Guest viewing is limited

TKR The journey continues

Glad you had a good session with your PT, and thank goodness for friends who see what needs to be done and just do it.
 
Friends like that are a real blessing! I'd be blessed if someone would do mine.
It sounds like your staple removal wasn't bad at all. I'll probably get mine out Thursday. At least, I hope so. If it's anything like stitches being removed, it will feel much better. @Floridagal, do you feel better with them out? Is there less pulling? I'm thinking the exercises will be less painful with the staples out. You are really doing good! It sounds like you're doing circles around me! You go, girl! Next year this time we June Sunbathers will have to get back here and have an anniversary party! One whole year!
 
I really can't tell any difference with the staples out. I am going to check to see if I have any Tylenol PM in the house. That sounds like a great idea.
 
Oh shoot. I was hoping there would be less pulling.
 
Amy Jo, you are doing great, I hope to be using a cane in 2 weeks!!!!
 
Good morning my Florida friend. How are you feeling today and how was your night? Any closer to getting more sleep? Hope you have a great improving day! :flwrysmile:. How is your little doggie doing,,are you ok letting him out to potty?

:puppysmooze:
 
@sistersinhim
How are you doing? I've been keeping up with you and everyone else, even though I haven't felt up to writing every day. Hope everything is getting better!
 
Another miserable night. Maybe I should be use to them by now. The doggie is great. I open the front door and say "go pee" and she obliges. I get others to take her for a longer walk sometime during the day. The PT was here again today and she was amazed that I could flex to 114 degrees. Extension is still -5. She said I was ready for out patient PT. I am too. A friend is making lasagna for me tonight. My nausea is pretty much gone away. My appetite is still diminished but I don't care. I have lost two pounds from my weight before surgery. Yesterday I dragged my laundry bag to the top of the stairs and threw it over the railing to the garage floor. I then went down and was able to do a wash. My boyfriend brought my clean clothes up. I am sure I broke rules doing this but it felt good being independent. The PT also said I can walk down my walk to the street if I want. At 95 degrees I doubt I'll want to be out but I am glad I can do it. My walk is square stones about 2.5 ft square with hickory nuts and sticks on it so I have to be very careful. I am pleased with my progress but still hurt.
 
Sounds like you are doing pretty good. What was miserable about the night? Lack of sleep or pain?
 
Sorry you had a rough night. I hope tonight is a better night for you. You're lucky to have friends to help when you need it, but also time alone to be independent.
 
I bet your rough night was from your overdoing yesterday with the laundry and steps. I pray that your night tonight is better. I find the ice machine helps me sleep better. It sounds like you're getting stronger and stronger every day!
 
My knee hurt last night. I just couldn't get comfortable. I tried the couch for awhile and that didn't help. Then I went back to bed and I got a couple hours from 5:30 to 7:00. I've been using ice packs instead of the ice machine. It is just hard to load and I always have to have people buying ice for me. Yes, I am encouraged that I am getting stronger. Other than PT I didn't do much today so maybe I'll sleep better. The PT suggested that I get up and walk when I can't sleep. Seems counter to good sense but I'll try anything!
 
I have the blocks that you put in picnic coolers that you can then refreeze. I also have some 12 of bottles ( from soda) that I filled 2/3 of the way with water and use that to help fill my ice machine. I always have a set in my freezer. I actually use very few ice cubes and change the water every second or third time I use it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] The journey continues
 
I bought a case of water bottles from WalMart for just a few dollars, and froze them all. They are always in my freezer, and I rotate them as needed. My machine holds 4 at a time, so I would say you need at least 12 to allow for time to re-freeze. I have 20 or 24. I also make sure to empty, rinse and re-fill the water every other day. Also, cut off the labels, even the plastic-y type labels, as they will clog the machine. I don't use anything but the water bottles and add water to the fill line, and it works perfectly. I've not timed how long a set of bottles stays frozen, but I add fresh bottles before bed, and in the morning it's still cold, albeit not as cold as it is at first, but cold enough to not feel warm at all. I decided not to use the blocks as it's just easier to stick to one thing and not have to fuss around. I hope you feel better and get some better sleep. I'll attach a picture, the bottles are not currently frozen as I haven't used it today yet-so still have last night's bottles in.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] The journey continues
    ice.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom