Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja....what wonderful news!!! Give that new doctor a big ol' BoneSmartie hug from all of us. What a gem!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I am so happy for you, that's wonderful news!!! :jump:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Everyone!:D I am so excited now that my dr. has told me he has no intentions of cutting into my knee again! I am ready for them to find out what is causing my immune system to let MRSA run wild in my body. Many people have staph or MRSA on their skin, yet they never get sick because their immune system fights the bad "bugs" off. For some reason, my body is not recognizing these bugs as foreign, and treats them as friends. :hehe: The type of friends I definitely don't need!:wink:

 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Indeed you don't! Hope they get them evicted really soon!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

When we were in Dallas, I was driving all of the time. My mom does not like driving in big cities. When I was driving, pain would shoot through my knee and become unbearable in the middle of rush hour traffic.:shk: I worked my way through it, but I probably will have to drive in Dallas next week. Does anyone have any ideas of how to avoid the stabbing pains I endured? Mom drove to the outskirts of Fort Worth, but I had to take over then. It left me driving for an hour and 1/2.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Boy, I sure don't have any ideas other than to try Tylenol in combination with an NSAID. You have to use your right foot to drive, so I don't know how you could stop the pain. Are you using your left foot on the brake or your right?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I had that happen to me last week. After too long a day with my elderly father running errands and in and out of the car, my right knee was aching sitting motionless in rush-hour traffic. It wasn't horrible but it was annoying. I had just taken my tylenol about an hour and a half earlier. It made me realize (and I told my dad) that next time we get together, we need to shorten the day and the errands. It was too much.

and of course I had forgotten to pack one of my many instant ice packs.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, I always use my right foot for the gas and the brake. I keep my heel on the carpet and just move the foot back and forth. It has always worked wonderfully until I took the trip to Dallas.:shk: My knee "seized" up on me, and tears were running down my face during the madness of rush hour.:skp: I tried to "talk" to it and explain that it wasn't a good time to misbehave, but the darn knee just wouldn't listen!:wink: I can relate to you also Susie, because I kept thinking I should make the trip shorter, but my doctor's office is 45 minutes from my sister's house.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Would you be comfortable using both feet to drive....right on the gas; left on the brake? Not everyone can drive this way, but it might make things easier on you if you could.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie,

I tried braking with the left foot yesterday and using the gas pedal with the right. Well..... you would have thought I was drunk!:ch-w::rotfl: It was quite comical and the experiment didn't last long.

I drove about 2 hours total yesterday and my knee is swollen up and hurts like heck!:shk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

In the UK that is an illegal thing to do. You can be charged with not being in proper charge of the vehicle. It's in our Highway Code.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well then, for heaven's sake....don't use both feet, Sonja!!!

Some people are more comfortable driving that way. I'm one of them. I started driving that way when I was 16 and drove barefoot. It is MUCH easier for me and it's the only way I drive.

That's interesting, Jo, that it is illegal in Great Britain! It's not here. How in the world would anyone know you were doing it? For me, it keeps me in much better control of the car than if I have to use just one foot. In tricky situations (like backed up traffic or icy roads), I can keep my foot on the gas as needed and then keep the left foot poised over the brake in case I need to react quickly. That was also how I had the edge when I used to drag race my 1966 Mustang with "the boys." :D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I have been learning to drive in an automatic with a left foot gas pedal and brake it's so easier than using my bad leg :thmb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ok, everyone will have to pardon me, but I am getting very upset!!:rant: The doctor's office in Dallas has not called me to set up the bone scan or other tests that they said were needed so soon! I have tried calling several of their numbers and I get voicemails!:shk: They are driving me insane!:sigh:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well ummm... pardon me but right after I'd finished ranting about my doctor's office I checked my cell phone.:blush: They had left a message telling me that my bone scan is scheduled for Tuesday, and as soon as I get my results to call them and they will get me back to Dallas. I guess I should check on BOTH phones before ranting.:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom