Guest viewing is limited

TKR The journey continues

Glad to hear that it is not all in my head, or should I say my knees!!! ; )

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Yep, it certainly can do in the early days. Once they are healed it should get less
 
91 day or 13 week report!
Generally I am returning to my old life style - singing in the chorus, working out two days a week, cooking, cleaning, walking the dog, eating out, seeing friends, . . . (Note: I live alone.)

ROM: Functional. It seems normal to me. It hasn't been measured since I quit PT weeks ago.
Pain: Some aching if I leave my leg down too long, zingers on occasion. My low back hurts more than the knee.
Meds: I take Tylenol mostly for the low back. I'm back to two diclofenac daily.
Challenges: I go downstairs slowly with alternating legs when I am not in a hurry. I cannot kneel and avoid getting on the floor for any reason. Both legs still feel weak when I stand after sitting for awhile.
Accomplishments: Yesterday I walked for 20 min. on the treadmill for 0.8 miles. I ride my exercise bike 15 min. daily for 3.3 miles. I played nine holes of golf Monday and found it easier walking downhill off the greens.
Therapy: I ice and elevate one to three times a day. I sometimes do the exercises PT gave me. I feel being active is more important that doing exercises.
Sleep: Not good yet, but it hasn't been for years. I have little or no pain at night.
Goals: To play 18 holes of golf without the knee protesting. Walk a 5K with my Nordic poles.

I hope this encourages others who are just starting out. The healing process is slow with set backs along the way but we will get there eventually. We are all different and heal at our own rates. The support of BS is priceless as you make this journey. I have recommended BS to several friends who are anticipating replacement.
 
As I have said before, you are amazing! No matter what age a person is, if they are in good shape before this surgery, they can do as well as you have!
 
Amy Jo, do you find swinging the golf club puts stress on your knees? You and I both had the right one done. Are you right handed?
 
Yes, I am right handed. I have read that the left knee takes more pressure when golfing. I turned my right foot out a little also since I read this takes pressure off the knees. The first time I golfed going downhill was the hardest part but that has gotten much easier. I was careful to ice and elevate when I got home. It was awfully hot and I was getting exhausted after nine holes. I was glad to quit then. Of course, I was in a cart!
 
It's been a couple of years since I've been and that's something else on my list of things to get back to. Thank you for your hint about the foot. I'll try that.
 
Lots of wind and rain last night. I was awakened 2:00 by the rain and had to get up to check the radar. I didn't get back to sleep until 4:00 or so. It is still windy and 7,600 have lost power in Gainesville. I am lucky to be fine. I live on a wooded lot and my trees protect me - or at least that's what I like to think.
 
Thank God you Floridians are OK down there! I can sure understand being awake during this scary time. Did you knee behave? Any pain problems with the low barometric pressure?
 
I'm glad all of you all are safe!
 
Lady Mary has been pretty tolerant of this bad weather. She hurt a little more yesterday but not as much as I was anticipating. I was exhausted yesterday and I wonder if that was weather related. it was one of those days when I did not want to do anything. Now I have tons of dead branches to pick up. A large tree came down in my backyard and since it's an all natural landscape I will let the termites enjoy it.
 
This weather has not been kind to my aches and pains...I'm so thankful my boss closed the office yesterday and today!!!
 
I've been working picking up dead wood in the yard. My back gives out before the knee which is probably a good thing. This way my knee is not over-challenged. A tree came down in my back yard which is more than 50 feet long. I didn't realize it was this big. It fell parallel to the house. For that I am grateful. It could have taken out the house! There are lots of trees between it and the house. Maybe they would have protected me. I wish the best for those on the East Coast who are now enduring Hermine.
 
Amy Jo stay safe, don't hurt yourself.

It is still raining here...this weather needs to improve so my aches and pains can go away!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom