THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Hi @dogwheels...doing fine thank you with hip...some days still better than others..but steady progress....had a bit of a scare on Saturday as my optician thought I had a detached retina...sent me to A & E who sent me to a specialist on Sunday! Says PVD...posterior vitreous detachment..,so not too bad...phew..had me worried there! I've been catching up with your progress too...seems you have turned a corner and getting along ...it's six/ seven weeks since your TKR...how us it for you? My sis doing quite well....still some pain, etc....love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny, I love the pictures. I just got cleared for the new hip, so its a go! My blood pressure is down and the EKG was excellent. So now we sit and wait. My knees are hurting today. I don't know if a storm is moving in or not but the are sure sore. I also went out for dinner so in all a very good day. Now the pictures end a perfect day. Thank you so much. Tashia
 
Tonight all the kids are down for the night and warm. A storm is coming and I couldn't see going out in the cold and rain. It hasn't started yet but I don't want to get into it. My hip is waiting for its new brother with some moments of being nerves. Its a couple years old so its all better. It does get tender if I walk too much or too much house work. We all are waiting for the big day. Everyone do take care through out the world. fires and heat in Down Under, floods in England and Europe and snow. In the midwest and the East snow, snow, and more snow. We are having some sun and will get in the 60s this week. My flowers are doing great and the hummingbirds are seeing them everyday for breakfast. Take care and do be careful. Tashia
 
Our drought has broken in my part of the world, it has rained for two days...
 
@Poppet, I am so happy for you. We still are in trouble I think, We did get some rain tonight but we shall see. I was really sore Friday because of the rain coming it. I will be so glad when this hip is fixed so I can be in my last recovery. Do take care with all that rain. I bet your garden is happy, nothing like Mother Nature water, Its the best. Take care. LLTTF. Tashia
 
Sorry you are in pain @ Tashia .....the damp does affect all those joints even if the garden appreciates it! We are still having torrential rain and terrible storms...don't think it will ever end....we have been lucky...only lost some fencing and roof tiles ...so many others flooded out..it's bad!! Not long now until your new baby!!! Thinking of you...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@tashia dear friend... I have baby mushrooms popping up all over the lawn from spores that have come from the veggie garden.. If I had garden lights it would look like a fairy land and would you believe the pansies are still flowering! Hubby went hunter gathering this morning and picked heaps of tomatoes, fresh basil and baby eggplants and cooked it all up with onions and garlic... Yesterday I picked a yellow squash that was enough for the two of us and I have baby pumpkins and two green melons! Seems the raised garden beds have been a very successful trial... just had to share, LLTTF xxx
 
Tonight I went back and read my hip in recovery. Wow what a journey. Ups and downs and ups and downs, etc, etc, etc, I remember writing about the pain, the horrible pain. Well the fact that I need two hip replacements and two knee replacements. Pain was horrible. Then the feeling of feeling tired. No wonder I was so tired. I remember after my hubband died I felt like I could sleep for weeks with I did and felt so much better. Then the cancer and and the messs. I haven't had a break since. As I get ready for this upcoming surgiery I know I am already so much better. I am not so tired that I can't think about it all the time. I am tired but not so bad I could sleep a year. Since 2006 Cancer, 2010 only four later a knee replacement, The next year hand surgrey and hip, And fixing up my house because of the pipe break. No wonder I was sooo tired. Now in 2014 a hip surgrey for the left and then I will be finished. I mean finished. All surgry done, Cancer free, Living in a apartments so my life is so much easier. So much has happened but now its is what it is. I have the apartment almost all done. My sewing room is unblieable to say the least. My fabric are all sorted and in the right place. My patterns are all in file and all I have to do is go to the file and there they are. Wow. I had a Thanksgiving that I loved for the first time in years with kittens to play with. I have a car that drives so great and has wonderful gas milliage. I have also lost weight and feeling great. Yes I have aches and pain still in the stomach which I do like but I believe it will get better when the hip is done. Yes I am in pain and waiting for a hip replacemeant but never in the pain I had before a replacement. I am so greatful of coming this far and know I still have more to go but its in sight. I also very greatful for the friends that I have made here. I really feel that I have friends in so many countries the true world is so small. I have some big plans that will come true but first things first I need the hip done. I know things aren't perfect but they are soo much better than when I came here. Things could be better but I truly accept what is today. I was able to drive today and sit out in the sun for a hour. It felt so good to breath the fresh air and know that all is well. After the surgrey which is next Tuesday is over I will be able to know that its over. I can truly in time get a dog and be able to walk it without the bone on bone pain. Life is great. I believe that if you don't have good health you don't have anything. I also belive that everyone needs friends that will listen and also laugh when you need too. I have both so WOW it's good to be alive. I hope everyone is ok with the weather the way it is. I will try to get all the sun I can so that you know its still there. Hee, Hee, Stay safe and know that all the hills will be climbed and all will turn out the way they are surpose to. Believe it., Tashia
 
@tashia. A lovely uplifting post honey. Will be glad for you that your surgeries will be over and you can slowly get back to doing the things you love. You have a true grasp of what matters in life.... As you say life isn't perfect but to be aware what is good in your life is such a positive thing. You have so many people here who really care about you.... Because you are a truly giving person.... Wishing you a great surgery and a fantastic recovery dear tashia ..... You deserve it after all you've been through...I will be waiting for your first posts post op.... With love and hugs to you...... Chrissie xxxx
 
comin up @tashia . can't wait to see you over here on this last 'leg' of your journey. it IS good to be alive!
 
Soon you will be just posting here in the recovery section dearest @tashia because no more surgery for my favorite friend xxxx
 
@Poppet I sure hope so, I am so tired of hurting. I have to admitt I am having a ruffer time waiting for the surgrey. I can't believe all the tears that have come forth. Well I can't stop them so I might as well let them roll. LLTTF Tashia
 
@tashia . I hope the preparations for your big day are going smoothly. what a long, hard road you've been on. waiting to hear good news. devorah
 
I just relized that I will have to change my title here on this post. MM I going have to think about it. My right hip is in recover so now the left is going to get its chance finally. Well it has a day to go so its nerves time. Will be so glad when it over and the last recover will finally start. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Back
Top Bottom