THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Well my joints have enformed that they want names. Now remeber I need four. We are a family of young joints so the names must be easy to remember. My left hip is hurting today and I am waiting for the pain medication to kick in. I have just next month and I will be over. I do have moments of fear, then I calm down and remind myself I have been here before. I need to eat better and get some weights down. But I am waiting for my Christmas present to come. @Poppet, I now realise I must get someone to take care of my plants. I will be gone for about three weeks with rehab. It will be cold but hope rain. I will have to think about this. Didn't have to think about this before. I am thinking of getting the raised toilet thing today because bending down that far is hurting. Since I can't remember the last hip I am anixour to get going. 49 days and counting. LLTTF Tashia
 
Hey Tashia Great idea to name your new joints. What about: John, Paul, George & Ringo (The Fab Four, of course)? Do let us know what you decide. Could send you some wet stuff from over here for your plants...it's been so,so wet...the sea is rampaging, trying to get to sleep with the waves crashing on the shoreline is difficult. Hope you get someone to look after your plants...we have good neighbours who water ours when we go on holidays...could a neighbour do yours? Sorry you have fearful days....only natural even though you know what to expect....it's our minds laying tricks on us...hope you find some rest from it.
I have bought my raised toilet seats and going yo keep them for good...so much more comfy...hubby doesn't like them much but as I say...one day you might be grateful for them!! Only 49 days....hope it goes quickly sweetheart....thinking of you. Chrissie xxxx




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I know the raised toliet can be great but I keep forgetting to get one. Will be so glad when its over. @Hoppy Nanny, Thank you for all the names, the hips, and knees are going to think about it. It might be when the new one comes so he gets some say. :heehee: It was a beautiful warm day today and I got to go out for dinner and a ride. I love to go places that why all this has been so hard on me. One less day to go. YES. Tashia
 
@tashia Like @Hoppy Nanny I wish we could send you some of our water - it is raining again, the wind is howling but at least we are not flooded, unlike a lot of people here in the SE of England. And no power outages.... should I whisper that? Just in case!
Love the idea of naming your joints but are they girls or boys? We don't want them to object to their names!:heehee: My husband used to get our boys' names muddled so we just used to call them 1, 2 and 3 when they were little - it is even worse now with grandchildren as well! The oldest has started fining Grandad 20 pence every time he gets his name wrong, a millionaire in the making.
Won't be long now until you get your set complete, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Anne:friends:
 
Nannyannie, I am so glad you are ok. Isn't this weather something. Its so dangeours and people trying to walk on hips and knees replacements. Not Good. We are having wonderful weather but we do need the rain really bad. Glad I can walk without worrying about black ice. Take care and do stay safe. How is your hip doing? Tashia
 
@Nannyannie I'm with your hubby...I call both my girls each other's names...as for the four grand kids, they have to take pot luck...dementia I'm sure!! Or, as the doctor says each time I go with another pain..." It's age-related, my dear". Arrgghhhh!!
And rain.....I'm thinking of building an Ark.....getting two of everything together...just in case!!! We are flooding everywhere....keep dry...cheers Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
HoppyNanny, Please stay dry. I know this weather is so trying and so many people don't know how to handle it. I have to be honest I am not missing all the snow, had enough when I was a kid. Now I like no snow country. Not saying that I don't like to drive to it and then drive home and sleep tight. My joints are doing better today so this is good. Take care and do be careful, Tashia
 
Today was day that the hips at least were ok. The hip that has been done is getting tender, I think that its trying to help out and in turn its sore. I did some new shoes so I am set. My thigh is starting to hurt again. I will be so glad when I am in recover and no parts need to be replaced. Take care and do remember when its over no more bone on bone. YES< YES Tashia
 
Today is a rainey day, Thank Goodness. My joints are so much better now that the rain has come. My knees are still a little swollen but thats not bad. The new medication is working. It will get better as my body adjusts. My hip that is going to be replaced is going very quickly. I am having trouble putting cloths on that don't irate it. I don't remember my other hip doing that. Oh well got to work with it. Everyone do take care and be careful. The weather is still very dangeous.
 
@ poppet, A skirt, I haven't worn one of those in years. In fact I don't know when it was. I do remember wearing a dress when I was in the choir but that was so long ago. Yes I do wear dress when I am on a cruise ship but that is it. Slacks is my style. However my hip is so unhappy having anything to touch it. I am almost all unpacked from the move that I did some time ago. I love not having to do the yard and put up with the neigbhbors complaining that the yard doesn't look top shape. Since it was just me, my yard did not look the best at times becasue of the knees and the hips at least the front looked nice most of the time. I know people that don't have joint pain have no idea of the pain and how hard it is to do gardening. I haven't been back to the house since I sold it and no plans to go back either. I do have some flowers in the patio and for now that is the right amount. I am looking forward to Spring so I can go and see all the flowers blooming in the mountans. It feels so good to be close to fulling being settled. I have gotten my walker all ready to go so just a few things need to be done before the big event. I have been in the sewing room also and getting it ready. I will have someone come and clean the apartment before I leave for the hospital so it will be clean when I return. I will be so glad when I can start travling again. My car is ready to go, I just need to get into it and take off. I have 42 days to go. Almost this month is over. Yes, Yes, Yes, Well I need to get off the hip since its complaining of me sitting on it. Please take care and I am so sorry about you lost. Take care and you know I love you. Tashia
 
Today has been a very good day. My right hip has been so good but it is getting excited for the new one joining him. However he is very sad the old hip is leaving. :boohoo::cry::sorry: He has some feeling about loosing a very old friend. :sorry: They are planning a going away party for him. :happydance: I hope that they don't keep me awake to the break of dawn. :yikes: After the surgrey I will have all new knees and hips and hope that they will be able to have as many miles as the old ones did. :heehee: I really am looking forward to this so I can get on with life. I hope to have all the apartment done by then so I can just recover and then start doing things. I even have two new pairs shoes waiting to wear on after the new one. :yes!: I have never been this ready before. I spent the evening in the sewing room and found some real neat patterns and I have choosen the fabric and ready to go when I am ready to start. Getting excited about getting a four legged friend also. It does have to wait till I can walk after the surgrey but it must wait till then. Well I need to get to bed so I can get some sleep before the kids wake up. :loll: Take care with all the weather. Tashia
 
Your hip should come here for the going away party, it is a 24 hour town and it could really celebrate. Of course I will have to turn down that invitation because I would have a better offer,:sleep:. I am not 24 anymore, used to go party until 4 AM, and be at work at 8 AM. Now I like to party until 4 PM and be in bed by 8 PM :heehee:
Take good care, and enjoy the drought (warm weather)
 
I so understand. I can't do that any more either. Also my naps are so important. Can't miss them. A little sore today so taking a easy. I do plan on going for a drive later if the joints think its ok. :heehee: They so much control my life but its ok for now. Have a good day. Tashia
 
Well this is new to me. I got to get ready to type and my eyelids slamp close. Well nothing like a nap before writing. Today was a painfull day. My hip ready hurt and so did my knees. Right now I seem to feel better so a nap was really needed I guess. When I was at the resturunt yestesday I had trouble getting out of the booth and I must of hurt my hips. They really hurt going home. Well today was a uncortable day also. Nothing like a good cry to help relize the frustration. Well now I am feeling better so that is all that counts. Well its almost a month away. I wish it was closer to it but it is what it is. I did get out today. I wanted to take some fabric to a friend, but she wasn't at the store so another day. I was able to work with my plants. Some don't look very well but thats the way it goes. I have four that really don't look well but the winter has been cold at night. These plants don't like to get their feet cold. They would do better if they were planted in the ground instead of pots. It does look wonderful to look out and see them. The next watering they will get some vitiams and I hope they feel better. Well thats all from me for now. I need to read some postings. Take care and please take head I guess their is a bad storm about to hit the East again. Please be careful and take care. Tashia
 
Was a great day. Hardly any pain at all and at a smaller dose. I seem to be taking a day at a time better now. Jan. is almost over and so finely the last month is coming. All the young joints can hardly wait to see their new joint. I think its important to relized that when you get a new joint, it like have a new birth. you don't know what its going to be like. Or how you are going to feel and yes learning how to walk with the new one also. Waiting is ruff because all this goes thru your head over and over again. And like me I have had trouble with getting the pain under control and hope and pray that they will remember that and take the right dose at the very beginning which is expecting a lot from them. So I wait and wonder whats it going to be like. Knowing I have been thru this three times already. I do have to admit it does get better each time because you have a idea of whats up. I do also feel that since I just have one that needs to be done that it would seem to be simpler. well three done and one more to go and then start truely getting my life back together. I so looking to traveling again and looking for a new four legged friend when its ready. I do have some plans for a sewing retreat and walking in with no limp. This is my dream and many more are coming up. I also thought that when I am not traveling to take some classes one semester and go back to art. I was thinking of one semester of school and then travel, wouldn't that be great. We will see because a move might also happen. but all this is on hold and waiting for the new arrival. take care and be careful all the weather, rain, snow and cold. All are so dangeours. Tashia
 
Wahoo.... Future plans, goals, so much to look forward to my dearest friend. LLTTF xx
 
Back
Top Bottom