THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

@sequin98 don't despair my friend I was exactly the same. At 5 months I started strengthening my thigh muscles as they were super weak. The physio got me laying on my non op side and raising my op leg to the side and drew a square in the air. These along with squatting down with my back against the wall, built up the strength and got rid of my woddle. This was caused by the lack of strength in my thigh to hold that leg straight when walking. Just do what you can to strengthen your thighs within your limits. I know they say no PT on here but that worked for me!! I have also been very frustrated with my recovery. These stengthening excercises were what turned a corner for me. I am 1 week post op with the other hip and that has been sooo much better. Down to stronger thigh muscles I am sure. The other one still recovers but I am hoping with its new job of my "good" hip it will get better! Good luck and you know where I am if you need to talk
 
Oh my, @sequin98 , I hate to hear you feeling so despondent.
You really have been patient but that left hip really might be holding up your progress.
What are your thoughts about going ahead and getting that done and dusted so you have two new hips to walk on?
Sending you sympathy hugs:console2:
 
Last edited:
Thank you Ladies.
@Mojo333 I have an appointment in October to discuss this with my OS. I don't want to wait 10 years until the cartilage wears out. Yikes.
@Bevlah thank you, I will try anything at this point.
 
Hang in there friend...I know there is a happy ending for you.
Sending good mojo your way!:loveshwr:
 
Aww, sequin, you'll get there. For whatever reason it's just taking you a bit longer.
Try not to compare. It's so difficult though when you're reading of others recoveries.
Maybe once you get the left done you'll progress more. Hang in there.
I hope you're having a nice week.
@sequin98
 
Hi @sequin98 I was thinking of you today, mostly because of all the smoke here on VI, and wondering how it is with you where you are in AB? That prompted me to get an update on your recovery. I read about your frustrations with your gait and the clicking sound in your LH etc. I'm sorry that you are going through the frustrations with your gait, and perhaps it is because your LH is going down hill. I went from having minor arthritis in my LH and nothing in my RH in March 2015, to having bone on bone with osteophytes etc. in both hips in October 2017. I was shocked at how fast things went badly with both hips. I'm wondering if your LH is affecting your gait, due to the fact that the OA in your LH has progressed faster than you know? Hoping that your October OS appointment comes around quickly for you.
:flwrysmile: Thinking fresh air thoughts!
 
Wishing you a peaceful weekend!:tada:
 
I think I know why, but can someone tell me why my incision hurts when pressure is applied? (laying on it):chinstroke:
 
My guess, and just a guess, is that small nerves in there. Possibly some soft tissue still healing but it's been quite a while since your surgery.
I'm sure someone smarter than I will add their thoughts but my incisions were sensitive to lay on for up to a year and when bumped into something even now.
 
Oh my stars Sequin.
Please don't say that.
Its possibly a nerve? Or ??
But we will find out what meds to be done.
I know the desperate state I got to pre-op because I thought, and the doctors thought, it was back related. I was so despondent...you are not going to be stuck like this you are not going to give up seeking answers...I'm consider you will get this resolved.
I'm rooting for you!
 
Last edited:
On the way downhill on my walk today, I could really feel my left hip crunching, and in pain. I didn't think it would be so quick after. Back on tramadol. *sigh*:shrug:
 
can someone tell me why my incision hurts when pressure is applied
It is still healing. It can take quite awhile before you can lie on that side for any length of time. Just keep trying.
I didn't think it would be so quick after.
In my experience hips can go from tolerable to horrid very quickly. Baby that hip in waiting. Use your meds if needed.
 
Aww, poor sequin. I'm sorry.
Sending a hug :console2: and some sunshine your way :SUNsmile:
Hope tomorrow is a better day!
@sequin98
 
Thinking of you today.
:friends:
 
I'm sorry. Wish I could help cheer you up!:console2:

Want me to tell you a joke?:shrug:

Why do Eskimos always wash their clothes in Tide?
 
Because it's too cold OutTide
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom