Guest viewing is limited

TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

I agree with your PT, @momweb . Cut back in the exercises and use ice. If raising your leg hurts, don't do it. Once you can do the straight leg raising exercise, you don't need to keep on doing it anyway.

What hurts is probably not scar tissue rubbing. It's more likely to be angry and inflamed tissue, due to overuse.
 
Get better!!! I can't wait to FINALLY meet you!!! It will be fun ...... I prob need a little more time anyhow...... up now icy away...... some day I will be able to make it through my 2 am "feeding" oxy Robaxin and tylenol and ICE........ But step by step...... you are lucky to be happy with your in house PT and that he is willing to hang. Mine was real nice but limited in her experience so we are done already. I went to the outpatient one and I really liked it........ what agency did your home care? Mine was Interim.
 
The painful saga continues!:badspidy: I woke up in pain again this morning, but now I have a small bowling ball for a knee. I called the doc on call who suggested I continue doing what I'm doing, icing, elevating, etc. But since I can barely bend the knee, and am in extreme pain, they suggested I go to the ER to be sure that something more serious isn't wrong. Now, I'm waiting for hubby to come home, so we can drive to the ER. This roller coaster is stuck at the bottom.:cry:
 
Oh, no! Hoping for a good report from the ER.
 
Well, after 3 hours in the ER, I guess I'm relieved. There was no blood clot, no infection, and the implant was secure. It seems that I may have burst a stitch deep within the knee and that was what caused the swelling and pain. The ER I went to actually contacted the on-call doc for my OS and got advice from her. So, it was suggested to contact the office on Monday, wear a light compression bandage and continue to ice and elevate. So, even though my ROM went from 130 to 90 in a day, let's hope things get straightened out quickly and I get back to where I was. But I am thankful it wasn't something more serious. Anyone have anything like this happen to them?
 
Let me tag @Josephine so she can provide information for you about that diagnosis of a deep stitch breaking loose. She will be the best person to comment.

So sorry to hear you've had this problem. Please take care of yourself until you can see your surgeon. Try not to worry about the major decrease in ROM. It's still there....it's just the swelling.
 
Relieved it isn't something worse and you're home.
 
@momweb - Read you whole thread today. Sorry for your most recent set back.. Hopefully recovery will come swiftly! We're all rooting for you!!:yes:
 
Good grief....you have had more trouble! I'm so sorry, I hope this is just a teeny setback....no biggie. I just want everything to settle down for you!
 
Sorry to hear this. Hope you're ok and that this is just a minor blip on the road to recovery.
 
I'm confused. Don't the stitches eventually just get absorbed by the body? I would think after 6 weeks they would all be gone?? Did they say what layer the stitch was on that burst, i.e. muscle, fascia,ligament? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this since I'm about the same timeline you are for my 2nd TKR.
 
Most sutures do dissolve. It can take a couple weeks to months and can be different for different people. It's really not something to worry about as it's very rare to have problems with an internal suture breaking.
 
Good to hear the ER doc was smart enough to consult with an OS too. Sending you :ice:
 
Back
Top Bottom