THR The fun part

Those restrictions will be gone before you know it! I didn't have to deal with them (which is good because I'm not good about following rules), but they sound like a pain! I hope you enjoyed the cooler weather - it's been nice the last couple of days here as well. I hope to not see you at the next ODIC meeting but we'll save you a spot just in case.
 
I hope to not see you at the next ODIC meeting but we'll save you a spot just in case.
I feel so rejected!

But I'm starting to develop more confidence in my new plastic pal - whereas it caught me be surprise early on when there was no advance notice in the moment that I was overdoing, lately it's reacting more predictably. In other words, when I push how long I work out, or walk, I know pretty much immediately when I'm in sight of the ODIC, and I can back off - or push ahead, if I feel like living dangerously.

I'm almost sorry you didn't have restrictions - what's the point of being a rule-breaker when there are no rules? :sad:

How you doin'?
 
Last edited:
Hahaha! Love that Bone-obo humor. Jeckyll and Hyde. Nice way to start the day.
I'm happy to hear you're doing better. Wishing you a Happy Six Week Anniversary a day early
in case I forget. Hope you have a wonderful week!
@Bone-obo
 
You're a hoot.
You need to do stand up! :rotfl:
Thanks for the laughs....good medicine for all that ails us.
 
You need to do stand up!
I tried it, and I'm terrible at it! My wife has a friend who's a professional comic in NY, and I saw the years it took him to perfect his craft - ack! Too much commitment for the likes of me!
 
Have you seen the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon? Very funny show about a woman starting out in comedy - some open mic episodes when she's drunk and mad at her husband that get her in a tad bit of trouble.
 
Happy 6 weeks! Does this mean your restrictions (other than those that cause you to join me in ODIC) have evaporated? What mischief are you planning first - crossing your legs or bending over?:heehee:
 
No, I don't get official clearance until next Monday. :censored:

But that's not stopping me from some "accidental" rule violations. At lunch today, I leaned way forward to talk to my companion - kiss that, 90º rule! At PT yesterday, I had to show I could walk around a traffic cone, so I pivoted on my toes - in your face, pivoting restriction! And last night? Last night I slept on my op leg side - eat it, leg crossing restriction! And tomorrow I might - might! - "forget" to use the potty elevator. Oops!

Sure, one of these days I'll probably wake up to find my dislodged femur crammed up under my armpit, but dang it, I'm so ready to rumble I'm about to burst! :gaah:
 
In general, I've heard they're more unstable at slow speeds, so you may be wise at this point to steer clear!
 
Tuesday was my hipaversary, and I felt a really grand gesture was required. I don't golf, I sold my racquetball equipment years ago, and I still can't legally get on my trike, so darn it, I just decided to walk as far as I could, just to see what I could do. 4 miles later, I was hot, sweaty, and thoroughly satisfied with myself, so I sat down with an iced tea and a smug look, and dared the ODIC to notice what I'd achieved.

They noticed.

Fortunately, dues were low - one day spent icing, elevating, and moving as little as possible - and I'm back on the hunt for other mischief to get into today - carefully, this time. I need to be in tip top shape to make sure I clear my restrictions next Monday, because on my 7th hipaversary, I'm gonna go riding!
 
Great news Bone-obo! As many have said your sense of humor is infectious and brightens my day.

I am curious is your trike a motorcycle trike or bicycle trike? I ask because my greatest fear is not being able to ride the backseat of the motorcycle! Vrrrrmmmm
 
I am curious is your trike a motorcycle trike or bicycle trike?
The only motor is me! My trike looks similar to this guy's (mine is blue and not suspended):

[Bonesmart.org] The fun part


And I'd say your odds of riding that hog are great!

And a minor correction to the story above - my mileage was done in two parts: 2 miles in the afternoon, and 2 miles in the evening. I felt guilty about that!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom