THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

:hi: and Happy Three Month Hipaversery :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile: @sequin98

Hope that muscle settles down and you have a good day today.
 
So my pelvis was rotated, and causing alot of grief for my hip flexors. anyone have this before? :what::shrug:
 
Huh? Rotated when, by who? Tell us more...

Hope you feel better soon :console2:
@sequin98
 
My massage therapist said that my pelvis was rotated, and she was able to set it the right way. I think all the massaging of the hip flexor might of irritated it, I will have to ask my pt tomorrow.
 
Acupuncturists, Massage Therapists, PT's...oh my! :thud:
I hope these people are helping more than hurting.
Let us know how tomorrow goes.
Good Luck!
@sequin98
 
Found this: It occurs when the pelvis rotates backward, causing the front to rise and the back to drop. It is caused by lengthening of the hip flexors and shortening of the hip extensors. As with anterior pelvic tilt, sitting for long periods of time, inactivity, and poor posture all contribute to posterior pelvic tilt.

:scratch:
 
@sequin98 my pelvis rotated so I walked like a duck before surgery. I couldn't bring it back underneath and it wreaked havoc on my back. After I had my second hip surgery in Nov (first in Sept), I could stand up straight again. It was amazing, but my hip flexors were so sore where they joined at the top of the thigh, where they had to stretch out again. I went to the physio and he did very deep psoas (part of the hip flexor) release on me, through the abdomen. I had it done three times over several weeks. It was supported by specific stretches. It was very uncomfortable as he was doing the release, but that along with the stretching exercises he gave me, really helped. Old habits die hard.
 
Thanks for the reply!
I had a horrible nightmare last night that caused my to fall out of bed :yikes:
I hit my head really hard on the bed frame. I came to on my left side. It seems fine, I think I'd know if something popped. I will mention it to my OS on Wed anyway.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary to Lefty!
How are you doing? I sure hope there weren't any additional falling out of bed episodes. That was a bad one! Wondering how your appt with the OS went a few weeks back. Leave an update, we'd love to hear how you're doing.
Happy Wednesday!
@sequin98
 
Thanks Layla...I wish it was happy....the snapping of my hip has yet to settle. While not always painful, it is always annoying. The OS said at the last appt to see him if it does not settle...looks like I will see him on the 26th. :gaah:
 
Oh my stars...I'm sorry this one is not behaving.
Please do let us know @sequin98
 
I'm sorry. Please let us know what you learn on the 26th. Thankfully it's not always painful.
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@sequin98
 
Although my appt is days away, I just wanted to ask the forum...how often does snapping hip syndrome turn into bursitis?
 
Hi sequin,
I really think you need to see what your surgeon thinks after updating your records and examining you.
After all, he's the medical professional. I found the info below online.


Causes of Snapping Hip Syndrome

  • Iliotibial Band Syndrome - The iliotibial band is a thick, wide tendon over the outside of the hip joint. The most common cause of snapping hip syndrome is when the iliotibial band (or "IT band") snaps over the greater trochanter (the bony prominence over the outside of the hip joint). If this is the cause of a snapping hip, patients MAY develop hip bursitis from the irritation of the bursa in this region.
I hope you get answers and find relief soon. Let us know how your appt goes on Wednesday.
@sequin98 :wave:
 
Best of luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you :friends:
@sequin98
 
:wave:Thinking of you, and hoping all is well with you.:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Thanx Mojo..
The OS said I have a bursa, and the pt said that the weakness in my gluteus medius is leading to that...ugh
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom