Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Thank you Josephine, it's good to see in black and white what I instinctively thought to be right.
And I do take 2 Cocodamol at a time.
 
Oh Tabby its hard to read you are in that amount of pain at this stage. I am praying that help you get this under control.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, I went for physio yesterday. I nearly cancelled because I had one 10mg tablet of Amitriptyline the night before and couldn't wake up properly :yawn: I was like a zombie all day!
However I was glad I made the effort. I was very up front and honest with the physio about how I felt after trying the exercises he gave me last week, and my biggest worries which at the moment are ongoing pain and inability to straighten my knee which is making walking difficult. He didn't do any pushing, just supported my leg while I let it straighten but only as far as was comfortable, and I was in control the whole time. This is all he wants me to do at the moment, and doesn't want me to do much walking or going up and down stairs too often so as not to further irritate the damaged tissues. On a positive note, my flex has improved slightly, I'm getting to about 90 at long last :yes!:. It's true, slow and steady wins the race. If things are going slower than you'd like, persevere, you'll get there in the end. Don't give up!
Hope everyone has a good day :SUNsmile:
Tabby xxx
 
Happy to hear that your flex is improving. Slow and steady seems to be the way it works. My PT even suggested the roller coaster, so when you're in the downward loop it isn't anything you did or didn't do but, again, just part of the process. Keep at it gently.
Tsiporah:good-bad:
​
 
:flwrysmile:Glad the bend is improving, you had a big setback and you are now make progress again which is really great news. It's also good that the Physio listened to you and how your knee was feeling and didn't push. I too am having problems with straightening my knee, so all normal there. I'm so pleased you're feeling more positive, you deserve to be feeling good about yourself X :friends:
 
Oh Tabby I'm so happy to hear that you are seeing some positive changes, good for you :flwrysmile:
 
@Tabbycat so glad you are sing important re: your amatriptaline I take mine about 6pm in the evening giving it chance to where off by the morning, you might need to play with this a bit


LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@mamazipp
I was discussing the same thing with my physio yesterday, about how I'm afraid of getting into a downward spiral, but he reassured me and I did come home feeling more positive.
You have an unusual name by the way. My dad wanted to call me Hephzibah, because of the meaning. My mum didn't let him! I'm plain old Margaret, after my great grandmother.

@Dawni
I did take the Amitriptyline rather late come to think of it. I've only just started taking it. Thanks for the tip.
 
@Tabbycat it's only that when I am at work I get up at 5am oh god I hate getting up at that time then I have to drive so played with the times of taking it and found If I did take it early in the night 1
I went off to sleep very fast. And 2 it was ok the next day makes sense really

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Thank God things are looking up for you! You've been on my mind and in my prayers! Slow and easy and you'll get there!
 
Good for you! I'm glad things are turning around for you.
 
So happy read your positive physio report, Tabby. Hopefully now that you are doing very few exercises, and even walking less, your poor ligaments will have a proper chance to heal and the pain will be much less. And no more worries about extension. Yippee!
 
@Tabbycat
Hephzibah would definitely have been a challenging name for sure! Margaret is classic without being antique....and many variations are possible. You came out ahead. And glad for your positive physio.
 
Tabby, today my physical therapist saw me trying to do something. She said "I can tell your muscle is ready to do that, but it causes you pain. Until you don't have the pain, it's not going to happen. It's the way your body is protecting itself." I thought that was brilliant, so I'm passing it along to you.
 
Tabby so happy to read this news about your bend coming along and the straightening starting to come as well. Yay!
 
@Happydale
Your physio is so right, I wonder why they don't all get it. Now I'm not trying to bend and stretch my knee I just feel more relaxed, and do you know what, today I am in a little less pain, and moving a little bit better.
 
It's true, slow and steady wins the race. If things are going slower than you'd like, persevere, you'll get there in the end. Don't give up!

This is why everyone here loves you so much Tabby! I so needed to hear this today. Hope your PT continues to assist you in getting your extension and flexion back!
 
Back
Top Bottom