PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meds are working like a charm - after just one day it's already looking much better! I switched to norco yesterday and while I did need to take a tramadol for break thru pain - it worked and that is all that matters.

The sun came out long enough for me to get my walk in and I felt well enough to do 15 minutes on the bike as well as my PT exercises...really feel so much better - 5 weeks really does seem to be a turning point.

Hope everyone is doing well!
 
Ouch! I hope this infection clears up real soon for you and that the new MEDS work better for you.

I'm at the OS now so I can sign my permission paperwork and finalize all the details. I'm praying I can get something for the pain now as no Advil for two weeks is killing me!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so glad to hear that things are improving already. Walking, PT AND cycling? Don't join ODIC, five weeks is still a very baby knee xxxx
 
No worries Lyn - all of it fit into an hour so I just call it an hour of PT and no harm :)

Brenda - sorry the lack of advil is, well, a pain! You are in the home stretch!!

Thanks Maggie - Celle and Supersnapper - infection is feeling fine and much less red. Hopeful I get the green flag for yoga on Friday!
 
Hoping the redness goes away quickly with the antibiotics and you can get back to the things you desire.
 
Knee is looking almost normal again and thankfully, so far, the "side effects" have passed me by. Knock wood that will continue! Sunny but freezing in Austin today - probably too much of a chicken to walk outside :snow dig:
will have to ride the bike a bit longer and maybe do one of my yoga videos to occupy my day.

This is the worst part of the whole deal, for me, anyway. I feel nearly normal and want to do everything I normally do...but I'm not recovered yet and know it so I'm trying to use my head. I think I'll go try to find something needlessly complicated to cook, that ought to keep me safely entertained :)
 
Great hearing that the antibiotics are working and no nasty side effects too! I would gladly take your cold weather, we were just hit with another 12 inches of snow that was only suppose to be 2-inches. I am so done with this winter!
 
Long day away but knee is doing just fine. Had PT from 10 -11:30 - ROM is 0/112. Chose to stay on that side of town since I had my follow up appointment for the infection at 1:30 - went to a gourmet grocery and had lunch then just perused the interesting aisles - couldn't buy much since I still had my appointment but I found some interesting flavors of quest bars and of the protein powder that I use so that was fun. Appointment was great and quick - infection is clearing up just fine and the blood work came back fine! :egypdance:

Came home, took an epic nap then went for a walk. My fitbit FINALLY registered my walk as "active". Normal is right around the corner!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom