THR The fun part

Me three! I love her too. She's good, she's got hubs back!
She's gonna take good care of our Bone-obo. :yay:
Two funnies in the same house! You guys must be laughing all the time.
Laughter is the best medicine.

We need to stay focused on hips and recovery, mainly, on BoneSmart.
We're not Facebook but a good laugh is never going to hurt anyone, or their hips. Enjoy!


@Bone-obo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just caught up on the thread. ODIC strikes again!
Been there, done that.........we've all got ...... and worn the Teeshirt!
The ODIC club, a very select club. Not very exclusive, most of us join!
But what makes this place great is that we can all empathise and smile knowingly, because tomorrow WILL be better, and tomorrow someone else will no doubt join our esteemed club! And we'll support and sympathise because we know what it's like.
 
4th week hipaversary, and there will be no party and cake for me - I've been recapitulating my first three weeks of recovery over a long (loooong!) weekend that's still going on. I've been applying to the UDIC, but have just enough to do that I can't quite seem to qualify! I'm not worried or discouraged - this is just a thang. A thang I'll never, every do again. This week.

Actually, I'm motivated to be pretty careful - it's 3 weeks 'til my 7 week parole meeting where I can finally shed these annoying (not the first or second adjective I thought of) restrictions! I've got to be able to walk in without pain, sit down, stand up, and smile, even if I have to fake it!
 
Last edited:
The only restrictions I have from Doc are Don’t cross your legs, (bummer, Me being so lady -like ) and Don’t bend past 90 degrees.
I’m adding . Don’t try to sweep up with a broom. That movement caused me to pivot. Big pain.. I guess Zumba won’t be in my future.
Brain and body disconnect. Body screams Noooo.
Icing for the rest of day.
Happy hip anniversary.
There’s gotta be cake. I love cake
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Took me awhile...... had to really think about it...(did you think I forgot about you?)....here's a little song for you today!
"The Universal" by Blur ~ one of my favorite bands ever...live at Hyde Park is crazy!
Positive Vibes for a great evening and continued healing~
 
Last edited:
@AnnieRose2 - one of the problems with the restrictions is the little gadget in my avatar. It's a big part of my fitness routine and killa fun, but the seat's only about 6" off the ground, so until I can bend past 90 and pivot, I'm a pedestrian. Lots of other stuff on my wish list, too - I wanna start working towards shoelaces instead of elastic, picking things up without a grabber (whoa!), sleeping on my side sans knee spacer, and using a non-elevated potty again. So much bliss to look forward to!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BONE-OBO ~
I have a GREAT song for you today:
"Ali in the Jungle" by The Hours! It's a GOOD one ~ (No dancing required : )
Happy Listening ~ Hope you have an awesome day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you're feeling better as the week progresses @Bone-obo
We're heading for a nasty hot streak here. Not my fave.
I'll go from the AC at home, to the AC in my vehicle, to a place with AC :heehee:
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful day!
 
Thanks, @Layla! Mid to upper 90's thru the weekend here - but since I'm not riding or exercising as much I'm not so aware of it as I usually am. (Actually, this time of year I go to the gym or ride a trainer - I do NOT do well in 90+ weather!!)

My little adventure with relapse seems to be abating - energy is pretty good, and I'm back on my feet sans DS (DemonStick). I've laid out some local walking courses from 1/3 to 1 mile distances that I'm planning to use - carefully! - to start getting a little exercise starting tonight, body willing!
 
I have a little song for you today~
"Recovery" by Frank Turner:idea:.....for some reason....it always take me longer for your song LOL!
Hoped you liked "Ali in the Jungle"....such a powerful fun song ~ great for spinning...running....walking, but def NOT for dancing:loll:
Sending you positive healing vibes....one song at a time : )
 
Last edited:
I don't do well in 90+ weather either. Add high humidity and I'm like > :hairpulling: My hair will look like that too!
Bad hair days....that's what I call them :heehee:

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Energized too...wonderful! Take it slow on the walks.
Maybe do a little icing when you get back. I was an icing fool. Seemed to really help me.

Hope you and wifey have a lovely weekend!
@Bone-obo
 
Honestly, I've got some mild anger issues about my "lost week". I'm still not quite up to where I was over a week ago, and that make me feel ... bad. It's certainly messing with my sense of humor. Mind you, I'm healing - every day's a little better than the last, but compared to last week, it's like crawling out of a pit. Ugh. It feels like I ax murdered my own recovery.

I hate to post this, in a way, because regardless of how frustrated I'm feeling, I've never had a problem with pain (residual soreness and that mishegas with the flu-ishness is the worst of the last week), and I'm still able to work (no shoots this week - whew!). I have a supportive wife, good clients, and a lot to be grateful for.

Does this count as post-op depression or just whining? :bored:
 
Post op depression begets whining!
It really is a wall so many of us hit.
I'm really sorry you feel down and dumpy.
It really will be worth it in the end.
Hope you might be able to get some "outside therapy"...fresh air and some Nature always soothes my soul.
Maybe you can take a quick ride about this evening with wife, just to get out of the house!
This too shall pass..
It's hard to be cheery all the time.
This recovery business gets old.
You're allowed a pity party by now.
Just don't get mired in it!

Sending good Mojo your way!:friends:
 
I'm sorry you're feeling down. You bring so much joy to the forum it's hard to think of you in a funk, dear Bone-obo. It will get better, I know you realize that, but it's hard when you're feeling down to think beyond it sometimes.

Well, your humor is still intact, so no worries there.
Look back at all you did to land you into the ODIC. There was a lot.
Two shoots, 400 miles of driving and 25 hrs in front of a computer. The car rides were killer for me in those early days. I couldn't make it past 30-45 minutes without getting wiggly-jiggly and crabby! I wanted out....NOW! I don't understand how you endured that. On second thought....you didn't.
Even if you LOVE your work, it was a lot.

I think because we instantly lose that horrid but familiar hip pain and feel a sense of relief surgery
is behind us we think we can do things that our body is not ready for. Your body is healing, you just set it back a bit, but it's rallying...it's coming back. Keep treating it well as you continue to recover from this set back.

I can never remember who made this comparison but it stuck with me. If you sustained the same injuries in a car accident would you be pushing it right now? No.
Your body is working just as it should and trying with all its might to heal.
And it is! With lots of TLC and some patience, you'll get there.

We're rooting for you, we're here and we care. Wishing you comfort, happiness and even sending a big ol warm hug. It's going to get better!
@Bone-obo
 
Good morning Bone-Obo ~
I hope you're feelin' better today!
I have a little song for you ~
"Better Things" by the Kinks! "Here's Wishing You the Bluest Sky"....hope this makes you smile...
Thinking of you and sending you positive healing vibes one song at a time : )
 
Just had to jump in with my 2cents worth.... progress looks amazing for a few weeks, you feel so much better than presurgery, you check off those accomplishments that demonstrate your progress ( ditching the walker and/or cane, driving, working or playing..etc.) Then, all of a sudden, you're going nowhere, nothing to check off, you're DONE with this recovery business BUT, it's not DONE with you! I suspect that you, like me, prefer to be in control. (I even have this issue with my PT guy...YOU think you are going to do WHAT with my leg?) And here we are in a slump. Ahhhhhh....but the good news is, it will not last for long. You simply must adjust your expectations and stop looking for BIG accomplishments unless you would like a permanent stool at ODIC!
Take heart, my friend, patience will bring you through this recovery! :cheers:
 
Last edited:
I suspect that you, like me, prefer to be in control. (I even have this issue with my PT guy...YOU think you are going to do WHAT with my leg?)
Take heart, my friend, patience will bring you through this recovery! :cheers:
I think we're ALL control freaks ~ I fired my 1st P-therapist...lol ~ didn't like her and who needs that when recovering right?!?!

@Bone-obo....so happy you're alive....I was gettin' worried... ~ we've ALL missed you and your fabulous humor ~
Big Hugs to both of you~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bone-obo ~ my "Brother from another Mother" ~
Hope you're feeling better this week! I know how those ups and downs go....you're feelin' great than BAM you're out for the count for days ughhhhhh ~

Thinking of you and sending you positive healing vibes today ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom