THR The fun part

I guess it's a good thing the wishbone is located so far away from the hip! Have a good Thanksgiving and we'll enjoy hearing your updates next month! Let me know when you plan a trip to ODIC and I'll meet you there!
 
I'm in NC too. Maybe we should start our own club. The Southern Stalwarts.
Good idea! Would this involve seceding from Bonesmart, or is that too on the nose for southerners? We also need to invite @Thesoutherncook, who lives in the mountains near the Georgia border - assuming she'll pop in when she's in our time zone. (She's celebrating her new hips by traveling extensively.)
 
:tada:No seceding ...BoneSmart is very inclusive.:yes:
You get to start the fun part again soon...I guess you are all staying well and excited to be all done for the new year?
How is righty treating you?

Hope your Thanksgiving is sweet, @Bone-obo !
 
Of course @Bone-obo picked the anniversary of the Gettysburg address to talk about seceding!
 
You get to start the fun part again soon...I guess you are all staying well and excited to be all done for the new year?
How is righty treating you?
Righty is pretty darn good, thanks for asking! It's made me aware that before surgery there was always a low buzz of pain - background pain, as it were, and it had an effect on how active I was willing to be and for how long. Suddenly that noise ... vanished, and while I still get the odd twinge if I'm on my feet long enough (over 6 hours, usually), it's nothing like it was, and pales in comparison to Lefty.

ROM, on the other hand, while considerably better, ain't nothing to write home about. But that, I think, takes a great deal longer, so I consider that a work in progress. (In the mean time, what's the opposite of this: :dancy:)

Of course @Bone-obo picked the anniversary of the Gettysburg address to talk about seceding!
Yeah, and after I posted that, I thought to myself: "you glib weasel! you're associating yourself with people you do NOT want to be lumped in with!" Ah well, anything for a joke.

And Sara, please know that even though I'm not posting on your page, I'm following your recovery, and I'm rooting for you every step of the way! :flwrysmile:
 
(In the mean time, what's the opposite of this: :dancy:)

Maybe:bored:
But having both hips good and pelvis lined up correctly will be what you need to work on that...specifically well after healing!
I can do this now:chuckmarch:
Well...not that fast...but it's all going to be good!
Stay healthy!:)
 
Wow @Bone-obo I feel like I've missed a lot! :wow: Congratulations on getting your new surgery date for your other hip. It's coming up pretty quickly. Wishing you all the best on your surgery and as speedy a recovery as possible. You will be a new man in the New year. I will check in and see how you are doing. Will you be starting a new thread? If you are, I hope I can find it so I can follow your recovery. :praying: :yes:
 
Hey @Bone-obo , I just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck for Thanksgiving 2.0, and I hope all goes festively smooth, with no Black Friday. I think you were the first person to reply on my recovery thread after I posted about my RTHR, and you really perked me up. I always really enjoyed your humour.

That turkey ref was so Steven King-esque. Ewwww. Luckily, we dont do thanksgiving ( or turkey) here in the @#$&hole countries. Anyway, I think you got Carrie ‘d away. Lol

My left hip is also starting to aspire to being consigned to medical waste status, but I am just too chicken [emoji239] to go through the fowl experience of the harvest just yet, but I’m pretty sure I will be joining the doubles club in the not too distant future.

Strength to you. May the op be a success, and your recovery painless and uneventful.
 
Will you be starting a new thread? If you are, I hope I can find it so I can follow your recovery.
I don't think that's, um, encouraged, what with the old "one thread to a customer" thang 'round these parts. But I'll bet if I'm really really nice about it, the local gods will permit a thread renaming at the appropriate time...?

And I've been thinking about you, you dog-walking maven you! My wife Nancy has an esophageal booboo at the moment that makes exercise in a horizontalish position somewhat uncomfortable, so we've been building up our walking mileage instead, and I remembered you tromping all over the countryside with your brood, both human and canine. I trust you're back to your 4 mile jaunts...?

I think you got Carrie ‘d away.
Oooo, nice one! Wish I'd said that!

Strength to you. May the op be a success, and your recovery painless and uneventful.
Thanks!! I'm ... looking forward to it ...? It'll be nice to be bilaterally symmetrical again. In the mean time, I'm distracting myself by directing a play that opens the weekend before The Big Slice.
 
You never cease to entertain. :heehee:
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and your weekend is all you want it to be.
Wishing you comfort as you wait out these last couple of weeks.
@Bone-obo
 
I don't think that's, um, encouraged, what with the old "one thread to a customer" thang 'round these parts. But I'll bet if I'm really really nice about it, the local gods will permit a thread renaming at the appropriate time...?

And I've been thinking about you, you dog-walking maven you! My wife Nancy has an esophageal booboo at the moment that makes exercise in a horizontalish position somewhat uncomfortable, so we've been building up our walking mileage instead, and I remembered you tromping all over the countryside with your brood, both human and canine. I trust you're back to your 4 mile jaunts...?

Oh, I thought it was one thread per joint. :heehee: I guess I'll keep my eyes open then. As far as the dog-walking goes, unfortunately, that's still sort of a no-go. I mean, I can do short walks, but then I'm down for the count for a while. I'm anxious to get back to it though, for sure. Glad to hear that you've been doing all the walking for me. :snork:
 
Oh my stars...Two:xmark: Bone-obo threads.
I do hope you stay well...and before long...New Double Hippy in the House!:chuckmarch:
 
I'm starting to plan my visits to the ODIC - can I count on you dropping by occasionally? These surgeons need to get together and realize they can't tell some people "activities as tolerated." I mean, how will I know whether something will be tolerated unless I try it? I've tried to channel my inner Mojo, but found I just don't have one!
 
Last edited:
One week until it's Lefty's turn for a make-over.
I hope you're ready. It's going to be a mellow Christmas for you but what a great gift to yourself.
Just think how good you'll be feeling by Spring. :happydance:
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@Bone-obo
 
Thanks, @Layla! I always try to schedule as much as I can before surgery so I don't think about it too much (egads! sharp pointy objects stabbing at my delicate, tender flesh!!), so I'm staying absorbed in other stuff at the mo', and not really "ready" at all. The strategy is to do absolutely nothing about it until Sunday at the earliest, and then find a way to make the prep last as long as possible - up until time to go the hospital if possible. As for Christmas, "mellow" is exactly the flavor we prefer!

And vis a vis Spring: I already have a long bike tour scheduled for April. It's gonna be glorious.

And thanks for asking! As always, you're a love! :roseshwr:
 
Hi @Bone-obo, I've been thinking about you as you approach bilaterally symmetry again! I have to tell you, your idea of bundling up every part of your body except the op hip and sitting outside has merit :heehee: Despite my hubby's best efforts with an amazing heat-up in the fire place insert, with room temps hovering around 74 F, it is still :censored: cold when icing post op hips (I still ice first surgery hip once a day at least) and related swelling in November/December:ice: . The first two weeks were the coldest, but it seems to get warmer all the time....either that or I'm acclimatizing!

Wishing you the best leading up to second surgery next week! On the 12th I'll be sitting on a cushion in a restaurant with DH and celebrating 31 excellent years together :loveshwr:. Hoping you will be well topped up with pain meds and ice:) :-) (:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom