THR Tallguy79 recovery<

@Dhall Yes it was a work comp injury. I am getting a monthly payment based on my permanent partial disability(PPD) rating. I will get this monthly payment for a total of almost 4 years. Nothing after that except continued coverage of qualifying medical costs for up to 6 years.

My employer was able to fire me because my surgeon gave me permanent restrictions that did not allow me to continue to do my manual labor job. For the year following my THR I was on temporary restrictions and my employer could not fire me during that time.
That does sound better. I thought they had kicked you to the curb! As I said, here in Texas that is not allowed. I hope you have continued good luck on your THR. :)
 
@tallguy79 I hate to hear you're having pain still. Have you tried doing some simple stretches? It seems to help me a lot with stiffness and eliminate some of the aches and pains.
I didn't have a WC injury but in the end my situation was much like yours. My OS released me with permanent restrictions which my company said they could not accommodate so they terminated me. I anticipated this and because of my age I opted to retire. It's a shame they can just wash you away after 4 years of payments for a permanent restriction and 6 years of medical for an injury related to the job.
 
Happy Friday! I'll bet you are happy it's Friday?
Wondering how the work weak went? Hopefully the pain has improved and you were able to get a cushion to sit on, or wrangle a better chair out of your employer. With any luck things are looking up.
I hope you enjoy the weekend!
@tallguy79
 
@Layla I stopped at my doctors office on the way home from work and got a note giving me a stand up desk for work. It may take a couple weeks for the proces to run its course. That way I can alternate between standing and sitting and do whichever causes the least pain at any given time. Too much of either one is painful so i'm thinking a 60-40 or 70-30 split with more sitting than standing will probably be helpful.
 
Awesome! That sounds encouraging. I certainly hope it helps you.
You'll have to stay in touch and let us know how it's working for you. Until then, wishing you comfort.
Take care! :wave:
@tallguy79
 
@tallguy79 I like the idea of the stand up desk. I worked with a client (double hippie) who swore by her adjustable desk. She loved it.

Good luck with that and have a great weekend.
 
Hi @tallguy79
How's life and your new hip?
With any luck you're settling into your new job and your stand up desk is working for you. Let us know how you're doing when you have a chance.
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. :)
 
Hi @Layla
They turned down my stand up desk because my doctor didn't give specifics as to why I needed the desk. On Thursday I was in the break room talking to a co-worker about how I hate my job. I said that I was too stressed out about the unrealistic expectations and that I wasn't going to worry about getting the metrics they want. I said that from now on I would just put in my time and what ever I get done is what I get done. Apparently someone else in the breakroom was listening and reported me to my manager. My manager called me into a meeting and we basiclly mutually agreed it would be best if I quit so I did. I was miserable there. Sales is not for me.
 
Aww, I'm sorry you're in the position you're in. Life is too short though to spend most days feeling stressed and miserable at a job you don't care for. Hopefully you have some ideas or prospects for employment and something that's a better fit comes along soon.
With any luck the New Year will bring positive change for you. After all, it has to get better, right? I hope you have a nice Sunday. Stay in touch and let us know how things are going. Hopefully your hip is holding out well through all of this.
@tallguy79
 
The leg was more sore than I thought it would be in a sedentary job. When sitting for long periods of time I have extra pain in the upper thigh as well as the upper hamstring. I don't think the pain is from the hip joint, it's from the tendons and muscles around the hip area. It is chronic pain that is not getting any better but is not severe. A job where I can stand or sit as needed would be best. I may go back to doing clinical research studies. I did that on a contract basis for 4 years and I was happiest during those years.
@Layla
 
I wish you could get some relief from chronic pain. Thankfully it's not severe, but being pain free would certainly be better. I hope you find the perfect job soon, or in the New Year. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Have a nice Sunday and a good week!
@tallguy79
 
Sorry to hear about your employment problems. I'd look for some answers on your chronic pain especially if your workman's comp claim still covers it, might be able to use a diagnosis and work problems to your favor for your disability and possible education.
 
I am so sorry to stop by and read your update. It's a bitter pill to swallow, to have a pain that keeps you from working, especially when it was a work related injury.
The clinical research studies option sounds like it might be an option for you.
Please be kind to yourself this holiday and get some rest and relaxation and I agree with Enman's advice, too. To pursue this nagging soreness and discomfort during your down time.

Good luck to you and remember we are here for you. I wish for you some peace and less stress this holiday season.
 
Hello :wave:
Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed the holidays and the New Year is beginning on a good note for you. How goes the battle on the hip front and the employment search? Hopefully you've found a job, or have some hopeful prospects in sight...
Wishing you all the best in 2020!
@tallguy79
 
I am planning to clinical research studies while I go to school part time for an Associates Degree. I just got registered for my classes yesterday for the Spring semester. I am hopfully getting into a study on Monday so that will be a good start to the year as far as income. Hip is same, hurts all the time but not too bad if I don't overdo it. Classes will be online so i'm not walking around a campus all day every day. Happy New Year.
@Layla
 
Sounds like definitely a New Year.
Hope all of your dreams are realised :yes!:
 
Great news! Good for you. Your plans sound promising.
I'm sorry your hip still bothers you some, wish it wasn't so.
I think 2020 may be a year of positive change for you and I'm happy that you've found some direction and are working toward a brighter future. Hopefully you continue to make small gains on the hip front. I've read many continue to notice improvement up to two years post op, even two and a half, so hold out hope. With any luck, the further away you get from your old job of lifting and pounding the concrete floors all day the more you'll notice your leg strengthening. Fingers crossed in that regard. :fingersx:
Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing. Until then....all the best to you!
@tallguy79
 
Well, this is a fluke! I was perusing the recovery pages looking for someone else, came across your name, looked at your surgery date and found it ironic it’s your two year anniversary to date, so....HAPPY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

How are you doing? Aside from the pandemic restrictions we’re all trying to function around I hope you enjoyed further progress over your second year after surgery. With any luck you’ve begun the classes you signed up for and it is looking more promising on employment front. :fingersx: I hope you’re doing well and have something fun planned for the long holiday weekend. Be safe and stay well! :)
@tallguy79
 
The two year anniversary is definitely better than the one year. I still have pain from walking more than about 30 minutes and I don't think that's going to go away. I do however finally feel good enough to get back on my bike. After 3.5 years with it in my garage I finally got out this month. I am able to bike over an hour with far less pain than even 15 minutes of walking. I did 18 miles a few days ago and may try a 26 mile route in about a week. My regular route is about 12.5 miles and feel fine after that. Don't like that walking is still an issue but I guess that's just the new normal for me. I don't think any full time work is going to work for me so I am just doing some contract work and living cheap.
@Layla
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom