Guest viewing is limited

TKR The journey continues

I knew you were a tough lady! Keep up the good work!
 
Amy Jo thank you glad you are turning that corner

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Wow! Last night I slept from 10:00 until 7:00. Of course, there were the pee breaks but I fell right back asleep afterward. What a wonderful gift! I will never again take sleeping or eating or walking for granted! :spin:
 
Wowsers! Thats a real night. Before surgery did you get up during the night for pee breaks? You must feel so refreshed. Have a great healing day :egypdance:
 
Wow that's fantastic, you must have felt so good, I have always been a bad sleeper, funny enough I had a good sleep in hospital with my eye covers and ear plugs in, think it must have been the medication that I was on and the anesthetic as I have not had good sleep since coming home. Hears hoping you continue to have good sleep

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
What a wonderful gift, a good night's sleep! I think it's normal for us girls to get up for pee breaks during the night, but being able to go right back to sleep is the blessing! What a difference from 3 weeks ago!
 
I think it's normal for us girls to get up for pee breaks


Really? huh, I have never done that. I dont always sleep great, but I never get out of bed, and never go pee. I drink alot of water, and always have, so maybe my bladder is just well trained to hold it ;) who knows..
 
@birdwatchr, Oh, good. I see you are just a few days past me in recovery. Do you still feel like an invalid?

Yesterday I was totally alone, made my three meals, did a wash, took the dog for very short walks and watched the movie "The Color Purple." I am feeling rather isolated and I am an introvert who is supposed to like to be alone! Today I have PT and I asked two friends to take and get me. At least I'll see some fresh faces. This must be cabin fever beginning to set in. I do want to say I don't know what I would do without my little "therapy" dog. Whenever I want, and sometimes when I don't want, she'll jump on my lap and give me kisses. She is such a bundle of sweetness. She loves snuggling up with me. I've never had a dog like this and I've had three others who have been great dogs.
 
@Floridagal
Oh Yes!! Still feel like an invalid! The cabin fever feeling is like when your car is in the shop. You have nowhere to go, and you had no intentions of going anywhere, but you are frustrated because you can't go out! I miss having my fur babies. When the last one died, hubby said no more. I only want a Pekingese! They are small and I love them. Maybe one day I can get another, but not now. My sheltie was also a great one. But my best was a mixed shepherd from the humane society. I had 5 at one time, but as they died I didn't replace. Several were gotten from vets I worked for and they were abandoned. My mother would have told you my best friend growing up were the dogs!

Hopefully the invalid feeling will pass quickly. I have been driving myself to PT - hubby said to either drive myself or call a cab; he couldn't take off any more time from work. So over the weekend, we went out and I drove about the distance to PT (3 miles away) and did OK. At first I had a hard time getting out of the car, but now can get out a little easier. So if I HAD to go somewhere, I guess I could, but I prefer to only go to PT right now.

I had thought my first real outing would be a craft store, but it was Lowe's last weekend - hubby went and got a scooter and brought it out to the car, and I could go look at plants for a new planter. He complains that he can't walk, but he walked faster than the scooter could go! So the only walking I had to do was from the house to the car and from the car back to the house. It was nice to get out for that short while. He asked if I wanted to go anywhere else, but I said no. He likes Walmart, and I really don't. Don't need any craft stuff right now, so.....

Still can't focus on anything either. Trying to get into a quilt for my grand daughter. I bought the stuff when she was 2 and she is 5 now. She will be outgrowing the fabric by the time I get it made.

Take care - hope you are feeling better. Just got done icing my itchy scar. It feels better now.
 
Music to my ears, Amy Jo! I can tell you have taken control of your healing, and you're listening to your body. It also sounds like your own doctor really trusts your judgment, which is fantastic. You go, girl!
 
You are really doing well. I can totally relate to cabin fever. I couldn't call anyone because they were all at work and no one lives close enough to come by on their way home either. I started binge watching shows on Netflix! It drove me crazy. I'm back at work now after 3 months off. Now I wish I could just stay home!:shrug:
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
I can't wait until I have a little more energy and actually feel like going somewhere!
 
Really? huh, I have never done that. I dont always sleep great, but I never get out of bed, and never go pee. I drink alot of water, and always have, so maybe my bladder is just well trained to hold it ;) who knows..

Just wanted to say that up until about a year or so ago I never got up at night either, but now I get up at least once every night, sometimes twice. Maybe it's just from getting older.
 
When I had my bladder tack the doctor told me to never let my bladder get over full. This is always in the back of my mind and I will wake up when I feel the urge to go. My roommate says I have a 'teacup' bladder. But, in the hospital while I was on the cath, she saw just how much pee I make and it's not teacup sized! Even the nurses commented on it. It can be bad while on a trip, but I'm thankful my kidneys are working so very well! Sometimes after this surgery, the patient has a hard time making pee for a few days. That would scare me!
 
WARNING: This may be TMI (too much information) for some here!

A few days after getting home from the hospital I woke up to- 'it's time to go'. Well, back then you didn't just crawl out of the bed and head to the bathroom. On this particular urge my walker didn't get me there in time. Not only did I have to change out my clothing, I had to take a sponge bath and do some housekeeping. All on a very painful leg with no one to help me! What, I'm going to wake anyone up and tell them what I just did? I think not! It only takes one of those incidents and to this day if I even 'think' it's time, I'm out of my rack & on my way!!
 
My first couple of days I wore a Depends just in case! I had read the hint about that on here. I really didn't need them, but my mind was eased knowing that part was covered!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom