Killer" Katie was already planning for when I return. We are ready to get my life on track!:yes 4: I told her it might be 4-6 weeks because of the groshung (sp?) catheter that they are going to put in my chest for the antibotics.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'll be praying for you. I can't wait to hear from you once the surgery is completed. I can tell you are soooooo ready to move on...
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Gee whizzz Batgirl,

Your not going to be without a computer for 4-6 weeks are you?

That would be truly cruel.

Good luck again.

I enter the prep room as you get on the airplane.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

God bless and keep you, Sonja. You're one gutsy lady!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I spent almost the whole day yesterday reading your thread and all I can say is "WOW"! You are a pillar of strength and an Angel to boot. I wish you all the best for today and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Waiting to hear how everything went today. . . . Of course time will tell but you're certainly the right place, with the right attitude.
 
:0) perhaps I am in the right place! Dr. Maale was so impressed with the PT results and the way that I was feeling that he cancelled surgery! He said my leg was doing much to well to do surgery. The antibiotics that I am on are killing off the MRSA. We will find out the SED rate on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

WOW! That is fantastic news Sonja, you certainly have God on your side today! You have that MRSA beat, can't wait to hear the results, and so happy for you and your hubby that you don't have to go through all that PT work again fromthe start. Thank God for Killer Katie, and get a great nights sleep tonight. Way to go, Sonja!:yes 4:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:yahoo:

Yes, I am so excited about the news I received today! God has been so good to me and I often forget that he is the creator of all miracles! I will start back to PT, and "Awesome" Katie as I renamed her, :th_heehee: will continue to help me strengthen my knee and the ligaments that should be holding that stubborn kneecap in place!:wink1:
Dr. Maale looked at the x-rays today and said that there is nothing wrong with the kneecap, that it just needs to have the muscles and ligaments strengthened around it. I told him that we have been working on different exercises, but that it continues to pop out of place. He said with enough strength work (ie. pain), it should stop!:rolleyespink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja....once again you have pulled another miracle out of the hat. I'm so happy for you and I hope the good news just keeps on coming!!!

Now we have to find a way to make that cruise deductible as a legitimate medical expense as it obviously did the trick for you!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom