THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

@tashia Just checking in on you my friend. Keep fighting the fight for getting that pain under control. We are all rooting for you!
 
Fingers crossed our good friend Tash, may go home next week.... :)
 
Tashia,
Stopping by your thread to say Hi, and hope you are doing well.
When will you be able to go home?
 
@Poppet,
Just got off the phone with Tashia, she is excited to go home on Sunday. Everything is arranged.
She will bring us up to date on her recovery next week.
 
Welcome Home!:happydance:
You know the routine, wishing you an uneventful recovery from here on!
:cheers: (root beers)
 
I just relized that on my picture I have only one hip, I need two. Its so good to have them all done. I am now in recover and my last one. I don't think I have yet realized that this is it. My surgrey was so normal. As usually my surgan did a wonderful job and so I had no problems. I did find I had lots of pain and that my left knee locked. Don't know what that was all about. But the knee is still swelling and having to deal with some pain. My right hip has gone to normal. If I didn't know it was replaced I wouldn't of known I wasn't born with it. My left is start to have monent of little pain. When I got home I was able to take a less of a pain pills so I do hope that it continues. I still am on morphine so I still have lots of drugs to do and get rid of but being able to move around is so much better. My hospital stay was great but my rehab was terraiable. The food was so bad that I ended up eating just sandwitches for meals. Wasn't good or cool but you do have to survive. When I asked for pain pills they wouldn't get them on time. There were times I had to wait for over a hour and half. This isn't good at all so its so good to be home. I now have food, medation on time, exercise when its time and all is well. I did think from time to time that it was a shame that I had to wait the last time to have so many things go wrong. But the good news is I am getting so much better. I forgot I had the walker and took acouple of steps without the walker so I will be trying the cane pobily this weeek. I also need to be careful with my medication but I am sure I will be cutting down soon to some degree. What went right was the surgrey. Thank God. So if something did have to go wrong it was good that it was the food. Not good was the pain pills but now home and taking care of it and doing so much better. The kids had forgotten what they had to do to get their brother. They are still sore and now are settleing down but still not feeling good enough to have a naming party yet. They will want to wait for while until everyone is better. Well thats all from me for now. Doing great now that I am home. Take care Tashia
 
@tashia I'll tag @Jamie for you so you can get your second hip icon. A full set now! :happydance:Glad you are home and getting the rest, meds and food your body needs for recovery. Take care!
 
Sounds like you are doing really well. May it continue! Enjoy being home

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Tashia, so sorry I didn't think to change your icons!!! You most certainly deserve that second "H" that you now have. Congratulations!!!
 
@tashia I'm so glad you're home now and away from that horrible food! Now you can relax and start to heal. I also wanted to say thanks for all the times you've encouraged me along my journey to new hips. You're in my thoughts and prayers for healing. Hurry up and get better so you can adopt that doggie that is waiting out there for you (i'm sure the perfect one is waiting out there just for you)!

Peace and love to you,

Milli
 
Glad all is going well now that you are at home Tashia and you are able to enjoy some proper food and meds on time....nowhere like home! You forgot your walker already?? That's just great! Take it easy....you know just how it's done! Love Chrissie xxx
 
Hi @tashia, my friend, Think I am having sympathy pain for you, my hip has been hurting on and off for the apst few days. How are you doing? I hope you are feeling healthy and stronger everyday. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Thank goodness you are home and can monitor your own pain medication. (That is awful waiting over an hour and a half for pain med to be brought to you... ) If you get a survey and even if you don't, from the hospital make certain you let them know how you were treated even if you don't get a survey. Totally unacceptable. :tantrum:
Continue to do well and feel better.
 
Since I have been home all is well. My pain level has been ok but last night I sleep over 8 hours and all the pain medication wore off and boy did I hurt. But was able to get it back under control so this is good. Really sleepy as usually. I see the my doctor today and get the results of the tests that they took. I have been having some trouble with some of my minerals which is normal for me. I had the PT and he gave me a lecture of what I can and can't do and was very interesting. Then he left. I don't remember having much to do with the hip I had done before so it didn't surprise me. The knee is the one with lots of exercises. I realize as I am writing this that it seems like normal and same as before. I guess its the same o, same o for me. This is the 4th time for a joint replacement and it seems really boring for me. I get up take medication, eat, then rest, Then exercise and rest. Walk then rest making sure I have snacks in the meantime. The kids are starting to calm down. The new one is really doing great. He really had some ruff days and the other kids did help him a lot. All the kids did not like the surgrey at all. They were sore and stiff and didn't want to do the exericses at all at the hospital. Lots of temper problems but now better. The right side is doing so good. The hip has complety calm down and so has most of the right knee. The left side is the sore one. The knee did lock of me after the surgrey and now I do have stiff and sore problems. However I am getting lots of bending so its doing ok. My hip is healing so good. The doctor used glue to close personally I don't like the glue but I sure wouldn't want stables in the hip so I 'm fine with it. I am now walking more and keeping under pain control. Next week it will be a month. Doesn't seem possible but dates can't lie. I would rate this around a 10 for success. Pain but not so bad that you would cry. This is the best one because I have no more pain on pain on any joints. Finally free from that one. And just trying to heal one instead of two or three. All ready taking less pain medication so this is so great. Well I am going to sign off and read some posts then back to sleep. Everyone do take care and do be careful with the weather being as it is. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia So happy for you that you are all done!
And glad your kids are acting nicer now.
Continue to take it easy and heal on up. Hip hip hooray!
 
MajorHeidi, how are you? Thought about you while I was in the hospital and wondering if you are ok. I do see your stay was good. I am now eating which I need to do. I got weighted today and found that I lost 20 lbs in the hospital. Not good at all. Now I am eating ok but the stomach has trouble eating much but will be taking care of that. I eat small meals so feelling ok. Got a little upset over the amont but can't do anything but now eat. The weather is great. We are surpose to get some rain next week. Sure hope so. Are you using the cane yet? I am really close to using one. I will wait until I am at least a month out. Take care and remember go slow. Take care. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom