Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone,

I have an update to my story. I called and begged to be seen this week in Dallas because the horrible pain from MRSA has returned!:shk: When I called the PA got on the phone and told me it was probably "just" a muscle pull!:hissy: I told her it was not a muscle pull, it was MRSA, and she said "well you are coming in next week anyway.":sct:

I went and picked up the reports and the 3 phase bone scan said I have infection in the femur and on top of the tibia.

I have been off Zyvox for 3 days now and I can tell the difference. My body is going into the sleep mode, headaches, and the knee hurts like heck!

I am calling again tomorrow! I will pursue this because I know how much pain accompanies this horrible diease!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh Sonja - noooo! It can't be. You were so positive it was all under control. I'm praying again ......
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Unfortunately Jo it is.:cry:

The knee is continuing to get more painful, and it is getting harder and harder to walk on it now. I had a feeling that there was infection in the bones, because when I walked, the right leg continued to hurt. The Zyvox helped, but now that I am off of the medicine, it is excrutating!:shk:

I am a wreck, and I wish I could be positive right now. Wait I thought of something that is positive, my husband is by my side and my Mom is ready to help me in any way she can!:D

I also have 2 Dachsund puppies that like to cuddle with me, and they always run to me when I am crying to "nurse" me back to health!:rotfl:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm so sorry, Sonja!! Thinking of you and praying...............
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm sorry I have been such a downer! I am expecting GREAT things from this doctor in Dallas! :D He is going to make everything great again! It will work out, it is just going to take a little longer than I expected. I am going to see my GP tomorrow to get back on Zyvox until they can take care of the infection. It will help alleviate the pain!:jump:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, never ever apologise for venting your disappointments. It's exactly what this forum is here for. I would be extremely disappointed if anyone felt they couldn't be honest in here - good and bad!

Bless you, sweetie. You're a brave gal!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thanks Jo! :D

I know that this forum is for expressing the good and the bad that is going on.

My husband came back from grocery shopping last night and slammed the bags down on the table. I got my crutches and went it to try to help him and he promptly explained to me that I am very inconsiderate!

He told me that since I had left my walker in the back of the suv he had thrown it out in the supermarket parking lot. I had told hime the night before that I had to leave it there because I couldn't get it out, but he had "forgotten" our conversation. When I asked for the keys to try and go find it, he told me I couldn't have them because he was going to use the suv. I asked him if I could use his truck and he said he didn't care what I did.

He told me at 9:00 to pack up and get out, he had enough of me. Told me to take the dogs or they were going to the pound, or he would kill them.

Later in the evening, he asked me if I wanted a sandwich after telling me earlier that he had not thrown my walker out, and that I should not drive. I said "no." He offered other things he was eating and I declined everything. He said "even though I get frustrated with you doesn't mean I don't still care about you!:shk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh my goodness Sonja how did you restrain from giving him a kick up the bum!

We have a saying among friends when our hubbies pee us off that they need a slap with a wet fish would you like to borrow the fish???xxx
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That is one inconsistent, selfish person! You can do without that kind of stupidity.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, I went to the dr. today and got more Zyvox. The MRSA inside of my femur has intensifed the pain and I just feel like cutting my leg off! I hurt so bad that I can barely sit up anymore, even with my legs up. The only position that has become half-way bearable is laying in bed. :shk:

MRSA is sapping every ounce of strength that I have anymore. I hate hurting so bad even though I am on strong pain killers again!:sigh: I walk with my walker (yes my Mom came and brought it in for me:wink:) and my knee starts to buckle. I am losing everything that I had gained as far as mobility in my right knee.

I am so upset because I have worked hard and now my knee barely bends!

I need to vent AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!:rotfl:
Thanks, I feel so much better now!:wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Oh, Sonja - if only I could wave a magic wand. I am hurting for you .....
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, the waiting continues!:sigh: My doctor had neck surgery and is getting back to work slowly. Instead of seeing me Tuesday now it will be Thursday. If they decide that I need surgery to get rid of the osteomyelitis in my femur, he will probably have his partner in the practice do it. The original dr. has to wear a neck brace for a while, and his nurse told me that it has helped him practice with a whole new meaning to the word empathy!:hehe:

I am staying in pain now. The pain killers won't stop the pain inside the bone and when I walk, it feels like hot nails are driving through my leg.:shk:

I hate having MRSA! It has made my life miserable! I am ready for these doctors to get rid of this infection once and for all!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. And your husband...my word! There is no excuse for his behavior. Frankly, it sounds as though he might either have untreated manic behavior or a substance abuse problem. No one changes personality like that even under very abnormal circumstances. I hope you can deal with him as well as your own, very serious problems! You don't need that grief!!!

Keep the pressure on your doctor to get there as quickly as you can. Would it be possible for you to check yourself into the hospital where he practices in Dallas until he can see you??? You might try that.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Jamie, I haven't been to the hospital that he is affiliated with yet. I don't know much about it, and my husband is happy because he will be able to get some of "his work in order," so he will not be so behind when he returns.

We will leave at noon on Wednesday, and see the doc on Thursday. I am sure that the doc will want to do something at that point so we will have to "play it by ear":wink: after that.

(p.s. the nurse is trying to get me in Wed to see the other doc and if that happens, we will leave on Tue and see him on Wed)
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I feel for you - bone pain is like dental pain. Not a lot you can do about it. I really do hope and pray they will be able to help you - and quickly.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Thank you Jo! :D

I hope that they can help me as well! I am looking forward to getting out of pain and getting back to a "normal" life! :D

I realize that I can only control myself and not those around me, so I want to get healthy to be able to make good choices!:wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom