TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Tabby I hate it for you that you are having a time physically and emotionally with this thing. I remember still struggling with both of those things at the 10 week mark. I've watched people have successes and truly joyful for them, as are you, but always trying to keep myself balanced not to get down on my own progress. You will get there, things just are slower for us. Gosh I might have gotten to 90 on Sunday but I've been swollen since, it's all a journey and some of us take the scenic route. I just knew you were having a time. We are always here for you when that road feels to hard to travel alone.
 
Aww, Tabby, so sorry to hear you're having a setback. It's just so frustrating having this recovery going in a zig zag pattern! Just when you think you've turned a corner, then WHAMMO! But as you said, you can't compare. You've got some other factors so your recovery will be in a different shape. I'm 4months out and still not extending to zero. My PT is unfazed by that and says, that's why you're here. I'm happy that you have hobbies to structure some time with. That helps distract from all knee, all the time thinking. And we are all here to hear your frustration and cheer you on the path to recovery.
 
@Tabbycat I've just been catching up on some threads, including yours. For some reason I don't get alerts on threads all the time, even the ones I'm watching, so don't always see them and have to then catch up. I'm glad for the areas of improvement you're having and sorry for the downs. I know the roller coaster all too well and it sometimes whooshes so fast it makes you dizzy! But it will eventually settle into a nice calm ride, and one day you'll wake to find you haven't even thought about your knee for days. Hopefully your personal roller coaster will let up and let you have a nice calm experience soon. :)
 
I know it's very hard not to compare to others. I did that after my original TKR and I was feeling very down and defeated when I felt while I was Boeing left behind by everyone who had surgery around the same time I did. Some of us just have a few more turns and bumps than others but we all arrive at the same place eventually. I truly believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I hope you start to feel better very soon.
 
Oh, sweet Tabbycat, I'm so sorry you're having a down day. These rollercoaster rides will almost drive you crazy! Stay strong and try and lean on the strong shoulders of our Lord. He will carry you and we will pray for you. We love you!
 
Soon as you are feeling better, Tabbycat, I want to ask about the climate in Wales. I've watched a couple of dramas that take place in Wales and it seems that it is always overcast and gloomy. I hope you get feeling better soon so we can chit-chat.
 
@Tabbycat - I just realized you live in Newport, Wales! We lived in Pontypridd from 2004 to 2009 and our youngest daughter married a young man from Cardiff. Our only son married a young woman from England and they live in Sheffield with two of our precious grandchildren. When we moved back to Pensacola, Florida, in 2009; our daughter and her Welsh husband joined us and he is now a U. S. citizen. They have had four children since moving to the USA. So, six of our twelve grandchildren are British citizens! We miss Wales terribly, even the weather!
 
Hi @Nvstig8tr
It's nice to meet someone with Welsh connections.
I stayed with an aunt and uncle who lived in Pontypridd when I was a child. Born and bred in Newport, I've lived in Caerleon since 1992, it's a village just outside Newport and dates back to Roman times.
I understand why you miss Wales, but the weather today is living up to its reputation, rain, rain and more rain. It's awful for the rheumatic joints!
12 grandchildren! You must be very proud.

@sistersinhim and all of you who are sending such love and support
I can't tell you how much it means to me, I was so blessed the day I found this forum. I love you all back!
Tabby :kittykiss:
 
@Nvstig8tr 22 grandchildren, congratulations, aren't they the biggest blessing ever? I love being a grandmother!!!
 
Hi tabbycat! How are things today? How are your hobbies coming along? I have finally started on a sewing project and was actually able to concentrate on it yesterday. Had lots of back pain, but leg was okay with it. I think being able to focus on hobbies again will help us heal. Reading still doesn't have my focus, but a little bit of sewing did. Hoping today is much better for you! Lots of hugs being sent your way.
 
Hi @birdwatchr
My knee seems to be a little better today :) so I'm a bit more optimistic!
That's great you started a sewing project, I have got a tapestry I started a few months ago and I want to start my cross stitching again, but I need to be able to concentrate. I'll start with something small, maybe a card or a coaster. I've got lots of patterns to choose from. Im sorry your back hurts, but your knee is holding up well. I can't focus too much on reading yet either, but I love my books on Audible, I like listening while I stitch. Today, however, we are not being industrious, but are following Mandy's example:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
    image.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 177
Love that Mandy. With my new half sleeping pill I do that every morning now just like her.
 
Now, that dog's got a life! How cute. I'm so glad you're a little better today. When you're down we all are worried about you. You are such an uplifter! I pray God continues to heal you and that you will feel His presence!
 
Aw, Tabbycat, Mandy is darling! I had trouble posting my pups' photos - they accidentally turned out huge! To answer your earlier question, Annie is my white dog and Amos is black. They are Ying and Yang as far as personalities, but also best friends. Just observing their antics has become my favorite recovery activity. Annie pretended to bark at something interesting outside in order to lure Amos away from his bone. As soon as he came to the window to see what was happening out there, Annie made a dash for the bone he left behind. Just sitting around observing them for these two weeks has given me some insights into their relationship that I've never noticed.
 
Tabby, I'm so sad you're having such a difficult journey. It is a journey, though, and you WILL get your flexion, extension, and normalcy - it will just take time. Try to focus on the little improvements and achievements along the way.

I wish I had better advice to give than just be patient and think positive. Know that you are in my thoughts though, and I'm happy to read you're having a better day today.
 
I'm with Floridagal - love that Mandy! I miss my fur babies. My mixed shepherd thought my Peke was her very own squeaky toy when he was a puppy! Then she would nudge him into her box to sleep with her! Yep, antics of the fur babies can really keep us uplifted!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom