THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Hey, Tashia!!! How wonderful to hear from you! Enjoy those good drugs and keep the pain at bay!!! Rest and recovery will come. No need to hurry now. You're on the GOOD side of surgery!
 
Hi @tashia so glad to hear from you!
Hope your walking goes well tomorrow. Keep up your good work in recovery.
Yay! You are the bionic woman!
 
Hi Tashia! So good to hear from you! Hey, I took your advice and got some new shoes to wear post op. But you know the drill, for the next few days we get to spend time resting and healing our fabulous new hips. I am so amazed that the bone on bone pain is gone. To think, all that inflammation has been removed from our bodies. When I think of this it makes me feel so healthy. I am so grateful to Bonesmart for being here so that we can swap stories and learn from each other. Hang in there my friend. Take it easy. Thinking of you.
 
A wonderful day today. The drugs aare doing great so little pain. I am starting to walk so this is also good. Every step is a success and that is so important. Still very tired but that is expected. Well the section on pre=surgrey is now to be clossed and moved to recover. The kids want their party this week. the little on is still having lots of nerves moments so they want him to take a easy before the big day. Now haveing a match pair of hips and knees are so great. They are woking along very well. My oldest knee is the old one now and is taying to get all to rest becasue exercise will happen early tomorrow. Hope thay sleep well. Just found out that the alarms on my bed to notify then I was out of bed did not work. Boy a good think I knee not to get up without help. I do need to blow some stem out and that is the FOOD IS TERRIABLE. I do know this is yelling but a hambuger I would pay a lot for it. The tast is off ithat makes it even more horrible. A bowl of cereral would taste so good no I mean great. I am so hungrey. MY pain is very good right now. The food is horrible, or I mentioned that didn't I? A dogunts wouls be so good right now. Even a apple. a glass of water. :heehee::rotfl::loll::console2::sleep::yawn::flwrysmile: Enjoy the evening and a all food you can find. Even a tacco. Tashia
 
Okay, Tashia.....I'm sending you a virtual cheeseburger with a donut bun and a side of tacos with apple cereal.

Seriously.....ask your nurse to bring you some cereal, jello, pudding or applesauce. They almost always have those things on the floor. Ask what else might be available for them to bring you like ice cream or sherbet. You should NOT be hungry!!!! Maybe even a peanut butter sandwich......you need to eat!
 
Oh I know, My stomach is calming down so that is helpful. I did find your hamburger a liffle flat. I will pay someone right not. So I am sighning off. Tashia
 
Glad to see you back @tashia and with your last new piece in situ!! Sorry about the food in there...hope you manage to get something vaguely edible. Keep up with the meds...hope they keep the pain at bay.. You are amazing...!! Lots of love Chrissie xxxx
 
Hey munchkin friend @tashia - Do we need to send a food parcel? - love ya xx
 
Tasha, sorry you are hungry but thanks for a very funny post:-) hope you've had some decent grub by now ;-)
 
No tornados, just rain and heavy winds. Going to Waffle House this AM. hope they feed you!
 
Good morning Tashia! Gotta love the fact that you can have a whopper virtual cheeseburger with fries and milk shake and they are all calorie free! I am sure that you have done your exercises by now and are feeling wonderful about your new hip. It is sore for sure, but that deep grinding bone on bone, never goes away pain, is history! Now we have to pace ourselves and make sure not to overdo. The concept of good nutrition has totally escaped most Americans these days, including the healing institutions. I was offered crackers and orange juice for lunch when I got out of surgery. LOL. ( Let me think about this...I just went through a major surgery to remove inflammation and now you are dosing me with sugar? OH MY ) With my husband's help I was able to snag a salad that someone didn't eat off the food cart. Hopefully you can find an ally in your quest for decent food. Sending you lots of positive vibrations for a wonderful day!
 
To tell you the truth I have a a horrible. I started the day seeing all my breakfast the second time. It was pretty. All my med were in in.
So much for that. Now for the food. I remembered I didn't see any cats in the alley here. Thats not a good sign. My Bloodpresser is awful high for me. Its scarry. Now that I have had a shower. Felt so good and now my roommate will stoped facing the other side of the room; :heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee: I need to get my blood pressure down. I really don't like the staff here either. I really don't know what to do but take a minute at a time and pray that it will get better. Welll I am going to sign of and play some games and try to forget the whole mess. Take care and right now I would rather be here than in the East with all the snow. What a mess.
 
Hi @tashia, so glad to see you are on this side now. Hope you are feeling better and getting stronger each day. Take your time, no rush here. Main thing is it's over. What's with the B/P? You have to relax and think good thoughts. The staff need to behave themselves.. Don't they know you are a bonesmartie and are a prow at this? Hope you are getting the food you would like.. somehow. Glad you have a taste for something. I had no appetite at all post op. You are in the best place West coast warm. We missed the snow storm that was supposed to hit us yesterday. It slammed into southern New Jersey.Hopefully after Thursday's showers, that will be the last of it. Take good care of yourself. Glad to see you are on the other side now Yeah!! :happydance::yay::dancy:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my! Do you normally take medication for your blood pressure? You may have to call your doctor and get it increased. You are doing well to distract yourself from and ignore things which you cannot change. Keep focused on your new shoes and being homeward bound. Praying for you.
 
Hi @tashia When my son was a teenager and in traction in local hospital one of the nurses who had just finished her shift took orders, went to local fast food outlet (the one with the big yellow arches!) and brought everyone back a meal! You sound as if you need someone like that to bring in something tasty.
Praying for you.
Anne
 
Call out for pizza, just like Ellen :heehee:.
Hope you are feeling better and can go home soon!
 
Back
Top Bottom