Guest viewing is limited

The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Hello everyone!

My 1st post, my TKR on my left knee is June 19, 2009. Using the Stryker Triathlon with Otis Med custom fit method. I have been wearing an "unloader brace" for about 18 months. It's time for a new knee.:D

Welcome to BoneSmart, Allegheny. So glad you decided to join us. We'll be here to support you both before and after your surgery. It sounds like you are rarin' to go, but if you find yourself with questions or concerns, don't hesitate to post again.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Okay, I did it. Again. Contacted my OS office and told em to line up the knives, drills, saws, glue, hammer, vaccum cleaner, sewing kit, and the stapler for Sept. 10.

And to get a new anesthesia guy. And lots of dope.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Good for you, Gringo!!! You'll feel so good when you "even up!".
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Haha Gringo. You will be fine at least you know what to expect right!!!!Then we will need a new picture...lol
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Gringo,
Way to go!! I hope this next go around is easier on your tummy!! LOL And you will be able to enjoy some mexican food this time.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

I pigged out on Tex-mex and BBQ before the TKR. I am sure glad I did. I am still not all the way back on the red meat.

I bet I have lost fifteen pounds in all this though. That's gotta be a free bonus of the GA.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

My surgery date is August 25, 2009
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Gringo-

We won't be that far apart with surgery then. I'm a couple of weeks before that.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Just finished pre-op for next Thursday. Will have new knee before the sun goes down.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Pre-op is today... June 17th is my date for BTKR. Looking forward to the days afterward.
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

R smith and liberty...Hi welcome....You both will be so happy. You will have some ups and downs. But all and all you will feel so much better, To get your life back. Do the things you couldnt do. I hope you all post and let us know how you are doing. I am 9 week and already see the diff....Please post any questions any time....Good luck to you both..............
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Gringo reminds me.... i best get my fill of Tex-Mex (my absolute all time weakness) before going in. Thanks for the cue :)
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Hi All!

I've been lurking here for awhile.

Thanks for being here.

I finally met with my OS today and now have tentatitive surgery dates for my staged BTKR.

December 10,2009 for RTKR

March 11,2010 for LTKR

I was hoping that he would say I could have both done at same time and that it would be in the next week or two.

I will wait. He is a good surgeon and worth waiting for.

I am diabetic,overweight,have a broken left foot,and two knees with advanced OA.

I can stand long enough to shave and take a shower and that's pushing it.Can walk (with cane) about 1 block before I MUST sit down.

Legs stiffen after sitting to the point that I absolutely have to "work up the courage" just to get up and move around.My balance is all screwed up as my worn out knees try to compensate for lack of cartilage and lubrication.

Other than that, I'm just peachy!

I'm looking forward to meeting my new kneesy bunch here and wish the best for everyone.

I am cautiously optimistic that all the struggles are worth it as we plod our way toward "getting life back"

Sincerely,

Tom
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Hi Tom, If you have that much going on I would almost be sure to say, you will be better off once you have this. Its a lil rough in the beginning but what have been dealing with sounds rough as well...If you trust the surgeon that is very important and worth the wait....Hang in there it will be here before you know it and we will all be here to support you..............Post anytime. love to hear from you !!!!!!!You deserve your life back...........
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Hi Cripplenomore!

I've been reading your posts here.

Good Luck on the 22nd! and after,of course!

Tom
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Oh good Luck cripple no more. I think it will live up to your name....You will be much happier in the long run....I had my right one done and after a week or so its gets better guess with any surgery............You will be in my prayers as well..........Please post when you can and let us know how you are doing.........Good luck to all!!!!!.....:)
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Thank you, Tom. Good luck to you! It's too bad you have to wait so long for your new knees! I have a lot of the same symptoms as you, especially with the getting up to walk after sitting for a while. I can't wait until I can just stand up and go again. I waited for my own reasons, but once I knew I had to do it, I got on my OS schedule in about 7 weeks. I can't believe how great these people are on this board. They have totally changed my attitude about the surgery in just a few days! I am going in with a truly positive outlook now, instead of dreading it or being in a panic with fear. I will try to get online as soon as possible after surgery to tell my new friends here at Bonesmart how I'm doing. What a great support group!:thmb:
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

You got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And we will be waiting for you both.....Post though if you have questions we all did so we do understand what are you going thru............Your never Never alone
 
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Thank You Texas!

It sure is nice to have some encouraging words from someone who has been through this and can understand the trials and tribulations one experiences.

I feel lucky to have a chance of a better future than the past and present I am enduring.There's nothing fun about it.

I will make it with the encouragement of people like you.

Tom
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom