TKR Tammy's new knee

Any home remedies for barfing from pain meds already on Zofran also
You may need your pain meds changed if the Zoran is not stopping the nausea. Are you taking them with a bit of food?
 
I try too eat with food I have this problem with all narcotics :(
At least I will never make a good drug addict on the bright side .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
There are other pain medications you could take. Please try and contact your surgeon or family doctor. Being sick all the time is no fun!
 
Which pain med are you taking? I am extremely sensitive to all medications. I was able to take morphine extended release - it did not make me as nauseous. My pharmacist told me to eat some form of protein - not just crackers when I took it. Good luck. It is VERY hard to do this without pain medication.
 
Oxycodone , but yay finally slept like 5 full hours last night and got up went back to be slept 3 more .
Still tired though ..


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Still tired though ..
The first four weeks are tough---darn tough. They are aptly called the "Dark Days of Recovery", and right now, your body is expending large amounts of energy in the healing process, so you will feel that energy drain for some time to come.

Honestly, in looking back at my BTKR recovery, I would sleep through most of the early days of recovery, and still be tied---there were times that I felt like I was run over by a freight train.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's so hard to remember this is temporary :) he pain and fatigue


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's so hard to remember this is temporary :) he pain and fatigue
This is indeed temporary, although the progress is slow and, qt times, glaciers do move faster. Simply please be patient; do not look ahead---this is much like boot camp and you just take everything one day at a time.

Hang in there; things will slowly get better. You are still in the "Dark Days of Recovery"---the first four weeks are the roughest.

I will tell you this much, though; when you are fully recovered, you will not believe how great you feel.
 
That last sentence is what I am looking forward to but then on to number two knee. Hopefully I can wait a year but Idn I just want to be active and do things again


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I began driving again at about four weeks. I was off of the narcotic pain meds, and I was strong enough to hop up and down from my F-150.

I will tell you, though, that after running a few errands for 1/2 hour, I came home exhausted---I slept most of the afternoon.

Driving, though, is a part of our normalcy and independence that we need so much.
 
It is I am counting the days lol
I have a truck too :) detonater yellow Dodge Ram . Another day just laying around, icing and resting.
Pain is still here but tolerable with the oxycodone. I think my mind wants me to wake up one morning and the pain will be all gone lol.
Can't wait for that day ....
Can't wait for spring :) it's Snowing here today in Northern Minnesota.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Since surgery I have been freezing three weeks ago. I wasn't like this before weird I think now I have to keep my house at 74 and still cold


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Tammy, I had chills and was cold also while I was on morphine. What pain reliever are you on? It is a tough surgery that takes a lot out of you. Do you have a fever? If you don't have a fever, watch your symptoms and if things get worse, see your GP. Many people have chills. Good luck.
 
Thanks no fever . On oxycodone
Yep today not good day feeling sick again from all the meds . I just want to get pass this :( gonna try and take a nap.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Tammy, I noticed that I feel cold after I've been Iceing my knee- which is very often. I make myself a cup of tea to warm myself up, it helps. I couldn't tolerate the oxycodone, made me too sick. I take Tramadol now, still on that 3x a day for now. I'm about 5 weeks ahead of you, it will start feeling better in a few more weeks. I remember last TKR I started feeling a lot better at 3 months, hope this time will be the same. Hope you were able to take that nap.
 
Thanks I sure hope so tired of this. Not looking forward to number two .
If pain killers would work might be better..


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nap was good for hour then my dogs barked lol woke me up


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My internal thermostat was all wacky during my recovery--especially while on the pain killers. I would be bundled up in the summer while everyone else was boiling.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom