THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

They took a culture of it. Bleeding a tiny bit, they re bandaged it, told me to avoid PT until at least Friday, and not to ice as often..good news, I think...
 
Hi @sequin98
It's good to read the bleeding has eased. Let us know how the culture comes back.
Please remember the Big Tip from the Recovery Guidelines, especially this early out dealing with an issue as you are. I hope you have a good week! :)

BIG TIP:
Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
I'm glad to hear it's easing up.
Now to breathe, relax and try not to stress.
Hugs!:friends:
 
:chuckmarch:double hippy Sequin!
 
Even once the bandage, etc. is one, my surgeon said that SuperPath can leave everything a bit tighter than other approaches. In addition, the psoas/hip flexor can be a bit irritated. I was told not to do straight leg raises, etc. because it could irritate things. The hip flexor and piriformis were the last parts of each hip to settle down for me - suddenly improved significantly about 1 month out and really settled by about 2-3 months (except I started having other issues afterwards with second hip, but that's another story).
 
The stiffness when I first wake up is brutal. Any stretches I can do while still in bed?
 
You can bring your legs up and down and get the circulation going and get the muscles firing a bit...but you have to get up and get that first stutter steps and blood flowing I think.
Has the incision stopped leaking?
I'm sorry this has been rough on you, but it's going to get better.
Sending healing hugs @sequin98 :roseshwr:
 
It has stopped leaking, but the pain feels like it just happened...still icing :ice:
 
I know this is a Struggle...but I know you are strong!
Not even One month out.
So try to just relax ....this too shall pass.
Hugs and good mojo coming your way.:roseshwr:
 
Last edited:
Aww, poor sequin....only temporary, it will get better. :console2:
Wishing you comfort and a great night's sleep.
@sequin98
 
Thank you, I think I am more annoyed at the expectation of a quicker recovery ala superpath..
 
How are you doing, sequin?
With any luck the pain and tightness is easing.
Hopefully you're feeling better.
Wishing you a good day! :flwrysmile:
@sequin98
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the tightness eases and you sleep well tonight.
It's my wish for you on your one month anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
A flower for your special day. :flwrysmile: You made it to the one month point already, it will get better!
Hugs:friends:
@sequin98
 
Taking nytol tonight, wish me luck. Been walking around my house (inside) waay too much ice out there. Trying to keep the faith. No wound drainage...:catbutterfly:
 
:hi:Glad to hear wound is behaving:yes:

An all night sleep was such a Long time coming for me...:bored:
I am glad you are keeping the faith.
Happy belated one month hipversary!
Hope your weekend is healing and happy!:tada:
 
Ugh...I have had my period since I came home from the hospital. Annoying, for sure. But not it is super heavy, and it has wiped me out. I have had to use both crutches due to exhaustion. At this point, I would pay to get my uterus taken out. The tightness I can deal with, but this...:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom