PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all - after my busy day yesterday, I slept like a rock! If not for a moany Mastiff looking to be fed, I've no doubt I'd still be asleep :mcoffee: No consequences other than being sleepy - was a bit worried as we did a lot in PT yesterday but it's all good.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
 
Great that you're not sore today. Hope you're having a great weekend. Cool and rainy here....
 
Hi Karen - busy weekend and the weather cannot decide what it wants to do! It is inching toward spring though so I'm content. Knee is holding up pretty well from all the activity but I'm really noticing just how little stamina I still have. I return to work in 3 weeks - on one hand that's still a long way off but from where I am today it's hard to see how I'll make it through the day. Do you suppose my OS will write in a return to work nap time requirement? :heehee:

I am not a fan of the time adjustment - need to rally and go get showered and dressed for brunch with some girl friends - shopping from there - finishing off with the first pedicure since the surgery! I've been going to this spa for eons so I'm comfortable telling them they need to be careful but am looking forward to a new color for my toes! Tomorrow is my first yoga class back...clearly I need cute toes!
 
Hi Teresa,
Sounds like you have a fun day planned!
I return to work one week from tomorrow and now I'm trying to get all those little projects done that I had planned to do while off.....
This week will fly by just like the week before surgery!
I have PT twice this week, then I think I'll call it quits. I can't imagine going to work the day after PT because I wake up in such pain.
I'm working with a different therapist who pushes beyond discomfort (ie pain). My ROM has increased, so I'll suffer through it two more times and then buh-bye!
I'm going to try riding my bike today, and if it goes OK, I'll start riding every day like I did before surgery.
Enjoy your day!
Karen
 
LOL - how funny, I just asked you this on your own thread! I hear you on the PT - if I'm at a decent ROM by the time I return to work then I'll stop formal PT also. I have high hopes about the hot yoga room really helping me increase ROM...will find out soon enough.
 
I hear you on the stamina, Teresa. It continually surprises me how tired I can get after simple days. This seems to take more time than anything else.
 
I hope my stamina comes back sooner rather than later as I have to be back to work after 6 weeks. I plan on eating a very protein rich diet to help facilitate that. Well, it's time to go offline and prep for the hospital in two hours. I can't believe how much my nerves have settled in within the last 12 hours. I am glad my stomach is empty :)
 
6 weeks - wow, feels pretty great! Just finished my first yoga class - so excited to be back into it, knee did fantastic :loveshwr: There are only 3 poses that I am not ready for yet and frankly, by the time they came around, I really needed the break so it works out perfectly. As my stamina gets better I will come up with some alternates until I'm ready to complete those. I even managed Camel (a kneeling pose) with the help of a mouse-pad...not a real one, my husband bought it for me, it is actually about the size of a mouse pad but 1 inch think foam for yogi's with bad knees.

Thinking of you Brenda - see you on this side very soon!!!
 
Great that you can kneel. I have tried a few times, the last on the rug. The first few were on a pillow , no problem. The time that wasn't good was when I knelt on the rug because the next day I was swollen. I guess I won't do it just yet.
 
Congratulations on the yoga!!! That must feel like a huge victory!

I think the general is finally warring off as I am extremely alert so that makes me happy!!

Catheter is coming out at 6am so this girl will have to get up. I stood up late yesterday afternoon and took 4 Side steps but the block was still working and it's starting to wear off so today will be interesting.

Pain is controlled so fa so we shall see how that goes in a couple of hours:)

Time for a nap as I have a big day coming up. P


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Fantastic Tetesa...that is a huge NORMAL. Good on you. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
You are doing so well @Blendab1 - awesome, may it long continue!

Thanks Maggie - it really does feel normal...until after, anyway, when the mac truck comes to run me over and lay me flat for a bit :) No knee pain at all though and that is fantastic. I'm eating as much protein as a body builder so that and rest are really all I can do to push that wall out just a wee bit further every day.

Hi janmont - definitely not worth doing if it causes swelling...that hasn't happened for me. I am using a foam pad under the knee with no plans to remove it any time soon!
 
Forgot to put up a 6 week candid shot :-)
[Bonesmart.org] TexasTee finally has a new knee!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your scar is pretty much invisible!! Looking great!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom