THR The fun part

You can have my share of the boiled peanuts, too! PLEASE - trying them once was enough. If you send Dad on the train to STL, I'll meet him at the station! Maybe he can claim little Mojo as a companion dog to travel along with him (my cats would love that).
 
I love me some boiled peanuts...deal!
How about you Bone-one?
Little Mojo does freak out on bad weather but he's not allowed to go out of state!
 
Hmm. The site didn't alert me ya'll had been partying around here with me. No biggie - yesterday was storm prep day anyhoo. We're currently just beyond the outer reach of the storm - Flo's tippy tip fingertips are tickling the southern part of our county, but not us - yet. Wind gusts spin up to a relatively exciting 35-40 mph - so far only enough to clear out the smaller branches and clumps of leaves - but we've got lights, hot tea, and internet. Flo seems to have learned humility. She's also learned to like Wilmington, so much that she's ambling thru downtown like a tourist. This could take a while....

Georgia Savannah Sweets pralines
I had a box of Savannah pralines one time when we stayed downtown - they were legendary! The best!! My mouth still has yet to forgive me for not going back for more.

I love me some boiled peanuts
Color me agnostic. If you're the hostess at a party and you serve me some, I'll eat them with mock enthusiasm and say "yum yum!" However, if they're in the same store as pralines, well....
 
Last edited:
Hope you are safe and dry...some terrible flooding at the coast with those tide surges...afraid won't know the extent for days.
Thankfully we are getting "the best" of the storm.
Still 93 degrees but with a 15 mph wind...
It will make business pickups a breeze (unintended pun)
Built in AC....sweat...wind blows...:yes!:
 
Yep - New Bern really got the worst of it, worse even than places on the Outer Banks like Rodanthe. The water's coming down now, but the damage is horrendous, especially in communities that can least afford it. For us, Flo was just an inconvenience - no power outages, no trees down, and no leaks.

Glad you guys were on the south side of this monster - although sorry you didn't get the cooling part of the breezes.
 
Good to hear you're safe in your area @Bone-obo
Seeing pics of Wilmington on the news this morning really brings home the destruction that's possible.
And loss of life. So very sad.
I guess It's an opportunity to count our blessings.
Hope your day is a good one. Here's some sunshine :SUNsmile:
 
So glad you .And your family are ok! This is definitely not a storm to take lightly. So sad to see what's happened in some areas, but glad you and @Mojo333 aren't dealing with the worst of it.
 
Stopping by to see how you're doing @Bone-obo
I hope all is going well with work and your recovery. I'm sure life is keeping you busy.
Just noticed, it will be 4 months for you already in a week. Time is flying, the holidays will be here in a blink!
Hope you have a nice weekend :)
 
I'm almost too embarrassed to post anymore. There's such a dramatic difference in my hip that there's no drama in my life, or at least none worth talking about. Granted, there's still ROM that I'd love to have back - internal rotation of New Good Hip is still pretty limited, so I can't cross my legs, for example - but the rest has gotten so routine I just don't think about it. Even New Bad Hip has been fairly well behaved - if I push hard enough I can just about get to the doorway of the ODIC on that side, but it's not as sudden or as limited as Old Bad Hip was before its redemption, so it really hasn't been hard. I know I'm still healing - I can see differences in ROM over time, but the time frame is in weeks rather than days, and it'll probably be in months rather than weeks before long. See? No drama.

The other thing I'm finding is that I'm funnier when I'm hurting. Comedy is pain, and right now, I just ain't got any! Maybe I can work something up in a few months, as I get closer to Son of Surgery in December. (If my OS will just call and schedule it! Sheesh!)
 
We will be here to help your ride through the second @Bone-obo! I've just begun mine on a bumpy road. Seems I forgot we were supposed to take pain medication the next day!! Body let me know very clearly what an oversight that was... Second hip, as they say, IS different from the first! But I had the advantage of seeing the old lady femoral head in her close up. Surgeon narrated a video showing all angles of her, wow was that informative and gory. She had one side full of craters and bone spurs he said was what crushed the ROM. She had a flat side that should've been curved, globular, and at the "crown" she was like an ivory statue. He tapped it with a metal tool and it rang out like a granite countertop. This was where the bone grinded on the bone. At the bottom he showed what it should have been like, the soft spongey cartilage. There had been no cartilage at the crown in a lonnng time it seemed. Poor right hip. She was worn ragged. It's very good to see the imagery 3-D because you know just how much wear and tear the head took and why it was so .....painful!

Keep listening to the forgotten hip and if it cries out to you, in any language, know it might be saying.... Replace me!! Im finished on this gig! I was too late on both surgeries and too dumb on taking oxy this time around. Lessons learned!
 
@1stSurgery: from the thrill ride you described of last month, it's been clear that Cruella DeHip has been cruisin' for trouble since forever, and congrats on getting her removed and featured in what's sure to be next month's YouTube trend. Compared to that, New Bad Hip is demurely sedate: he goes along with whatever I want for the most part without complaint, only raising the mildest of fusses when his limits are reached. If anything, he's crying out, "I'm still good for another 5-10 years, so don't replace me!!"

But he lies!! He's a demon seed: all apparent sweetness and cooperation, while behind the scenes he's beating up my knee, picking on it and forcing it to accommodate for his evil, bony ways. That's why he has to go: he's giving my knee arthritis. New Bad Hip is the rotten apple in my barrel of joints. (No, I have no shame when it comes to mixed metaphors, thank you very much.)

re: second surgery - I'll take your advice to heart! I completely understand how you would have forgotten how much pain you were in the first week - it passes so fast!! All the best to baby WünderHippe - I know she's gonna be a true and loyal friend once you get past teething!
 
Oh my stars..:umm:
We shall know when you are all good when you quit being funny?
Don't believe it!
Hope you get date soon!
Meanwhile, hang in there.
Ice on new one...heat on bad one?
 
@Bone-obo - My head is spinning reading your thread - Old New Hip, New Good Hip, New Bad Hip - it's a good thing I'm not on painkillers or I might have trouble following Who's on First (or would the effects of painkillers be beneficial in sorting all of this out?)! Seriously, I'm glad your first hip is doing so well! I'm not sure who's been keeping the lights on at the ODIC Club if you haven't been stepping in. I haven't been by for a while since I've been too constrained in my activities to qualify (and am jealous of those who can overdo at the moment!). The closest I've come is walking 3 miles a day on the treadmill for 3 days last week to see if it would help anything show up on the MRI. Apparently, while it made my psoas hate me that night and the next day, it didn't cause anything to light up in the MRI. Oh, bother!

Keep on being boring (except with your very entertaining posts)!
 
This has nothing to do with hips, but I have a feeling @Bone-obo won't mind - boiled peanuts?! Why is that a thing that exists? What's wrong with regular peanuts? The only things that should be boiled are pasta and the occasional egg (and bratwurst but even then only in a beer / onion / pepper combo before grilling).
 
Danke @Bone-obo for the wishes for the newborn baby hippy "Concorde". Much appreciated! We have lovely frameable photos of the twins now, ready for mounting on the piano ...and she is already starting to coo and gurgle. (Or maybe I'm just hungry?) Anyways, once I remembered that one is supposed to take pain meds on day one after surgery, all went well. That oversight may have been one of the all time stupidest ones of my life! 10 pm, sobbing in the middle of the bedroom, stalled Walker halfway to the bathroom, unable to move from pain... Totally having forgotten that I'd gone 12 hrs on day one sans meds! A very blonde moment indeed. Do not try this at home. Oxy timetable by bedside is my new friend. Keep your ears out for the moan of that other hip and respond when and IF he calls out. Hopefully he won't for many years!
 
@SaraK - sorry to wind up head RPM's! I shouldn't use "Old Bad Hip" anymore anyway, since OBH -> surgery -> "New Good Hip". "Old Bad Hip" is an obsolete term and should be deprecated. (Stupid OBH! Stupid stupid stupid!)

I've been peeking in on the newcomers, and I think the young'uns are carrying on the traditional Way of Doing Overmuch just fine. Good thing Josephine, Layla and Mojo are around to set 'em straight - many's the overzealous hipazoid that's been called out to the woodshed for a quiet chat and a quick beating. Just like us, back in the olden days, 3 months ago.

I am so incredibly sorry about your psoas! What is up with that thing?!?? Dunno if this is helpful at all, but my wife did something mysterious and awful to her shoulder, which hurt in the 5-8 range last week, so she got a cortisone shot yesterday right in the tenderest spot - the trigger spot, according to my doctor. Kenalog was the drug, I think. Whatever you do, stay away from the stair well!

@JoeKnows - I know! But I’ve actually tried em, and they suck a lot less than I thought they would. Kind of like a peanut flavored mashed potato I seem to remember. Not enough for to try them again, mind you. Better than grits, though. Never did get the knack of those. (Let the Grit Wars Commence!)

@1stSurgery - “Concorde?” Awwwww! And is little baby Concorde gonna take mommy supersonic one day? So kawaii!

Good note about pain relief on the next one - that’s absolutely something I’d forget and I’m sorry it happened to you, even if your telling delightfully illustrates what I said about comedy = pain! And the writing is on the wall for New Bad Hip. Mere lack of intense pain will not save him, bwahahahahahaha.
 
Happy to read you're doing well @Bone-obo
Your humor seems unaffected by losing pain.
Still the same hilarious Bone-obo we know and love.
I hope you have a great rest of the week. :)
 
:hi: @Bone-obo
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well. Wishing you a lovely weekend! :yes:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom