• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[THR] The fun part

tcdc135

Country
United States United States
What a wonderful read! Great to read you are doing so great @Bone-obo! I also ride a trike (ICE) and have a 3 wk old hip, very encouraging! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Mojo333

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:
Happy belated Hipversary!

I'm guessing you will play the perfect murderee...
How many times will you die?:heehee:
I don't run for sport...but I have broken into a sprint several times since my BTHR, out of necessity - to catch someone leaving in their vehicle to return their ID and to get away from a mad snake...
and each time, I was amazed. :dubious:

OP
OP
Bone-obo

Bone-obo

graduate
Country
I also ride a trike (ICE) and have a 3 wk old hip, very encouraging!
You have great taste in trikes - you can't go wrong with ICE. (I ride one myself!) And in Kansas you must have miles and miles of flat, beautiful roads to bomb around on - I'm slightly envious. Keep me posted when you go for your first ride, even if it's just a few feet!

How many times will you die?:heehee:
If I get the part, 8 times. I'll fall from a church steeple, get shot in the head, drown (twice), have a heart attack, drink poison, get stung to death by honeybees, and be decapitated by weightlifting equipment. While singing. Auditions are all next week, and I should know yea or nay by the last week in June - wish me luck!

And I know what you mean about running - it still feels a little weird in the clanky blue bits, but it's getting more natural all the time. Very cool!

In other news, my old friend Flexibility is finally starting to make an appearance. Things that were difficult are getting trivial, while things that were impossible are becoming merely difficult. Still quite a ways to go, but getting there....

And one last thing: I've suggested Bonesmart for friends about to go thru THR/TKR a few times the last year and each time they've nodded politely and done nothing to follow up. What the heck?!? I'd think anybody would want to get their hands on anything they could find to get an idea of what to expect in recovery. Baffled, I am.

tcdc135

Country
@Bone-obo Will let you know! Yes, lots of good areas to ride! I am off work this afternoon and am going to install a set of helping handles, it’s a long ways down there without them! And back up! Tail winds!

Layla

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Thanks for the comedic relief :heehee: We Miss You!
Glad to read you're doing so well. Best of luck you get the part. Let us know when you hear.
A lovely weekend to you!
@Bone-obo

Mojo333

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I'll fall from a church steeple, get shot in the head, drown (twice), have a heart attack, drink poison, get stung to death by honeybees, and be decapitated by weightlifting equipment.
I'm pretty sure all that is against BS rules!:no-fin:
But if you've got nine lives...that leaves you one...so you're good!:tada:
I was going to say...break a leg, but That Is Definitely a:bignono:

SaraK

post-grad
Country
Well, 8 times is just one performance. How many times do you get to do that? So much death could be exhausting!

OP
OP
Bone-obo

Bone-obo

graduate
Country
Counting dress rehearsals, maybe ... 25 x 8, so maybe 200 deaths, plus another 300 or so in rehearsal, so fully half-way to a coward's death. But to paraphrase the old saw, dying is easy; costume changes are hard.

Mojo333

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
And you will be there for it all.

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. Woody Allen

Actually sounds fun!

Top Bottom