TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

I'm glad you're able to get some sleep. Let that knee rest for now. You'll start to make improvements when the knee tells you it's time.
 
You're in my prayers for a really good night's sleep and less pain in the morning!
 
Yes, rest is healing. I hope that knee starts behaving itself and eases up.
 
How are you feeling today? I'm a little better!
 
@sistersinhim, Just enjoying a piece of hubby's chocolate birthday cake with a cup of tea, and a lovely wildlife programme about Loch Lomond on the telly. Little things! In pain still at times, but more manageable than it was.
You are doing well, make the most of good days. I'm trying to remember to count my blessings, I have many, and all my BoneSmartie friends are definitely among them.
 
I love your positive attitude...glad you are feeling a little better...chocolate cake,yummmm, now I want some :)
 
It's funny how I want to eat junk now instead of a lot of veggies like I used to. Nothing sounds good to me but nuts, and dark chocolate kisses! I need my good veggies again! I hope their desire comes back really soon.
 
I'm happy you are feeling a little better. You will start to feeling better every day from here on out.
 
@Tabbycat Hi I just wanted to see how you are doing? I haven't talked to you in a few days and am hoping your pain is better and you are still enjoying good sleep hours.
 
Hi to all my BoneSmartie friends, I've been following a few other thread but haven't posted here for a while. It is nice to be missed. To be honest I've been going through a bit of a bad patch, after a definite improvement last week. I really thought I had turned a corner but then I hit another speed bump! Don't know why, but my new knee feels weaker, and far from being able to put less weight on the crutches I am having to put more. So the worry beads came out again! I'm not so concerned about the bend, I am getting to 85 comfortably, not great I know but it has improved. The extension is another thing, stretching is extremely painful. I had an appointment with my rheumatologist this morning. His cheery bit of advice concerning my problem with extension was to push through the pain otherwise I might not ever be able to walk properly again. Thanks doc! Hubby took me to Hobbycraft after, where I bought some fat quarters for lavender hearts, two cross stitching magazines and a sewing pattern (I'm inspired by The Great British Sewing Bee on at the moment) so I have something to look forward to. It was also nice to do something 'normal' though it was as much as I could cope with. I'm thrilled to bits for everyone making good progress, but I think it was GA-Peach who said on mamazipp's thread that one of the hardest things to fight during this process is comparison. I think I expected healing to progress in a straight line, however slow, but finding that it doesn't is the hardest thing for me. But none of us who are facing extra challenges with this must give up. I do know that.
Love to all,
Tabby
 
@Tabbycat we did miss you, I'm sorry you hit a speed bump, soon you will turn that around...have a great day Tabby
 
Aw, Tabbycat, I'm so sad to read this. You have been amazingly valiant in the face of so many disappointments and challenges. I was thinking back on my niece's numerous surgical recoveries. She is only 23, and she has had so many very radical orthopedic surgeries on both knees and hips. Some of her recoveries have included countless setbacks, while others have progressed in a more linear fashion. The relevant part for you is that with each very difficult recovery, she indeed did turn a specific corner, and from that point on, it was full speed ahead. Sometimes we thought it was the corner, and it wasn't. But the "turning the corner" point did come. Yours will too!
Sending love and hugs,
Sara
 
I am allergic to Morphine - it makes me itch like crazy! I too am able to take Dilaudid as well. That really helped me sleep! Great to hear that you made it to the other side! And remember - this is the only time you get to heal from this surgery so don't take chances - :loll:(my husbands favorite saying)
 
There are no words that will make you better @Tabbycat just that we are thinking of you and praying a smoother recovery for you x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Extension is sometimes harder to get than flexion. I had a flex of 130, but my extension was 10 at 5 weeks. I just continued to work slowly on it---never doing anything that would cause a lot of pain. at 3 months, I was at 0. Just relax and give yourself some time for this.

Extension: exercises for improvement
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom