The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Loribee!!!! Good to hear from you. Nerves are common, just come here and chat if you need some support.
 
Hey, Wrappergirl......you know the nerves and anxious feelings are something we all go through....it's gonna be okay. Surgery is a big deal and you'd be so ABNORMAL if you weren't worried at least a little!

As Jo has said, "anxious" is just misplaced "excitement," though. Try to be excited for the things you're going to be able to do once you get through recovery with this new knee!!! Make lists so you can check off your milestones! Visit with friends. Go out to lunch. Spend a day at the salon and be pampered. Enjoy yourself until the big day!!! And....come here if you need to talk. We'll be here for you!!
 
Thank you so much Jamie, the support is a HUGE HELP right now. I've had so many surgeries and its drainging mentally and physically but I know I'm not alone in that.
I would love to go a day without pain, that will be awhile yet, I will have to have the other knee done within the year then possibly my foot reconstructed too, all my metatarsals are twisted now due to the valgus knee. Thank you for your words of encouragement, you are awesome! Thank you very much, Lois :)
 
Sept. 24th from Judy Sewell
more spine surgery. The big one this time. Correction of deformity kyphosis which increased rapidly this year. T-2 thru L-2 many cuts in spine, osteotomies (they may be the same thing as breaks) . If nothing else I will be able to stand up straight.
 
LTKR - Tuesday 12th October
Birthday - Wednesday 13th October! not likely to forget this years!
thought I was feeling nervous to...wrong!
somewhere in the region of terrified would be more accurate!
 
Oh GoldenBoy! I know how you feel! Do start a thread of your own and tell us about yourself. But soon so we can get to know you! In the meantime, welcome to BoneSmart!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom