Guest viewing is limited

The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Hi giulia and welcome.
I'm also scheduled for LTKR on 8/10. We'll recover together!
Nancy
,
 
Welcome Georgette. Wow yours is Monday. I guess you knew that ...lol...I hope you post and let us know how you are doing...Good Luck to you. I think you will be happy you did this. Keep us posted!!!..:)
 
Yes it is Monday. I am not afraid of the surgery, just the pain afterwards. I have heard horror stories of the severity of the pain. I had low back surgery with a fusion and disc replacement 2 1/2 yrs ago and the pain was awful, but the back is good now, or it was until I started limping from the knee pain. Glad I found this forum and all of the information.
I will definitely post after the surgery and let you all know how it went.
Georgette
 
Well you will have either and nerve block or Epidural that will help alot with the pain. As long as you keep up with the medicine, ice and relax you ill be fine. Sounds like you had problems with your back. Now having this surgery one problem wiwll be solved. We have all been thru it and will help you with anything.....:)
 
Thank you Kim, tomorrow is the day of surgery. Your reply to my concern about pain helped alot. I am having a nerve block, so the Dr said and then I am to talk with the anesthesiologist about a pain ball. I read about someone on this blog that had one and my Dr said I would be a good candidate for one.
I'll be back as soon as I can to comment on my surgery.
Georgette
 
Hey thats right...Well you will be in my prayers. Please post when you can and let us know how you are doing. I'm sure you will be just fine. I had a nerve block it was very good with helping the pain. Humm I haven't heard of that ball, anything to help with pain I would take...lol..Good Luck to you Georgette....We will be looking forward to your post...
 
Hi Georgette! Well I'm a little late because today is your surgery day! That sure brings back a lot of memories :hissy: But once you get back online to the forum maybe this will help - I was overwhelmed right after surgery because this is a Big Deal :shk: We are used to being able to use all of our joints and it's a shock to the system when we can't. So days one through four I was thinking AHH what have I done? :doh: But it was only a few days later that I was doing better and starting to move around. :pnc: So this is what I want to share - Before long things will be better. I've recovered well enough after three months to be getting ready to do the other knee in October! :wink: I was fine and I know you will be too. After the recuperation period and the physical therapy (PT) I love my new knee! :wub: Hang in there girl, it will all be worth it. Every day it gets better! Just be sure to rest up, work on PT as you can as the swelling goes down. And oh yes, find a physical therapist you like! They make all the difference. See you on the walking trails!
Donna
 
Hey Donna wow that is so great about your recovery. Even more brave to do the other one...lol...You know what I mean. :hehe:..Keep us posted on your next knee. I hope this one goes even better then the fist......:)
 
Please observe the title of this thread

Re: The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions
 
My first post. : ) Bilateral total knee surgery August 25th, 2009.
 
Oooooh sorry - just got to say welcome to these two good folk!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom