TKR The journey continues

I'm visiting the ODIC today. Yesterday I walked 1.3 miles in a half hour, did a hard half hour work out, came home and vacuumed, and then met with some other altos and practiced singing for 1 1/2 hours. Last night I was awake until four with my LEFT hip, knee and ankle hurting. My RTKR seemed to be OK with the activity. It's just the rest of me that's falling apart. Today will be R&R and lots of naps. I have a tendency to overdo. It runs in my family. :)
 
Have to wonder if the fatigue we feel is because even tho on the outside we may look healed, but are not totally healed 100 percent on the inside, so our bodies are allowing us to go about our task, but the minute we sit or relax a bit the fatigue really sits in. I know after working the past 4 days, I've been pooped, Thurs evening after work napped 2 hrs, really felt I needed it, was frustrated and feeling blue and felt better after that nap, still sleep good that night, last night as most evenings lately I lounged around. Not much extra is getting done right now other then outside employment, today I plan on tackling the laundry and getting some groc, so far this morning not moving any to fast. But when we do feel pooped, I think we need to give our self that time to regenerate, just sitting elevating with ice, or napping what ever our body needs.
 
Amy Jo, I do the same thing, I am trying to slow down a little because I feel really fatigued, my hubby usually helps me around the house but he has been working pretty much 24-7 for a couple of weeks, so I do a little bit each day.

I hope you feel better soon!!! BTW that was a really busy say for you yesterday.
 
A friend and I are planning a trip to Scotland in the spring and I am determined to get into shape for the trip - if it kills me. ;) She is younger than me. It is the same friend that drove to Alaska with me. I know we are compatible.
 
That is so great, how exciting!!!

I have no doubt you will do it, if I have learned a couple of things about you is that you are one tough (in a good way) and determined woman!!!!
 
Amy Jo, so sorry you joined our ODIC for a day. Amazing that it's not your right knee, but your left side. Wonderful! We are still in the energy drain stage somewhat and want to do what we used to do. When we do, we end up paying for it. But, while we're doing it, it's worth it! You WILL make your Scotland trip. You are a determined lady and won't let anything beat you!
 
Amy Jo, you drove to Alaska! That's a trip to undertake. How fabulous! I have no doubt you'll be able to go to Scotland. It's a great place to visit right now, one of the safer places.
 
The trip to Alaska was a trip of a lifetime in my 21 ft. RV. It took us nine weeks total round trip with time spent on the ferry going north.
 
Thank you all. I am feeling better. Just did a 2,000 (.82 mi.) step walk which felt good. Yes, I love my Fitbit.
 
Your trip to Alaska sounds like a dream with a RV! What part of the trip did you take a ferry? I need to find an adventurous travel partner that I could tolerate being with on a longtrip. Not an easy feat.
Keep walking!
 
Great that you're feeling better after a day of rest!
 
Amy Jo, I visited Scotland 32 years ago. I have family there, so we were there for 6 weeks. It was wonderful. Inverness, Isle of Skye, St. Andrews and Sterling Castle were my favorites, but we were all over the place. I'm going back someday. My niece just went for her honeymoon.
 
Pretty impressive walk! My recovery buddy has a Fitbit too, and it seems to be an encouraging and useful tool for him.
 
This is my 15th week anniversary and my last update. Today I golfed 18 holes and the knee did not complain. (The golf was pretty bad.) I told my fitness advisor that step-ups were too hard on my knees and he said we would not try them again. I think that is what got my left knee hurting last week. I walked 1.26 miles on the treadmill and the knee was fine. Now I can also go downstairs. I go slowly since the left knee is still a little sore and the right a little tight but I can do it quite comfortably now. Most of my goals have been met. I know I won't be able to kneel for a long time and it will be ages before the swelling totally disappears. All in all I am happy where I am at right now. I feel my steady progress is due to a number of factors - following the Bonesmart way, having support from my brother, my friends and especially all you here on Bonesmart, also being in relatively good shape before surgery. I will keep coming back here to check to see how all of you are doing because I care about you. So many of you have so many additional stresses in your lives. I am blessed that right now my life seems pretty stress free. I see my OS next week and expect a good report. If anything happens with the knee that I think will benefit others, I'll report it. I hope that all of you continue to make good progress.
 
Amy Jo, I am very happy for your that you are doing so well and are happy with your recovery, I agree you are very blessed. Please don't be a stranger, I really love to hear about your progress and activities but I also understand that as we get back to our normal life and activities we don't have as much time to be on this site.

I wish you the best of luck, play lots of golf and travel as much as you can, I know that you love to enjoy life and now your knee will allow you to do it to the fullest, I have enjoyed sharing our recovery and cheering each other on.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom