TKR the road is long with many a winding turns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a have not completely given up oxycodone but have reduced it and not taking and 12 hour oxycodone

October 13 2015
 
Got over the hick ups with oxycodone so have been alternating oxycodone with vicodin but not take any full pills

October 13 2015
 
@moretennis
Please don't try to rush things. Your knee has had major trauma during this surgery (even if the surgery was less invasive) and it will need time to recover. If you try to push things too fast, you could actually slow down your recovery.

You will be able to climb stairs normally, but it's too early to expect your knee to do this at the moment.
 
Yes I pretty much had destroyed my knee before surgery my OS confirmed after surgery that yes it was really bad but I had played tennis like this for 8 years had finished my last tournament the colorado state open only one week before surgery this could be the reason for this recovery as I was a on legged stork

October 13 2015
 
Here is the size of my incision if will will help others to consider minimally invasive surgery it would also help me in that maybe by choosing this type of.surgury it could save.people a lot of.pain and suffering when it.comes to recovery just be cautious to chose a OS that does this type only as my recovery is at 4 and 1/2 weeks according to my PT and.i had it.done October 13th
[Bonesmart.org] the road is long with many a winding turns
 
Sounds like you're doing great. Just remember it isn't a contest. :heehee:
 
Well I saw my OS fir:roseshwr::dancy:st time since surgery it's been a grueling 13 days but it was worth it ,I can't get my wound wet yet so no pool but I did get my tennis raquet out yesterday and hit on the wall , wow those vicodin sure do throw off your timing so my OS gave me a back to work no restrictions so I will go back Monday the 2nd of November also start outpatient PT tomorrow but I already have pretty good flexion @0 and 120
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] the road is long with many a winding turns
    1445898613410.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 161
Everytime I see your thread, I will have the "He's not heavy" song in my head! I went back to work 2 1/2 weeks out for half days. Today I started back to full time. I hope you have a desk job like mine. I am jealous of your ROM! You are doing so well!
 
Thanks work at railroad I am not back yet but go back Monday try to get my foot back in the door heh heh a little play on words
 
my OS gave me a back to work no restrictions so I will go back Monday the 2nd of November
Ye gods! 4 weeks out? Can you do a Phased return to work to help you cope? What is your job? How many hours do you work? Can you arrange to work short shifts for a couple of weeks.
also start outpatient PT tomorrow but I already have pretty good flexion @0 and 120
If your ROM is 120/0 and you're going back to work, you don't need any PT. None at all!! And you'll be too exhausted to do it anyway. Please cancel it - your ROM is streets ahead of the usual at two week.
 
I returned to the classroom at eight weeks post-BTKR. I was excited to get back, but I can tell you that, by returning that early, I really slowed down my recovery---not to mention that I was stiff and sore and exhausted by the end of the day. Some can recover very quickly, but that is not the norm.

It is also about the logistics of getting up, packing a lunch, and getting to work---and then reversing it ant the end of the day.

On Sundays, after church, I did absolutely nothing but rest, ice, and elevate.
 
I did not base. That decision on anything I have learned on this site I wish I would have found this site sooner maybe I would not have been so bone headed sorry for the pun
 
Well I saw my OS fir:roseshwr::dancy:st time since surgery it's been a grueling 13 days but it was worth it ,I can't get my wound wet yet so no pool but I did get my tennis raquet out yesterday and hit on the wall , wow those vicodin sure do throw off your timing so my OS gave me a back to work no restrictions so I will go back Monday the 2nd of November also start outpatient PT tomorrow but I already have pretty good flexion @0 and 120
Ah, a fellow tennis fanatic. Good to find a kindred spirit. Didn't get my ROM to a decent place for a while, so no tennis balls for me until about 11 and a half weeks out. Had a rebound net set up in my garage, and did some hitting against it for a few times. Hit with a friend and fellow TKR veteran earlier this month; he was 6 months out, I was 3 months out, and I was moving as well as he was. Unfortunately, he got sick and couldn't hit for a while.

I was ready to hit more, so I bought a ball machine 2 weeks later. Now I take it out 3 to 4 times a week, depending on weather, and work on getting my stroke mechanics back. (retired, so work not an issue) Wonderful machine.

I'm amazed that you can even swing the racquet after so short a time, but I admire and understand your passion for hitting those pesky yellow balls. Let's keep in touch and swap lies about our prowess. BTW, my knee is a Genesis II, cruciate retaining. Do you know which model you got?

And I agree with @Josephine and @referee54; once you know the basic ROM heel slides, most of the other PT is more or less window dressing. And if you have a stationary bike of some kind in your home or access to one elsewhere, you will be in good shape. Turning that bike wheel for the first time is a major accomplishment.

Keep swinging, buddy. :tennis:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom