THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Soo annoying that is tightens up do quick. Thank you for the reply.
 
:wave:@sequin98
Since you are four months out have you tried any regular stretching to improve this hip flexor tightness? Like hanging your leg off of your bed?

I haven't had chronic issues with it but did have a few issues with it after returning to work.
I would do it in the morning after very warm shower before dressing as it kind of warmed my muscles up! Maybe this will help, obviously if anything hurts...stop.
Perhaps it will help :friends:
  • Lie with operated leg hanging over the end of the bed
  • Bend the non-operated leg toward your chest using your hands or a towel...gently
  • You should feel the stretch at the front of your operated hip or groin
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry you're dealing with this @sequin98
Give the exercises Mojo described above a good try. If you don't experience relief we'll ask
Josephine to post the pain graph so you're able to pinpoint the pain. Then she can advise.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
 
I have tried that stretch, with foam rolling and strengthening. My next stop was dry needling. (the good thing, is that it is my non op hip, so I can bend it more... )
Been 4 months, at least I can say I no longer fear H*ELL.
 
Ok, @sequin98 in reading your words I'm assuming this is
not only stalling your recovery but it must be causing you some significant pain.
Let's see if @Josephine can pinpoint your pain, then advise.
I've tagged her for you so please check back in case she has questions.
Wishing you some relief and the ability to move forward.
 
(the good thing, is that it is my non op hip, so I can bend it more... )
:unsure: Oh. I totally missed that it is your non op hip. I mean do you have OA in it too. Im sorry, I need to read back through your thread so I can remember what the deal is. Do you think the new hip has caused something to go wacky on the other side???
 
I have moderate OA on the left.I think the 3 years that my left was helping has finally been revealed...
 
So sorry you are still uncomfortable.
I did however keep seeing improvement well past 6 months out.
Keep the faith my friend!
 
Yep. Some of us don't spring back as quick.
That positive attitude will get you there!
Hope your weekend is sweet!
:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
@sequin98 Having read through this thread in its entirety, I do have some thoughts on your pain so am taking the liberty of posting these questions without asking!

First is for you to show me where this pain(s) are using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] The sequel  of Sequin 1998<




The these. They are for the entirety of your recovery thus far so if there are more than one answer, please list them by date.

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. are you icing your painful area at all? If so, how often and for how long?

4. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

5. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

6. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
Hi @sequin98 .....sorry you're having this trouble with your other side now. We're pretty much neck and neck on the right one.....my left (moderate oa) was almost silent for the first 10 weeks (thought it must have been having referred pain from the right before the op) then about 4 weeks ago it started getting stiff, achey at night and occasionally getting really wimpy and giving way....sounds like yours is doing much the same. Were you planning on having leftie done at some stage? Looking forward (sort of) to having no 2 done cos it's making the op side, which was just about perfect, now start whinging for attention....it's like dealing with two fractious toddlers :heehee: Hope Josephine can spot your problem and suggest a course of action
 
Thank you Josephine for taking the time to look at my case.
Pain is TL2F

1. March 24-Aprtil 10- pain was a 7
consistently a 3 April10-May 4
pain meds were taken as needed beyond May 4

2.Tramadol with Tylenol was taken
Hydromorphone was given in the hospital.

3. Icing was done daily
4X a day from surgery until the first week of may.
Icing began on the left side in May, prior to bed.

4. Elevating my op side was done 20min 4 x daily March 24-May 1

5. I complete all the cleaning, clean litter boxes,cooking for 1
I order my groceries on line, then picked them up.

6.
squats 15 reps, 3 sets
bridges 15 reps, 3 sets
side lying hip abduction 15 reps, 3 sets
hip flexor raises 15 reps, 3 sets

Walking 30 min/day
cycling 20min/every other day

PT has been doing stretches, balance, squats with band and ball.
 
Hello @anny
I am not set to see my OS until next Spring, he told me my left should be good for 10 years, but it sounds morbid to just let the cartilage grind down...
 
@Mojo333
Thank you!
I have to remind myself that I had a long pre-op time, and recovering with Multiple Sclerosis is no picnic!
 
You've missed out some information I requested
2.Tramadol with Tylenol was taken
Hydromorphone was given in the hospital.
"how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
please list them by date."

PT has been doing stretches, balance, squats with band and ball.
"- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
please list them by date."
 
50 mg tramadol with 500 mg extra str. tylenol, 2 of each.

Pt once weekly ay 4-May 33. once every 2 weeks since.
Squats with ball 15 reps, 1 set.
Using bike for 10 min.
 
I took it as a PRN. it was every 2 hours for March/April/May.
Have only taken Tylenol as needed (1x week since)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom