THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Hang in there Sequin.
Early days....AND post op blues AND hormones.
This too will pass.
Hugs and happy thoughts...:friends:

My month long period led to iron deficiency. And I get to see the OS tomorrow. I will be sure to tell him about the subtle click from my left hip when walking....:rotfl:

Hope all goes well at OS,appointment. I'm sure you have been super tired with low iron levels.
This is from our library...Noise issues:
Clunking, popping and clicking noises tend to be caused by a temporary separation of the ball and the socket in the total hip replacement. It can be created as part of the surgical exposure and its accompanying trauma to the local muscles and the encapsulating tissues of the hip. Stretching, cutting, separating and or other types of necessary surgical trauma to the tissues that provide stability to the joint can temporarily create looseness in the articulation. In addition muscle tone may be less than ideal because of the badly trained muscles of the preoperative condition and all the fluid around the newly placed joint. The noises created under this type of conditions generally are painless and can subside once the capsule and muscles around the hip are fully healed. It occurs in the first few months after surgery and typically disappears progressively.
If this condition persists after 6 months or so, will not improve or has become painful it is important to consult your surgeon as it may indicate other conditions that may require his intervention or additional treatment.

OS said my walking looks good, made an 'optional' appt in April, that I will keep for insurance purposes, still tired from low iron..:zzz: :yawn: :sleep:

Happy Two Month Anniversary, Lefty!
How have you been over the past week or so? What did the OS say about your subtle click?
I hope you're feeling a bit more energized since you last posted.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@sequin98

Thank you Layla!
My OS said it was likely a tendon, and that it would settle.
I am able to walk on the treadmill 7min x3 every day, as not to tire out, whereas outside it would be hard to sit anywhere..lol

Ugh! 666...what is that?!
The only thing I can equate that to is the Biblical mark of the beast :yikes:
Doesn't sound good, whatever it is.
@sequin98

Oh..got it! Yucky.
You're past that now. I'll add an angel for good measure, lol :angel:

Have a great weekend!
@sequin98

Just catching up on posts again. Sorry to see you have a had a time of it. My daughter in Calgary is reporting a bit better weather out there but I know the ice can sure hang around. Many communities are disgraceful about clearing ice and snow an of course winter isn't reliably over out there until May. I used to get so excited at the first Chinook of the Spring and take out the storm windows, etc. only to find myself regretting it in early May. I hope you can get your iron and energy on track soon. I will be keeping you in my thoughts!

(For those of you not aware, a "Chinook" is a very strong wind that brings warm air. Quite a normal weather pattern between the mountains and the prairies. It causes a very visible arch in the sky an can melt several feet of snow in just a few hours and raise the temperature dramatically)

:friends:Hope all continues to get better and better.
Some foods can help your body absorb iron from iron-rich foods; others can hinder it. To absorb the most iron from the foods you eat, avoid drinking coffee or tea or consuming calcium rich foods or drinks with meals containing iron-rich foods. Calcium itself can interfere. To improve your absorption of iron, eat it along with a good source of vitamin C- such as orange juice, broccoli, or strawberries -- or eat include foods with a food from the meat, fish, and poultry group.

Dark chocolate with strawberries...Yum!

crazy, while sitting down, I tried to lift my legs with my heels together...and I could not. New hip scenario? Anyone? :chinstroke:

Well...you're not even 3 months out on Lefty. Possibly you need to give it more time...
Hope you're doing well aside from your concern mentioned above @sequin98
Happy Wednesday! :wave:

Can you overstretch/massage a muscle?
My hip flexor (left side) was so bad yesterday. I had to put heat cream on it, as I could not put any weight on that leg. Feels betterish today, but I am scared to stretch it. I am going for acupuncture on Tue to see if that can help quiet it. :what:

Hi @sequin98
Yes, you can overstretch a muscle. Try rest, ice and OTC pain reliever if you feel you need it.
Hope you find relief soon.

Hey :wave:
Forgot to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary yesterday.
I hope your discomfort is easing.
Have a great week!
@sequin98

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties