THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Oh, zauberflöte, I was hopping of a more exciting place like a trip to dress shop so you could get a new dress or to the fabric store so you touch the fabric. :loll: Tashia
 
bottomshollow, I have some people I have made out of clay and would love to get them my avatar. I must take a picture of them and then try them. They are really cute but I don't know how big I can get the picture. I wish we could have a difference for each site. Like one for this one and another for the knees. Speeking of the hip its doing so great I hardly even thing of it. It does its job without saying a word. Now the knees need to follow its step. Getting up and down is the one thing I still have trouble with. But it is so much better. Having the freedom of low pain is so great. Medications does get it to low number to 0. Wow what a wonderful way to spend the day. I did spend the whole day sleeping but did do a little sewing. Tomorrow I will get my new sewing chair so my hip will be sorported while sewing. And hoping that I get my classes. Then I can start looking for my little girl dog again. There is a big convention in September which all dog clubs brings dogs to adopt. That how I found Tashia so I do know about that. Well I hope the weather isn't too bad for you. I know the East does have Heat Warning, I don't know if its in your area or not but please do be careful. Take care and lots and lots of water. Tashia
 
tashia no dress shops, but oh yes a trip to a high-end fabric store with an acre of lovely fabrics to touch and drape and pretend they're mine, oh yes let's do that!! We can pretend we're dress designers (well, I'll pretend, maybe you really do design dresses along with the quilts?) :) bring it on!
 
PS tashia have you ever seen that older BBC tv show "House of Elliott"? About two sisters who open a fashion house in the early 20th century. Talk about sumptuous fabrics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Oh, Thats sounds so neat, Lets go. I don't make dresses any more. Never heard of the that tv show but will see if its still of tv. I did work in a dress shop and did Fashion Shows. Many pounds ago. I have always dreamed of making a silk quilt. That would be so soft and pretty. Lets do it. Until then take care. Tashia
 
tashia Poppet any silk quilt I make "are belong to ME"!!!

Tashia, The HOuse of Elliott is an older show. I watched it on DVD from Netflix. I gave up after a few seasons, though, because the clothes just weren't as gorgeous once they got into the jersey knits instead of the luxury stuff. So you were a cat walk girl, eh? Wow!! :)
 
Things we do when we are young! It was fun, I do have to say that. I found a picture of me at time of my life and being too thin and not eating anything. When I discovered food the modeling was over, I gained a couple of pounds and became too fat. Acutually I looked better than when I was modeling. This weekend was too much, I have been so tired since then. However my knees and hip are doing Great. If I could fiquire out why I am so tired. How are you doing? Take care. Tashia
 
Poppet, I love the avatar, its cute. My hip and knees are doing great so recover for the knees might be coming to the knees soon. We shall see. Everyone do take care and be careful with the weather. But do have fun. Tashia
 
zauberflöte, Have you ever sewed silk. It would be so cool to get everyone together and sew and make quilts for each other. Have a good week. Take care. Tashia
 
tashia I'm racking my brain to remember if I ever made anything from silk! I'm thinking no. I seem to remember my mother putting me off silk when I was a teenager. "it's so unforgiving to work with" is what I recall. I have sewn with linen though! And made luggage!

Poppet nice new avatar!! :)
 
zauberflöte, I also sew, make my own clothes.. tashia is one day going to come to OZ to visit and teach me quilting, she is my cool friend!

Glad you like my new avatar.. Fun for a few days, will be changing them often with my mood.. Have you checked out my thread.. touch times in Poppet's world at the moment.....
 
zauberflöte, when you sew with silk you use toliet paper between the layers of silk. Its a old trick that was used a long ago. It keeps it from slipping. Poppet, Took a class in learning how to embrodiary cats. It really a lot of fun. Find myself playing a lot with sewing but will get serious one of these days. HeeHee. Tashia
 
Poppet, It does work but sounds strange. Works on anything that is slippery. Really tired tonight. My hair needed to be trimmed not cut. Don't like the way she cut it but the good thing is it grows fast so it will long in no time. At least I will be able to wash it and take out without having to fix it. My hip and knees feel good so that is postive. Please get well. Love Tashia
 
tashia toilet paper!! Nope, never did that, although I have used various kinds of paper scrounged from around the house to keep seams from stretching while in the machine.
You must have a fancy modern sewing machine? I still have the ancient Singer I bought at some hole-in-the-wall sale when I was in school. Best $35 I ever spent! Weighs half a ton, and I carried that thing about 2 miles up the streets of Montreal to get it home! I've never wanted to do all the stuff newer machines can do. I have a set of attachments that make buttonholes (really good actual buttonhole stitch ones), rolled hems, freehand embroidery, etc. The machine itself will sew leather and heavy luggage! (hear me brag....)

Poppet what kind of machine have you?? And your favorite fabric for working with? :)
 
Well.... Hubby took dressmaking lessons with me at night school some years ago and made himself a jacket.. so he has a basic Singer. I wanted to learn how to quite so both myself a fancy Pfaff... But never had the time to play so I pinched the Singer back.. I sew stretch fabrics, easy care, easy wear.....
 
Poppet I've sewn knits, but didn't enjoy it, must not have known the proper tricks. Made myself a couple of bathing suits, so I must not have been all that bad LOL.
Your mentioning quilting reminds me that i have a quilting attachment too! Decades ago i made a huge quilt top out of dress fabrics from as far back as high school, just so I could get rid of the remnants LOL. I am still waiting for the proper day to fill it and back it. Wish I'd labeled all those squares...:umm:
 
Back
Top Bottom