Guest viewing is limited

THR Teacat has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Teacat has arrived!
Teacat, what a super update. I am so happy that you have your life back and are glad that you had the surgery. Your success story will be an encouraging for other "hippies" who are having their doubts. TIME & PATIENCE usually take care of everything---but it's so hard for folks who haven't reached the end of recovery to realize that without some real life examples.


Take care, give those boys a hug, and keep us updated. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Teacat has arrived!
 
Teacat Thanks for the great update. And congratulations! You're doing so well. It does sound like you have your life back. You're putting in a full day every day with those adorable boys, and that's just what you need to be doing right now - that is your life. I'm so happy for you. And it gives me some inspiration and hope that I'll get to where you are with a little more time and patience.
Keep on doing what you're doing- you're a great Mom! :)
 
4.5 month update
Hi Bonesmartie friends! Just thought I would give an update. Feeling great and moving upwards. We took a little 4 day family vacation to St. Augustine, FL this past week. Walked for about 3-4 hours each day at various museums, including the Castillo de San Marco. I did take a little spill in the hotel lobby. Yep, scared the xxxx out of me! It was early morning and I was half awake. Decided to go down to get a little breakfast and the front of my shoe caught the edge of the floor tile that was slightly raised more than the others and down I went. It seemed to all happen in slow motion. I put my hands out in front of me to brace myself and all I could think about was 'do not fall on your left hip' and I was able to turn and took it on the right. No harm done, just very embarrassed! I went back up to the room and burst into tears because I was so freaked out and kept thinking of all the 'what ifs'.
Feeling great and getting stronger. Can now carry my 6 month old upstairs without using the hand rail. I still get a little stiff from sitting too long but it's so good to be able to move around. I'm looking forward to school starting back so I can get in to a gym routine. There are some times during the day when I 'forget' about my hip. Still not able to sit cross-legged on the floor comfortably, hopefully soon. Looking forward to doing Disney with my kids, hopefully this fall!
 
Great update Teacat... Well done you :)

Yes, that first stumble, trip or fall certainly scares all of us, I remember when I got my Croc caught in the leg of a stool in the bathroom and over stretched and just caught myself on the doorway.. I did exactly the same as you, burst into tears and thought about the 'what ifs'.. When I calmed down I thought 'oh well, I could fall and break my native hip' so I stopped worrying after that. These THR's are strong!

So pleased you had a lovely break and looking forward to another holiday in the fall.

Enjoy getting back into your gym routine :)
 
Your update is Great. The first fall does scare you but you do recover and realize its part of life and you move on. Remember to still not over due it. I know when you find that you can do things be careful and not overduo like I did. Great to hear you are going back to school. I have decided if all goes well next winter I will go back to college and get back in my cermics. Take care. Tashia
 
Teacat Congratulations on your great recovery. I sympathize with your reaction to the fall. I am a klutz, so I asked the physician's assistant what will happen when (not if) I fall. She said dislocations from tripping are rare if you are active and the muscles have healed and are well-developed. She also said that in my OS's practice they see the most dislocations from skiing accidents and rough oceans-in both cases your knee can go in while your foot goes out, and you can't control it. I found that helpful. Don't know if this is accurate for all hip surgery practices, or if my surgeon has an extraordinarily active group of patients, but I found it reassuring.
Hope you get to Disney this fall, and have a great time.
 
Teacat great update! I especially like that you can carry the baby upstairs without holding on. Very glad that little tumble didn't have repercussions! I'll bet it was hot in St Augustine, I was there as a kid once and like to died! But I do remember the Castillo being kind of interesting. Less than a month till school'
s in, and then, gym, here you come! :)
 
Nice one Teacat great recovery...I know the sitting down stiffness and the strange crossed leg feelings :)
 
Teacat Great report from you and the vacation sounds great.Its a shame that you took a tumble but luckily no harm done.its wonderful that you can carry your little one upstairs and that you forget about the hip at times. Well done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom