THR The fun part

No offense taken. You're a charm.
All women should be so lucky to have their hubs feel that way after 40 yrs of togetherness.
You're a keeper, Mr. Bone-obo!
Cheers to you two :cheers:
 
this is such an entertaining thread :) I have such a hard time following what everybody is writing, I am yet to develop a working system.

In any case, Happy Anniversary dear @Bone-obo

All the best to you
 
Happy anniversary, @Bone-obo - after 40 years, I think you are allowed to forget how many years you've been married! I wish you many more happy years together! I love that the two of you enjoy working together and playing together. Please take that saint out for a nice evening as soon as she is able to take a break. In fact, maybe you should start dangling plans for a nice trip in September every year so that she doesn't opt out on August 28.
 
you should start dangling plans for a nice trip in September every year so that she doesn't opt out on August 28.
Ah, but see, that's the beauty of the plan: by September I've got her, and I don't have to be nice again for another 11 months! Bwahahahaha!

I have such a hard time following what everybody is writing, I am yet to develop a working system
Tell me about it! I tend to work my way down from the top of what's been updated most recently, but sometimes there's so much catching up to do!!

And while we're talking about messages, can I dish? The rating system. I like it in principle, but it needs to come with instructions! For example: "like" and "friendly" are very close! I tend to vote "like" if something good has happened, and "friendly" if the message is supportive. BUT if a message already has 2 "likes", sometimes I'll click "friendly" just to add complexity to the response - kind of like in Pixar's In and Out. "Agree" can be if someone says something I agree with, BUT sometimes it's ambiguous and I have to click "like" - or I can add "agree", again, to add nuance. "Friendly" is the catchall - no advice was given, but darn it, what a nice thing to say! (Although that could also be a "like". Or possibly an "agree".)

"Funny" is pretty straight-forward, although it could also be a judgement call regarding the writer's sanity. I prefer to think that's rare.

Then we get to the weirdo ones: "informative" and "useful". Generally, I save my "informative's" for Josephine and the admins, sprinkled with a few admiring "useful's". Tech hints, information on how to use the site, things like that are both informative AND useful - but I also "like" the post, sometimes I "agree" with it, and also I have to consider the motive behind the post, which is usually "friendly." A coin toss is insufficient, and I have to get out the dice.

Finally, "creative": I frequently forget that one's there, and I miss opportunities to use it. For example, when Eve posted a couple of her pictures, or when TheSouthernCook posted one of her drawings. Certainly many of 1stSurgery's writings qualify - but I keep clicking "like" instead!

How do you guys decide on ratings?
 
For me -
Like = touching, supportive, compassionate, useful advice or information, good news, made a connection.
Friendly = nice, basic pleasantries, or well wishes.
Funny = makes me laugh to a degree more than a chuckle.
Informative = pretty much reserved for Josephine's pearls of wisdom.
Useful = The majority may find the info useful.
Creative = I never use it.
Agree = I agree with something in the post. Figure out what it may be :heehee:
 
Last edited:
Awwwww @Bone-obo - that was so touching (as well as friendly and funny and informative.... And useful, creative, likable and ... so easy to Agree with!) -- what you said about your dear wife of 40-something years!
:roseshwr:

I hope you read that post to her!!

I'm only one half of the way (20 yrs) and have found that the more I chill about ..well, everything... the better things are in the marriage! Which holds true in just about every facet of life of course... but why does it take six decades to learn this?! Drama has its place, but it's really best kept on the stage. We humans are forever making small irritations into earth shattering crises and adding exclamation points to simple inconveniences. So now I no longer sweat the small stuff, or the middle sized stuff....or even the large ...or extra large. I just don't sweat! So that took about 20 yrs to figure out, can't wait to see what 40-some years will teach me!

And I love the annual opt out clause idea! Years ago, after noting that so many relationships didn't make it past that 7 yr scratch-post mark, I thought it might be a practical idea to introduce 7 yr marriage contracts, with an option to renew or extend at the term end. Like a lease contract....sort of. But like your Aug 28 clause, I thought it might encourage better behavior from both parties as the term end date approached and put a long-term marriage on a kind of 7 yr "refresh" cycle to keep things from falling apart or partners from drifting away. My idea did not take off however! :)

Now I must stop typing before I'm carted away for the most off topic post ever. But wait! I can save this and make this about hips, I know I can... You see, when you're married for many many decades, you not only age together...finish each other's sentences and even start to look like each other (or is that the dog??) ... You are metaphysically ... JOINED AT THE HIPS!! :egypdance:
And as such, your femoral heads merge into one big shared joint custody acetabulum. This is true marriage.
 
:heehee: Rating system analysis..you really have Too Much Time on your Hands:whistle:
I did notice when I first came in the site that there were a few missing.
Disagree
Dislike
What??

Shows the creators really knew how to keep dissension to a minimum.
Probably a good thing !
 
your femoral heads merge into one big shared joint custody acetabulum.
Aha! We just thought we needed a new mattress!

By the way, the 1 year renewal pact has a down side. This morning I brought my wife her coffee in bed and she said blearily, "you're still be nice to me. What's wrong?" I replied, "habit."

Oh noes!!

Incidentally, it occurs to me that Oort Cloud is probably the name of the worst bar on Tantooine.

Shows the creators really knew how to keep dissension to a minimum.
But I kinda also miss one for
Sympathy
 
Yes, but there should be a rating for a hug - allows you to give a hug without a separate posting.

@Bone-obo - congrats - it sounds like she didn't hit the opt-out button! Did you give her lots of these? :flwrysmile::loveshwr::roseshwr:
 
You mean a hug like this playful one I'm giving you :friends:while poking you in the cheek,
then getting swatted for it? :loll:
@SaraK
 
Oh my! He even gives good gifts.
Sounds like he's a keeper @SaraK :yes:


We need to find a space for BoneSmart Trivia
What did Boneobo get his wife for their 40+ wedding anniversary?
What does SaraK love to do on weekends?
Where does Mojo work?
What is Josephines favorite paragraph in the Recovery Article?
Which FA lost her position for nonsense?
 
Last edited:
:hugzz: this is the hug..

Weird and reminds me alot of a tick or louse.:nah:
I don't use it.
 
Hey....you just passed the three month mark.
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and had a nice holiday weekend.
Wishing you a great week!
@Bone-obo
 
Most kind, as always, Layla! Yep - did a full-on workout at the gym, attacked the Debris Monster that sprawls in our basement, and spent a couple of days helping a friend move, things that would have been impossible before, and the only nod to ODIC is a little bit of soreness in the New Good Hip - not even enough to ice. Today I'm planning to exercise my option not to exercise, and I suspect I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Three months. Wow. Seems like another lifetime.
 
Hope today is a good day, friend!:SUNsmile:
 
@Bone-obo

It does seem like another lifetime. I was thinking that last week.
Good to hear your updates. I paid a visit to the ODIC a couple weeks ago and since then I have mainly been careful. But it def feels good to feel "normal" again.

Need to take your que and start working out too! I do 10 min on the waterrower, that's currently my workout.

Wish you a good weekend
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom