THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

zauberflöte, I would love to see it. Take a picture of it, it doesn't have to be finished. I did knits too. When I got married we didn't have much money so I made my husbands suit. He was 6'6" and to have a suit made cost to much. The minute we could buy a suit, I stopped making them. It was such a pain. Now I find quilts so much easier to make. When I lived in Phoenix I took a sewing class from a women who helped and design the space clothes for the US astronauts. Every class she would tell us something like the toliet paper and then would have us do it so we would have the skill. I really miss those classes. Also how to look at a pattern and know if its going to fit right or need adjustments. Also how to make the adjustments. When I no longer could take the classes I was really sad. She made sewing fun! Every time I sew I think of her. I have a old Brother sewing machine that weights a ton and it to can sew anything. The old machines can be better than the new ones. I also have a embroidery machine. I am learning how to embroidery. I love to draw and makes designs. We need a sewing party. Tashia
 
Sewing Party at the internet. Bring a project and food. Will sew into the night and day. Anyone can come. Bring what you make. LETS HAVE A PARTY!!!!!!!!!
 
tashia Gentlemen's Tailoring, WOW! What an accomplishment. I would never dare that, but I guess if I had to, I would, just like you :) Your sewing teacher in Phoenix sounds like just the perfect teacher-- all those tricks and tips. I can no more look at a pattern and see what alterations i need than the man in the moon LOL. When I was a teenager I always had to lengthen the bodice by 3-6 inches depending on the pattern, and the sleeves, and sometimes the skirt length. But I always measured to be sure.
I agree, the old machines not only can be, but are, better. That weight keeps them on the table, for one thing! My old Singer doesn't hae a little ruler on the presser plate to tell you how deep your seam allowance is-- so I put a piece of "lick-to-stick" package tape there 40 years ago with a nice pencil line at 5/8", and it's just now frayed beyond recognition. They don't make tape like they used to either:rotfl:
Sewing party woohoooo!
 
I have a lovely day playing in the sewing room. Putting things where they belong. Its so much fun at least I think so. I will do some sewing tomorrow when its the heat of the day. Did go for a ride and got some Mexican food. Its so good, really enjoyed myself. I do have some sad news to report, my daughter cat died this week. She was a very old cat but tonight I find myself feeling down, It was such a neat cat. So it is sad tonight at my house and her's. Everyone take care and do be careful with the heat. Tashia
 
When I went to get the medication this morning I really didn't feel good. Got it and came home and took it then went to bed and took a nap. Tonight feeling better. Whatever they gave me it is really strong. At least I don't want to sleep all the time. The medication only for three days then go get checked to see if its gone. I will be not doing much this week because I don't feel good or have the energy. Everyone have a good week and stay cool. Tashia
 
Everytime I turn around I am sleeping trying to get ride of my UTI. Not any other news. Take care. Tashia
 
I sleep most of the day and feeling down. I think the infection got the best of me. Or the medician is getting the best of me. I did get out all my cermic people that made back in 2000. It is interesting to see something you made so long ago. My husband had died the year before and seeing the people it showed me that my life was changing. Now I wonder what the little people would look like today since the operations have changed me again. I find that I am more calm than before and not being in pain is great. To be honest we all are in consent change. I curled up with one of my quilts and spent the day sleeping or watching TV. Everyone do take care and most of all know that you are number one on the list to take care of. Tashia
 
Hope you got the rest you need today to fight that infection.
You will be ready soon to sew some more!:SUNsmile:
 
Tonight my hip hurts a little. I sure don't like the way its going. I am talking about the one that hasn't been replaced yet. I hope its just sore because it got use today. It was really hot and humid. Tomorrow will be a down day I sure hope so. I think its surpose to be even hotter. I think I have everything for my sewing room. I sure hope so. Not having my feet hurts feels so good. :happydance: If I had known how much the hip and the two knees would solve my feet problmes I would of done this years ago. I think every person here says that. Well I am going to get me another big glass of water to replace the water I used up today. Everyone please take care and be careful of the heat. Tashia :puppysmooze: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: Pumpkln please take care with all the storms and heat.
 
The hot weather has broken and the weather is great. Went out to lunch and had a little walk. Then went to the sewing store and learned that needed to sew more and go to a computer class. Then came home and went to bed. Sleep till midnight. I do hope I can get back to sleep. My hip and knees did hurt today so did overdid it the last two days. Also went for a little ride and enjoyed the weather. I just head that all the dog rescures are full of dogs so I must get serious and get and save a four legged friend. I think I am over the UTI so now back in the world of having fun. People due take care and take care of yourself. Life is like a puzzle, you have to take a line at a time. Tashia
 
Today I find my other hip hurting. I am getting concern that I might be getting closer to needing a new hip on the left. The right one is great and just a couple of years old. Need to remember the hip that is hurting is so much older than the right. It has taken me so many places and has helped the new one so much. Now its needing help and my new hip is helping all it can. It is now weekend and I hope and pray everyone is going to have a good weekend and a less painful one. Remember that good day are ahead. Take care. Tashia
 
My UTI is over but still feeling tired from being sick. It really made me tired. I think I am doing too much. I am feeling better and over doing it. Went to did errands and found that my hip hurts. I sure hope its not the car seat. I also sat in a uncorable chair so I hope that it calm down. My new chair is in so I will get it tomorrow and I do hope that it helps. Having some trouble with one knee. It hurts below the knee so it could be a muscle. I have a doctor appointment next week so if its still hurting I can have him look at it. I am having some trouble with my left hand. Hope I can get it seen and its not serious. Did some driving today and find that I am a little sore. This isn't the first time so I will have to watch how I am getting in and out. As I start moving around I notice muscles are sore so I will have to watch it. Everyone do take care and remember you come first.
 
tashia I'm glad your UTI is gone-- I'll bet you are still slammed with fatigue by the meds you took for it. Antibiotics do that to me, make me tired.
I'm sorry about your daughter's kitty-- any pet loss is sad, even when it is their time. And.... have you gone looking for the dog who's waiting for you? I hope you do find one very soon!
Today is my day for grocery shopping-- tedious,tedious, tedious LOL
 
zauberflöte, Thank you for coming to my site, I haven't been active in finding a dog because of getting sick but now that I am better, I hope to start looking again next week. Going grocery shopping, Oh what fun. I hope you got some thing for yourself. Yesterday was a day for a wonderful message and got the sewing chair that I ordered so ended up with a wonderful day. Sleep great. Now to enjoy another day without the horrible pain. I noticed I don't keep count any more of how many days from all the surgies. Thank goodness that we live in a time that we don't have to. Hope that today is wonderful for you and do take care. Tashia
 
tashia yeah, grocery shopping may be tedious but it's fun because I've given up the cane in the store and whiz around like I own the place, confidently dodging other customers etc! I do have to slow down for those pesky 10-lb bags of cat litter, but on that trip I man-handled 6 of them, a record for post-op! My personal record is 10, which makes the cart really hard to maneuver, especially as on those days I do seem to get the cart with the flappy wheel-- you ever had one of those? Feels like you're pushing a dump truck with its brakes locked through the store..:rotfl:
You got your sewing chair, yay! Many happy hours will be spent, and many happy memories will be made, in that new chair, eh? Is it fancy and colorful? Tell all!
 
Yes I love the carts. Used them and they are so much fun. I found that going early in the morning the carts were all ready for the day. And they really move. Hee, Hee, My sewing chair is a red and really fancy. It has three adjustments and is sooo comforable. Now I can buzz around my sewing room. Hee, Hee, That is a lot of cat litter. Wow. Take care and do have fun with the carts. Tashia
 
Back
Top Bottom