Guest viewing is limited

THR The fun part

Look at you...putting on your own socks...
Add that to the list of things you never thought you would hear anyone say after your mother said it when you were two...:loll:
Hope your Sunday is bright and cheery.
I expect you have good weather.
:SUNsmile:
 
I recall you mentioning in your pre-op thread about seeing if your surgeon would give you your "old bad hip" as a keepsake. Did he honor your request or did you have to smuggle it out of the OR? Curious mind need to know!
 
Look at you...putting on your own socks...
Add that to the list of things you never thought you would hear anyone say after your mother said it when you were two...:loll:
I know! I spent $31,486, and all I got was this lousy sock.

Sunday was glorious, by the way - I'm doing more hill work on the trike, and the temptation to overdo is gargantuan! So I always try to ride with my wife, who has a much better idea of when enough is enough, and even though it takes more weeks to build up my endurance, the outcome is more miles and less pain. That's what I tell myself, anyway. I really want to do a metric NOW, dangit!

@SwampHiker - No! Arghh grrrr poop! I was so nervous on the first hip that I completely forgot to ask! I've got two things on my wish list for the next hip: the bony souvenir, and a video of its removal.

Cute kidlet in your avatar, by the way!
 
Hey ol bud,
Wouldn't you think by now these types of procedures should have to be videotaped?
Feels like too much protection for the medical profession and not enough for the patient.
I guess if someone's doing something to me while I'm unconscious, I'd like the option to view it afterward, if I chose to.
I'm running now....See Layla Run. I don't want Jo coming after me. :heehee: Although she probably has a perfectly good logical explanation for why they don't do this, right?

Fingers crossed you get your video, or bony souvenir. I hope you have a nice week!
@Bone-obo
 
@Bone-obo I asked my surgeon if I could keep mine, he said it has to go to pathology.... He did promise lots of pictures though. Just trying to figure out a way to sneak it out of the OR with me. I'm not getting any sedation so I'll be sharp as a tack to snag it, however if caught my legs will be far too numb to run for the getaway car with it :rotfl:

Thank you, no more carting that munchkin around like that anymore

I hope you get awesome souvenirs from your next surgery!
 
Wouldn't you think by now these types of procedures should have to be videotaped?
Feels like too much protection for the medical profession and not enough for the patient.
Hmmm. I think you may onto something here.... Maybe videotaping should be one of the requirements to choosing a physician - if you're not confident enough to have your work recorded, why should I have confidence you'll do a good job?

See Layla Run. I don't want Jo coming after me.
You go, Layla! That's awesome! (And Jo is something to be mortally afeared of.)

I asked my surgeon if I could keep mine, he said it has to go to pathology
Ugh. Those guys again. They'll probably just grind it up and use it to fertilize their geraniums.
 
@Bone-obo I have asked my surgeon to take a picture of my femur head at #2 surgery before it is disposed of!

Yup, we have three beasties. One old and retired, one young and raring to go, and one little rescue...really cute but quite a hooligan! They are responsible for my biceps...as in mucking out you know what daily!

Here is a view from onboard my retired boy (from an injury), back in 2015......taken in Feb.
[Bonesmart.org] The fun part
 
Ok, I see we're talking about the femur head, I WANTED MINE TOO! But then actually I was too freaked to ask, what if he said yes? I would have most probably fainted, I don't faint, but I would have. Maybe with lefty I will ask.

Speaking of lefties :yikes: I see you're getting the other one done? I need to go back in the thread and read about that, since my stupid lefty is giving me a hard time.
I just wanted to say a quick hello, I'll need to come back and read more.
In the mean time keep it up.
I have been running around, pitching ideas, working in marketing and trying to find a place to show my stuff, not much shooting, but it's coming.
Talk soon

:curtsey:
 
Oh wow! I am all caught up now, I think :) I am so happy you are going for it!
I feel that I want to go for it now, I know it's getting to be cartilage free zone there too, haha.
I guess in my case, most anybody will recommend to wait, oh the horror! Anyway, we will see.

I am sending you positive vibes from here to December and eternity!
Gotta run now
pie!
 
Hi @Bone-obo :wave:
I hope all is well. We haven't heard from you in awhile.
Wondering if you're still on schedule for December 12th?
Less than a month to go until double hippy status.
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Yep...happy turkey day friend.
 
Happy T-Day to you guys, too! Yep, I'm getting into prep mode for Part Deux: The ReHippening. The fall zipped past while I beavered away at my computer, my trike unridden, and my walking shoes cooling in my closet. Now those deadlines are past, and I've got a new one: 12/12. Slightly less than a month to get whipped into shape, ready for carving. I'll have new sympathy for the turkey this Thursday.
 
Missed your humor!
Yep, dislocating that turkey leg will forever be cringe worthy, lol.
Hope your weekend is good. Stay in touch....we'll be here.
@Bone-obo
 
12/12 sounds fortuitous @Bone-obo! Countdown time approaches! You will love double hippiedom.

I'm just nervous that after the turkey limb dislocation at thanksgiving you might be tempted to slice in there and examine his femoral head condition....(given the childhood tooth story and all) Leading one to speculate if in fact our own thighs, with their newly implanted hips, might also be...dark meat? Sorry for the dark humor! But so happy you're going to be joining the double hippy club soon! Enjoy that drumstick on Thursday!! :rotfl:
 
Last one and done, friend!
Guessing lefty has been treating you well.
Your new hip will be a great help to getting both straightened out and flying right.
You know we will be cheering you on for number two!:yes:
 
@Bone-obo
Another December dingleberry here. I'll be about a week after you, but it's my first THR.
I'm enjoying reading your posts and will follow your 2nd recovery journey as I begin my own!
I'm in NC too. Maybe we should start our own club. The Southern Stalwarts.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom