THR The fun part

"Grown up" - not an easy concept for some of us!
 
Hey @Bone-obo - she didn't say it quite this way but I think @Layla expects me to preside over a ODIC meeting Sunday. let me know if your interested in joining me in a cup of rue (or if you've fallen off the barstool since we last heard from you). :rotfl:
 
Ok, @Bone-obo - I think your timeout is over! We haven't heard your wit on here in at least a week - don't go getting too drunk on that rue or making us worry that you have gone too wild out there without us (the least you can do is take me with you!) At least give us a :thumb: to let us know you're alive or a :yes!: if you're just having too much fun to talk to us!
 
Hey Bone-obo
Where are you? Been missing you and your quick wit on the forum.
Stop by and let us know how you're doing when you have time.
I hope all is well and each day better than the last.
We miss you!
@Bone-obo
 
Yea, what's up?
We worry for you!
Hope it's because you are feeling much better...or you have a shoot?
 
Hey there @Bone-obo I hope all is well and you are just busy living your life. Was just thinking I haven't seen any posts or comments from you in a while. We are all missing your wonderful humorous view on life as a hippie. :wave: Hope to hear from you soon. :flwrysmile:
 
Yeah, what she said....
We're coming after you soon. :biking::biking::biking::biking::biking::biking::biking::biking:
 
Well, gee willikers, fellas, if I'd a-known ya'll were throwing a party on my blog I'd a-joined in earlier! (And do we call our threads "blogs"? "Journals"? "Stories"? And does the punctuation mark go inside or outside the quotes? Burning questions all.)

Sorry if there was concern for my health! Actually, it's quite the reverse - I've been working, helping with my wife's play (she opens Sister Act Friday - champagne bottles and legs will be broken), trying in vain to fight back the wisteria that constantly threatens to overtake my lawn, and generally doing "stuff". No dragons were slain, barbarian hoards beaten back, or anything crazy interesting. Still not much cycling - the ITB issue persists, so I'm working on strengthening the legs (and my pathetically weak upper half) with body weight exercises and the odd and lackadaisical breeze-thru at the gym. (No one's gonna mistake me for a gym rat.)

The hip? Nothing to report, really. I still don't have a lot of ROM going, but I've never been what you'd call "pliable" (in any sense of the word) so it's no big deal - relative to what I had, I've gained a lot. I've already checked off a few items on the wish list, in a sense - I can put on one sock, and tie one shoe like a big boy. (The non-op hip remains recalcitrant.) Bending over is easier, but papers dropped on the floor remain elusive. Healing is clearly still underway - mild (really mild!!) soreness that comes and goes to remind me I once had vandals hacking away inside me. Standing, my old enemy, is still a bit of an issue, mostly because of the non-op leg. One would think I should do something about that soon!

I need to spend some time here catching up on what's happening with you people. All the members and seniors and post-grads, so many stories to catch up on!
 
I say "thread" and I say "inside" quotation marks only because it looks neater and feels more contained to me, lol.
Age old question and there is protocol through my understanding but Me Don't Care! :tantrum2:

Most importantly, SO HAPPY you're back. Sorry the ITB issue is still plaguing you but you sound great otherwise. At not even three months post op a lot of the ROM improvements are still coming.
I'd suddenly realize one day I was doing something I tried previously and failed at. Lovely little surprises along the journey.

How fun and exciting for you both that your wife is in the play. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
Enjoy the rest of the week and the play. Please don't be a stranger. You've been missed!
@Bone-obo
 
Last edited:
Glad to see you back on the board, @Bone-obo ! We all get busy with life sometimes, but you concerned me because of the timing of going missing (just after you'd been a naughty boy). I'm glad all is well and that you're getting back to normal life (absent that vengeful second hip). We do miss you and your humor when you're gone, though! Repeat after me - "break a leg" is just an expression and is directed at the actor, not the off-stage talent or audience. Breaking a leg is not good. That is in the wilderness out beyond ODIC territory - even I have never ventured that far. :heehee:
 
you're wife's in the play.
Oh, if only! She's the director, which means early to rehearsal and up 'til 2am every night working on notes. There's way too much drama in drama.

That is in the wilderness out beyond ODIC territory
I kinda got religion about ODIC, for now at least. After months of excess, I've become careful about pushing my bounds, which is possible why I post so little: I've become boring!
 
:wave:@Bone-obo
I was slightly concerned about your noticeable absence (you have been missed!) But should have known that you were busy being less busy and good on you for that.
So sorry the other hip is causing you distress...
I hope all goes well with the play and hope you know that at not quite three months...things will continue to get stronger.
You can work on that later...
Four months out ... my biggest :yes!: moments
Glad you popped in. Take care.:ok:
 
Glad to hear you are busy living life @Bone-obo Thanks for checking in, we've missed you. I get why you haven't posted much. I'm not posting as much either, since it seems there's really nothing new, or pressing to talk about. :shrug: You are a little over a month ahead of me in your recovery, and I aspire to be able to do some of the things that you are out there doing. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom