Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

I don't have dogs but cats. They have been so attentive and gentle with me since this surgery. There is always at least one on my lap and two or more in bed with me. When I first got home from the hospital my 20 year old jumped on my lap and I told her that she could not step on that right knee that she was fine on the left leg and lap. It's like she understood what I said and has not stepped on it but once. I yelled and she stopped! That was the last time any of them stepped on that right knee. Even in bed they don't lay or bump against it. They know! Being single, I would be so lonely and depressed without my babies. They are a lot of work, but they also give me a strong reason to get well as soon as possible! They depend on me.
 
What a precious sweet Pup! (Mine are upwards of 6yrs now and I still call them Pups), LOL!
She's not spoiled now is she Tabby? LOL!
 
Hope you are feeling better soon!! :flwrysmile:
 
:thankyou:
Thanks everyone!
Mandy is our little ray of sunshine, she makes us laugh every single day. She's a daddy's girl really, and totally doted on. This is Mandy after she graduated from Puppy Class, where she was labelled " The Ferrari" by the trainer, and was outstanding for all the wrong reasons!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
    image.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 217
Oh, what a classy looking dog. I love her. What kind is she?
 
@Floridagal
We got her as a 17 week old puppy in Feb 2015. She was advertised as a Jack Russell! It didn't matter to me what she was, she just looked like a little imp! A lady I met in hospital saw her picture on my iPad and said "That's an Irish terrier" and sure enough, she fits the description, looks, character and temperament. We'll never know her origins except that she came from Pontypool. So she's a Welsh Irish Terrier :puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We love our pets! I have two "pups" and 1 cat. They keep me company. How are you feeling today Tabbycat?
I went back to PT today-it was gentle and what I needed. My bend is good working on getting these babies totally straight. The weather here is beautiful and the sunshine makes me happy. Do you have any doctor appointments coming up soon?
 
Welsh connections here too. My mother is from llanrhystyd and I spent a year living in Cardiff when I was 21.
I love Wales and really enjoyed my time there


49 year old
Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14
Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13
Scheduled for BTKR in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tabbycat she looks adorable @sistersinhim how many cats do you have? It's the same with my dogs they don't jump up or jump on my knee strange how they know.

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Dawni, right now I'm taking care of 11 kitties. They range in age of 2 to 20. The most I've had at a time was 14. As long as able I plan on being a rescuer. It is so very rewarding! @Tabbycat, how are you this morning? I pray it's a better day.
 
@sistersinhim I wish there were more people like you looking after cats or dogs your a special kind of person

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Tabbycat So sorry to hear you are having a hard time lately. I know what that is like...but finally after 6 months of struggling and now after MUA I feel like I have hope. Wish I could reach out and touch you to give you comfort and encourage you. But will have to settle with trying to do that with words here! Sometimes it feels like it would just be easier to give up and settle for how things are at the time but the rewards will be so much better if you don't. I pray that that Lord will put his healing hand on you and make you well. I also pray that God will give you strength and the desire to keep working on this! God bless you as I can see and have felt your compassion and encouragement to others and I hope you feel it...that we care and wish for things to get better for you! Feel the love coming your way! I am proof things can get better!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
@jmp65
That is so encouraging for me to read at the moment. Six months is a long time to be struggling but you didn't give up! That makes me realise there's always hope, and I am pleased to say I have seen a little bit of improvement the last couple of days. It's my new knee 10 week anniversary today, and I am thankful that things seem to be going in the right direction, even if slowly. I am so grateful to the people who started this site, and to the lovely friends I have made. I will re read your last post whenever I feel disheartened, I know it will lift me up. Thank you.
 
You are so welcome! You will get there!:yahoo:
 
@Tabbycat I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better, one day at a time, that is the name of this game...this site is wonderful, I know it has really helped me, and I have also found so many friends that have made the challenging days bearable...have a great day Tabby
 
I'm happy you are feeling a bit better today. Your pup is beautiful. I have three puppies ( the oldest is 12 years) with me. Two of them always want to sit and sleep on top of me. Every time I sit down they are right there. The oldest has always done her own thing. That's a Yorkie for ya'.
 
@Tabbycat glad you are seeing improvment, we must see it as tiny bites of a very large cake we will finish it eventually some eat quicker than others. It's the weekend and if we get some warm weather it could be a nice one x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
So happy you are seeing some improvement Tabby! I'll take bite size improvement any day rather than what life was like before my replacement! We're all 'getting there'!!
 
Good to read of your improvement. I pray you continue to do so. You are such a comfort to me and so many others, it hurts us when you're having a bad day.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom