THR The fun part

:blush:Oh! I did forget that you directed plays...so okay, you get a pass.

I just have heightened alert - as I want this to go well so you can once and for all be hip pain free.

All sentiments motivated by just the utmost concern.:) :-) (:

I can almost hear "You ain't the boss of me!":dubious:
 
I can almost hear "You ain't the boss of me!":dubious:
But see, you've been there and done that, not just with me, but with generations (in recovery terms) of hipsters that you've followed patiently thru their recoveries. And even though I'm stubborn and self-willed, I also have a tiny little Mojo that sits on my shoulder, whispering "are you sure?" whenever I make a potentially injurious leap forwards. I may get all feisty about it, but I respect it! Thanks, and don't stop!
 
I knew you and I were kindred souls! (Note that SOME people might not see that as a good thing.) I'm glad you were able to see the final performance without any I'll effects today. Just save up some energy for that walk to Missouri in a couple weeks!
 
Good Morning, Bone-obo :wave:
I'm happy to hear you got out. Even happier you're feeling no ill effects. I know I wouldn't have attempted the performance but with your involvement in the entire production, I understand. Glad it was a love fest and you enjoyed. :)
Hope today is a good one!
@Bone-obo
 
Good morning @Bone-obo, Getting to the play was worth all effort expended by the sounds of it!! So glad the ODIC gremlins were merciful!!! Onward!

:santa sleigh:
 
Hi, there @Bone-obo. You came back into my view as I noted this evening that you'd apparently liked a bunch of my postings which was very nice. And hopped back onto your thread to see that--good grief--you've just had a second hip replacement a few days ago. Good grief, I hope you are doing okay--I can't imagine wanting to go to a play within a few days of surgery, but good to know that so far no exhausting ill effects. I guess the good thing (to the extent there can be anything said about a second hip surgery!) is that you know what you're getting into the second time around, and perhaps you aren't as anxious about every little twinge and ache. Glad to read that you're managing pain pretty well (ain't narcotics great for that, although the side effects do suck--glad I had 'em, glad to get off 'em) and here's to pain free hips in 2019!
 
It's not a whisper if you take your fingers out of your ears!:)
Sick burn, MJ! Nice!

Just save up some energy for that walk to Missouri in a couple weeks!
Might be a sprint!

And if I may be so bold, your avatar is grossly incorrect! You're not a pussy cat: you're a tiger! Or the little engine that could! Maybe even the Terminator! My theory is that you're trying to lull us into complacency, and then BAM! ODIC for EVERYONE!

Getting to the play was worth all effort expended by the sounds of it!! So glad the ODIC gremlins were merciful!!! Onward!
They were gracious beyond my wildest dreams! One would almost think they're taunting me....

Hope today is a good one!
Delightful! Went out for lunch, then had a short walk this evening near the local Goodberry's so I could take advantage of their almost-certainly-therapeutic cinnamon chocolate chip. My energy is still good, and it's always a good thing to get out when ya can! As for the ODIC, talk to me tomorrow... but right now I'm thinking maaaaaaaybe not...?

Glad to read that you're managing pain pretty well (ain't narcotics great for that, although the side effects do suck--glad I had 'em, glad to get off 'em) and here's to pain free hips in 2019!
I'll raise a glass to that! Very hopeful about this pass - my OS said that the left hip was so tight it was holding up recovery of ROM on the right, and that it should loosen up nicely from this point on. So, lots to look forward to!

I tried the Ossur Cold Rush tonight, by the way. Kind of a bust. The pad never got terribly cold, and it peed on the carpet. I suspect a clog somewhere, but I'm not gonna mess with it tonight.

Here's hoping I'm not posting with the dawn patrol again.
 
Don't blame the Ossur for your accident!

You're bound and determined to get out so far ahead of me that I can't catch up, aren't you? Just remember that I don't have an inner Mojo and wear earplugs when necessary!
 
@bon-obo, I found with the Ossur ice machine, lightweight clothing were better for icing....no flannel PJ bottoms or heavy blue jeans! I had lighter weight summer PJ's in Sept. This time around (mid-Nov), when I graduated from the first few PJ's days, I would half dress, "civilian" clothing from the waist up, lightweight PJ's or yoga pants on the bottom half and socks!! So attractive:heehee:. I use the machine with really old, threadbare jeans too!! Make sure those hose connections are tight!

Also, I learned here that freezing water bottles instead of adding ice made for fewer accidents! Whatever works!

Hoping you are having a comfortable night, and aren't having to be a night stalker :tiredwheel: .
 
Good morning, @Bone-obo. No raising of glasses in the traditional sense (i.e., with alcoholic beverages) until you're off the drugs. But then, I suspect (assuming you indulge occasionally) that you'll very much enjoy that first glass of wine, beer or a cocktail--I know I sure did. I've heard those ice making machines can work really wonderfully, at least what I've read about on this forum. I will say that I bought four ice packs before surgery and they worked wonderfully for me. They are still sitting in my freezer and I guess I can clear them out now, although as with the walker and toilet riser, they'll be stowed away if (sigh...more probably when) I have to go through a second surgery at some point. Hope you got a reasonable (it's never truly good) night's sleep. I remember those early morning wake-ups, not fun but expected. Still, I was sleeping pretty well almost immediately, a combo of drugs and the relief from OA pain. It's early days yet but you're plugging along nicely--keep up the good work!
 
Good Morning, I hope you're hailing from home today and not the ODIC.
It's nice to read you enjoyed your lunch, walk and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon treat. Ice Cream, I'm assuming?
With any luck you're feeling great and refreshed from your outing.
Hope today is a good one! :SUNsmile:
@Bone-obo
 
You're bound and determined to get out so far ahead of me that I can't catch up, aren't you?
And now you finally understand the genius of my eeeeevil plan! Mwahaha!

Except I really can't dance. I mean, I can, in the sense that it makes my wife laugh, especially when I'm, um, lightly clothed, but that's a whole other thing. (Parents, this might be a good time to put the kids to bed.) No, I like repetitive, endurance exercise - bike a loooong time, or walk for miles. It's like knitting - it completely clears my head. I'm not a racer - competition messes with my zen - but I do like to get out a little farther every time! Hence: ODIC. (I was a member long before I had surgery - I just didn't know what it was called.)

I don't have an inner Mojo and wear earplugs when necessary!
Psssst! She's standing behind you!

I learned here that freezing water bottles instead of adding ice made for fewer accidents!
I've heard that for months and this is the first time I figured out what that means! Duh! Yeah, if I can get the clog/leak/whatever worked out, that's OBVIOUSLY the way to go! Thanks for the reminder!

I suspect (assuming you indulge occasionally) that you'll very much enjoy that first glass of wine, beer or a cocktail--I know I sure did.
I do like a good drink every now and then, although my taste is far from sophisticated. Basically, I like my drinks frozen, and sweet enough to require an insulin booster.

I hope you're hailing from home today and not the ODIC.
Yes, thank you! I'm loving the freedom I have from ditching PT! I can go walk when I want, and most importantly, stop when I want! And who knew lunch could be considered PT? Currently the only after effects I'm feeling from yesterday are courtesy of the single Norco I took last night - it takes about 18 hours to clear that stuff from my system. Blargh.

Ice Cream, I'm assuming?
Frozen custard. There's a Goodberry's in an outdoor shopping center about 5 minutes from here, where the perimeter is almost exactly 1 mile, so we use it for walking laps at night. For the purposes of rehab, I roll down to the end of one block and come back - then I get a sweet icy reward. Yes, I am basically an ancient 12-year-old.
 
@Bone-obo - Funny you should mention Tigers - that's my college mascot! So I really am a Tiger!

Don't tell Mojo, but one of my groups is planning to an afternoon of Full Contact Bubble Soccer at the end of January and I'm (somewhat) considering going.

 
Don't tell Mojo, but one of my groups is planning to an afternoon of Full Contact Bubble Soccer at the end of January and I'm (somewhat) considering going.
Squeeee! You must do this! I mean, bouncing around a week and change out of surgery? What can go wrong?
 
I said late January - I'll be 4 weeks out which, for this, is fairly far into recovery. The doctor did say anything that doesn't take the pain level above a 3 was ok (he doesn't know me!) even after I told him I was dancing 6 days after THR. :angel:
 
@SaraK, my apologies. If there's anyone who deserves a little fun, it's you!

The day: generally good, although my mood was slightly down from yesterday. The incision itches a bit, but not bad - it'll be nice to get the staples pulled. Took a slow day today - my energy was slightly down, so rather than go out, I tooled around the house looking for mischief to get into. Going the three steps down to the kitchen to clean up the kitchen, annoy my wife while she was trying to cook, things like that. I'd love to start transitioning to a cane, but while I can stand on both feet pretty well, my op leg still won't hold my weight steadily enough abandon the walker just yet. So for now I'm refining my walker skills - turning tight corners, getting up and down stairs, things like that. Then napping - blissful napping. That was pretty good, too.
 
4am - they started blasting in the construction zone. Woke up and needed ice, stat! And while it's somewhat uncomfortable, I choose to view this as a Good Thing: this is soreness, not jagged "something just broke" pain, the kind of soreness that tells me my body's hauling away wreckage caught in the surgery, and getting ready to make something new and fabulous. Ooooo!!
 
Ah Memories.
:groan:
If I had done mine one at a time, I might would still be waiting on one.
Actually not, once that horrid pain is gone, one does See the Light.
But first weeks are not fun and we need that down time for healing.

Hope today is a good day!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom