TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

@Suz
I'll be happy if I've been able to encourage someone. No one said this process would be easy, but it definitely teaches patience and I hope empathy for others. Thanks for your lovely words, they mean a lot.
Tabby xxx
 
Your uplifting spirit has helped so many of us going through this battle! I'm so glad you finally had some good news!
 
The physical therapist I've been seeing keeps telling me it's a long process of healing! He always reminds me that knee replacement surgery takes a year to recover from and I have two new knees! He encourages me that I am doing much better than I think. I know we've read that information and in our head we know that but . . . :tiredwheel:
 
Tabby you are always there to give us encouragement and a kind word, we are all very happy that you are finding a little relief:flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
I'd just like to thank everyone who is following this thread and who has taken the time to offer support advice and encouragement, it has helped more than you will ever know.
I hope everyone has a good day.
Tabby xxx
 
Awe- when I opened your page a bright beautiful teddy bear holding bright colorful flowers reached out and hugged me Tabby!! What a nice surprise! Can you get ANY sweeter? I think not! Thank YOU for all the support and encouragement you give us~!!!
 
Oh, Tabby, what a wonderful picture! Your gorgeous teddy and lovely words have brought tears to my eyes this morning. You are always so encouraging! Your post today and @Happydale 's yesterday have given me a real lift at the start of my day!
Bonesmart has to survive. It's value is immeasurable. Whatever would we do without it? It's the only site that caters not just to the bones, but also, so importantly, to the heart and soul of its members, because of so many caring ones like you.
 
I have found that trying to cultivate an 'attitude of gratitude' is a real antidote to stress and anxiety. Pre op when I was worried (more like petrified!) I realised I was focusing all my thoughts on myself and all of it was negative, but when I turned my thoughts towards my surgeon, medical team and everyone who would be looking after me with feelings of gratitude towards them, I found that it made a huge difference. I sent a thank you card back to the ward after my surgery and tried to include the names of everyone I came into contact with, I wanted them to know that I appreciated every one of them and didn't take the wonderful care I received for granted.
 
@Tabbycat you were one of the first people I spoke to on hear and @CaliGirl we supported each other at the very start, when I was on hear 4 years ago it was the same and as we needed each other less and less as we got better and begun to get back to our normal lives the time we spent on this lovely sight was less and less but I never forgot those kind people and the help I recived, I think it will be the same this time round and your name will be one I won't forget. Thank you for all your help you truly are a kind person so take are good wishes with you on this long road xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
I think my PT is smart because she had a hip replacement herself. Amazing how that influences a person! I trust those who have been there so much more.
 
@Tabbycat
How is everything with you? Hope you are getting some pain relief. You have encouraged me more than you will ever know. Sometimes I seem to "forget my manners" when I am thinking about myself. I agree - it really does help to think of others and to pray for them. Hope it is a good day for you!
 
Thanks @birdwatchr, I feel quite doped up on the Cocodamol at the moment, but the pain is not too bad, and I am sleeping much better, averaging 6 hours a night. I'm keeping activity to a minimum so as not to aggravate my knee.
 
Great that the Cocodamol is keeping your pain under control! And you can't buy a good night's sleep. It's a gift and a blessing! Remember just baby steps! We're all right here for you and each other!
 
Tabby its great you are sleeping 6 hours at night, our bodies heal so much better when we are sleeping and its so much easier to deal with pain when we aren't exhausted. It's great the meds are keeping your pain under control. Praying that all continues along the same path to complete wellness.
 
Back
Top Bottom