Guest viewing is limited

THR The fun part

You're never boring! Sure was nice to hear from you.
Life gets busy, we move forward, that's what it's all about.
But....we're not giving you your graduation diploma yet.
We're withholding.....want you to stick around awhile.
Hope the end to your week is great and Sister Act a big success.
Have fun at the opening Friday evening!
@Bone-obo
 
Wisteria has tried and succeeded at times in taking over my yard...
Tough stuff, like us.
Smells heavenly when it blooms and looks like cascades of grapes spilling out of the Camilla bushes in spring.
Hope tomorrow night goes well for dear wife!
And hope you have a good weekend!
 
Hi there Friend.
How about am update.
Been doing any riding yet?
Just no this:bicycle2:
Your trike is way cooler!

Hope all is well with you!
 
Great news.
I imagine riding is very therapeutic for your soul...
:wave:Glad you are getting out.
Three months is getting better, but there is more improvement to come! Keep the faith, Boneobo:friends:
 
Suddenly I know what my new hip is good for: yard work! Hours and hours of yard work, just muckin' around in the filth and the dirt, yanking wisteria and occasionally wondering exactly how many leaves was on that plant I just ripped out of the ground. Prior to surgery, this would have been a 45 minute job, max. Now: endless hours of fun! Wheee!

Wait. It just occurred to me I can't play the "sore hip" card anymore....

Think it's too late to have it put back in?

Also, time on the trike is coming up nicely. Just waiting for some free time coinciding with lovely, rideable weather. (I'm a weather weenie, at least in regards to heat.)

Now to see if I've found my way back into the ODIC. Better not - got a shoot tomorrow, and no one likes a hobbled camera guy.
 
No they don't! Especially your hovering friends on the forum.

You have a month or so to still use the hip card, and I'm sure your wife would agree!

Hope all goes well tomorrow and that your weekend is sweet...
 
Hi :wave:
I hope you find time on your bike fulfilling after all the yard work.
Enjoy your shoot, your bike and the weekend!
Stay safe.
@Bone-obo
 
Hi :wave:
Noticed you're coming up on three months in just two days!
I hope you're where you want to be and happy with your progress.
Wishing you a wonderful week :)
@Bone-obo
 
Ain't you the sweetie? Yep, the old "short term recovery" hipaversary is just around the corner, coincident with our 40-something marriage anniversary. (Hey, she can't do math either, so I'm not that insensitive.) I'm getting back into cycling in a meaningful way - the days are still too hot and we're kinda busy, so we've gone vampire and claimed the nights. After my wife gets back from rehearsals (yep, she's directing another one), we saddle up and head out - it's glorious! Cool temps, clear weather, a full moon, and zero traffic - at 11 pm the city streets belong to us (mostly), and woe betide the unhappy car who dares cross our path! Because we'll get out of the way, that's what! Our jaunts are short so far (4-6 miles), but it's hilly enough to get the heart rate perking along nicely if we spin it up. I'll tackle longer trips in a week or two, when I start to get my legs back.

I've still got a small patch of muscle in the op leg that's sloooowly coming back online - my own personal micro log leg, pocket-sized for my convenience. I can still motor up hills just fine, including moderately steep ones, but it slightly affects the stability of my leg on the pedal, which may be why I had trouble with the demon ITB a few weeks ago.

As for ROM, not much in the way of gains in the last month, but it's still waaaaay better than it was. There'll probably be some additional gains after the 2nd replacement in December - New Bad Hip isn't as obstreperous as Old Bad Hip in terms of pain, but it's a marvel of bone spurs that restrict my mobility in strange and wondrous ways. (My biggest concern with New Bad Hip is the wear and tear on my knee, especially when cycling.) I'll be back as an expectant surgery-seeker in a month or so - no date set yet.

And hullo to all the new hip-boys and hip-girls, whose journey has just begun! Good times ahead, fellas!
 
Forty something? years...
Give that woman a medal.
Seriously, great that you still spend good times together...and it's a very rare commitment that isn't seem much anymore!
Glad you are getting back to life...you should've doubled up, @Bone-obo . Your sense of humor and determination would've seen you through.
Hope It behaves until you get a date!
 
Hope It behaves until you get a date!
See, that's why I got married in the first place so I wouldn't have to get a date.

Oh, you meant....

We've got this anniversary ritual we go through every August 28th. When I proposed to her, her brother had just gone thru a nasty divorce and she was skittish about the whole thing. So I suggested that every year on our anniversary, we'd each have an out to call it quits, no harm no foul, everybody divvy up the goodies as agreeably as possible and head for the exit. The result has been that every August we go through this ritual sucking-up to each other, just to make sure nobody opts out. (We always say we'll be awful to each other August 29 when it's too late to do anything about it, but somehow that never happens. Maybe this year.)

And yeah, she deserves a medal.
 
I love that. Think we will have to adopt that here! A mere 32 years so babies compared to you. Mini log leg is interesting. Hope that resolves itself!
 
When I proposed to her, her brother had just gone thru a nasty divorce and she was skittish about the whole thing. So I suggested that every year on our anniversary, we'd each have an out to call it quits, no harm no foul, everybody divvy up the goodies as agreeably as possible and head for the exit.

We do this ... and have been for 50 years now! :loveshwr::roseshwr::happydance::dancy::friends: (and don't I wish I could do all that hopping and jumping!!! And he deserves a medal too. :yes!:

 
@SurreyGirl: Mini Log's been with me since the surgery, so we're old buds - he's a real bro. He knows all the good lines from Caddyshack better than I do, and strangely, while he won't admit it, he's a closet Bronie. He loves sitting most of all. Just ... sitting. That's our bone of contention. So recently we've started parting ways more and more, drifting apart like old friends sometimes do, and I don't notice his whining when I exercise quite as much as before. Sometimes we just outgrow old acquaintances. He was a bad influence anyway. (His influence lingers, however. Sometimes I feel the impulse to rename my computer Twilight Sparkle....)

@Izabel: Wow! You guys are the first ones I've run across with the same ritual! So cool! By the way, was your TKR related to your car accident? I know injuries can frequently lead to arthritis.
 
@Izabel: Wow! You guys are the first ones I've run across with the same ritual! So cool! By the way, was your TKR related to your car accident? I know injuries can frequently lead to arthritis.

Hi @Bone-doo ... almost gave up at 9 years, but we changed countries (US to UK) and decided to continue ... and here we are still asking the same question 41 years later. Sometimes a marriage is something that also takes perseverance and patience and you take the good with the bad. :good-bad:

No, accident was not the cause. Involved in it on the way to hospital pre-ops for Hip Revision needed due to fall up a step at home wherein prothesis slipped. TKR due to patella sublux from fall but turned out to have necrosis due to Osteoporosis. Seeing Surgeon on 17 September and hopefully be given Revision date but taking bone strengthening medication in the meantime. I am just a lucky gal ... NOT! :blackcloud:
 
Sometimes a marriage is something that also takes perseverance and patience and you take the good with the bad.
Truer words and all that!

And sorry about your health issues! It's so sucky to have constant health problems - your attitude about it tells me you're a strong person at heart!
 
Happy 40th (something) Anniversary!
A wonderful accomplishment these days. You should be proud. I'm sure you're thankful.
Here's to 40+ more :cheers: Lofty goal @ 65 yrs of age, lol. Shoot for 35 :heehee:
Hope you have something special planned. Enjoy!!
@Bone-obo
 
You should be proud. I'm sure you're thankful.
Does besotted count? No offense meant to all the wonderful women here, but I'm afraid I married the bestest, smartest, most creative, loveliest lady on the planet, and possibly the solar system, not counting the Oort Cloud. (Could have done better around another star... maybe.)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom