Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

Thank you so much suzzee I was just thinking when I do this on the june 23 I hope it will be worth it and i hope i can I do this if I have the the will power since October the microfracture it's been terrible on cruches 2 months 2 rehabs one brace and still in constent pain bearly able to go to grocery store I have a 5 year old so I have to get better thanks for inspiring words
 
Just catching up on your thread @suzzee2000 . Vandalism is one of those stupid, senseless, selfish crimes that destroys more than property. It destroys a person's faith in humanity. I'm glad your horse wasn't too badly hurt.:blackcloud:

I'm most excited that you are making greater leaps in recovery. Sounds like you turned that very big corner you've been looking for.:yahoo:I hope the chiropractor helps those new aches and pains.
 
@cocodelight it WILL be worth it! Believe me it will!!!! The recovery is so hard with it's ups and downs but WORTH IT!!! I also understand your PAIN!!! I lived with it for so long I can't believe it. As I was sitting by the pool with my 22 yr old daughter today I was thinking back over the past 4 yrs and how hard it was to do anything, how terrible I felt all the time, I would sit around and think how I didn't know how I could live the rest of my life with the pain and here I sat so happy having the BEST DAY I've had in years and how thankful I am, that I was able to have both knees done and a new lease on life...I got up got into the pool played "keep the ball from the kids" game ( I made it up today):heehee: and was in no pain what so ever.....it was really something.....I know you will also be playing with your little girl and being thankful for all the things you are going to be able to do with her in the very near future!!

@BigBend thanks for stopping by and catching up! Thanks for your sweet sweet words too!

Sounds like you turned that very big corner you've been looking for.
I know I have turned that corner and I am so so happy about it friend!!!! My back hasn't been bothering me today but I will have that adjustment on Monday...Yup gonna be another good week.....:loveshwr:
 
Thank you so much @suzzee2000 your words are so encouraging I hope and pray for that day will come I'm so glad that you are enjoying all that life has to offer have a great week :)
 
The neatest thing happened this evening.......My niece had a little friend come over to spend a couple of days and I was talking with her mother and one thing led to the next and I told her my knee was swollen today because I planted a lot of my flowers yesterday and had a very long day. When I pulled up my pant leg to show her she said oh let me massage that for a few minutes ( she is a massage therapist) I said ok, and within a few minutes my hot and swollen knee felt cool to the touch. She was talking to me about getting the blood flowing from the surgery and etc. and how it is hard to get the blood flowing right when it is so swollen....She was so sweet. I never realized how much something like that could help! It felt unbelievably good when she was done! I was so surprised. I never thought about a massage on my knees!!! It felt so great I was able to do my evening power walking around the house!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I hope and pray for that day will come
It sure will coco!!! It will! It's so hard waiting but it comes in tiny little ways....the little things that no one thinks about until you haven't been able to do for soooooo long...like sitting on a regular toilet seat is one that comes to mind! It's a given to millions......and such a hardship for people like us....like I said....it's the little things! And everyone of those little milestones is for us when it happens is........rejoicing in the heart

I went to the chiropractor today. My back feels much better this evening. I will go again on Wed and probably Friday...then I should be good for a while! :yes!:
 
Good to hear you are doing great , it will continue to improve, trust me . Im so happy for you . You really deserve it . Just got back from a good long walk with the GF and she kept telling me to watch out for this curb , that bump, rock or log. I had to remind her that I dont need to watch out any longer. This knee is miraculous ! Keep up the great work .. Iceman
 
When I have my left tkr in the Fall I am going to ask a fiend who is a massage therapist to treat me. It sounds like such a positive thing to do and am surprised it is not part if recovery. You are doing great - I love reading your updates!
 
Good to hear you are doing great , it will continue to improve, trust me . Im so happy for you . You really deserve it . Just got back from a good long walk with the GF and she kept telling me to watch out for this curb , that bump, rock or log. I had to remind her that I dont need to watch out any longer. This knee is miraculous ! Keep up the great work .. Iceman

I don't know, @icep707. The thing my doctor was concerned about in releasing me to play golf had nothing to do with the motion of the swing doing anything to my knee, but the possibility of falling going up and down slopes or slipping on wet areas. And that is on grass and not pavement! I asked him if the extreme concern over falling were a short term thing while the knee heals and bone growth truly makes the "thing" part of me and he said "NO" - it is a lifetime consideration. So the knee may be miraculous but you still don't want to trip and fall over a curb, bump, rock or log!

Take care!
 
I had an appointment with my Surgeon Wed......he told me, I don't have to go for another visit until NEXT YEAR!!!! I am so happy! He said keep doing what you are doing!!!! He had to give me a pep talk last visit! As he put it, "you were having kind of a meltdown!" lol....we both laughed but it was true...it's been a very tough recovery but looking back I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!! Something happened 11 weeks into it when....I turned my corner like I've posted before, and everything began to fall into place. It was awesome....
@Jozilla I am surprised it isn't part of our recovery as well! Glad you have a friend to help you!!
 
Hi Suzzee, still keeping an eye on you. Glad you are doing well.
I remember when I turned the corner. It was so amazing especially after my big set back.
You were the one that said " Don't let them hurt you like that". I was really down & thought I had made a terrible mistake having knee surgery. I got a new PT & it has been great since then. You should see me now. :spin:
Thanks Suzzee. :yahoo:
 
@ironman60 It was so sweet to come in and see your post!! Yeah!!! I am so glad to read that you are getting better!! I better get back in here and update all of you and check on you to see how things are!! It has been a very busy summer so far with the four children, trying to rebuild our house And recovering from the knee surgery as well. I have done very well. I have many more good days than bad.... And all in all I know I'm doing much better. For those of you that are struggling better days are ahead. The pain doesn't stay forever even though I know that feels like it's going to sometimes. It feels really great to not be in so much pain anymore But there are days I still have to stay on my pain medication. I am thankful for a good surgeon. They have never denied my request But I'm dreaming for the day to be totally free..... I will never be sorry I had my surgery..... Even when I was at my lowest and wanted to give up I knew I had done the right thing. I noticed when my knees began to get better my back began to go out... So I went to the chiropractor approximately 6 times and everything has been really great ever since!!! Hang in there everybody I hope you all have a pain free night see you later!!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
@suzzee2000 Great to hear from you again!!! Glad to hear you are doing well.
I bet the kids, hubby & horses are all glad you are all most normal again. :rolleyes:
Time goes by so fast. It has been 3 1/2 months for me already. The knee is doing great but the back is a little off again. I might have to try the Chiropractor again. That or slow down & behave myself. So much to do.
Bitter sweet day coming. July is my last official day of work before retirement & my daughters Birthday. She would have been 25 years old. Thanks again for the help when I needed it most. Stay well & stay sweet.
 
@ironman60 You're too much like me can't stay still I can see that!!! You might as well go to the chiropractor and just keep on running the race. Retirement .....such a wonderful word!!!! I will never be able to do that Even though I had always planned to... Things have certainly changed for me!!! Make sure you Double enjoy that retirement for me too okay!!! And I'm sorry about your daughter I don't know how I would handle it. Be good and I promise I will too! ;-) I'm glad I could help you! Bonesmart was the best place I ever joined!!! I don't know if I could have made it without losing my mind if I had not joined this site!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hello @suzzee2000

I thought I'd pop by and see how you're doing? I know y have a very busy life but I'd absolutely love to hear from you x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Just having the four children packing trying to move and rebuild our home for the whole summer has been insane!! I do come in and see and read how many of you are doing but I've mostly been lurking and not posting!! As far as my recovery I am so so happy with it! Don't get me wrong I do have my days but all in all I'm doing fantastic!! I was able to fulfill my dreams on my summer vacation.. I was able to walk on the beach pain-free go swimming in the ocean, in the pool and take a walk with the children everywhere!! It was the best feeling in the world!! I'm thankful to God for giving me the best surgeon in Ohio!! It's back to school for the children I'm going for my last two semesters of college, still not moved onto the farm but all in all crazy life... but wonderful to be living it for the most part pain free!!! We planted a beautiful garden the harvest has been so great for us many people lost a lot of their crops but ours was fantastic I give the credit to God for Blessing us this yr. I've been able to pick Green beans tomatoes, peppers etc..... You know what I mean when I say I'm able to work mostly pain free it's been the best ever!! You guys have been my rock and I know that since I've been able to get up and move again I haven't been on the forum and encouraging you the way that I should.. But that doesn't mean I don't think of you, check on you, and pray that all goes well for all of you to get better and to be able to live the life that we all want so desperately which is pain free!!! Thank you girls and guys for stopping by now and again and checking on me!! And Nanamoon I pray that your knees get healed completely and everything goes better for you health wise!! Your beautiful personality and attitude should really help in that recovery!!! And thanks again everybody I'll be talking to you again soon!! I'm on my way in for kindergarten orientation woohoo I have my last little Niece full time in school that means the last four children are all full time I am so thankful!! I have to admit I don't want to go back to college I've had a fantastic summer and I'm burned out... But I want that degree so I will continue to pursue what I need to do to help raise these kids!!! I know it was my calling to raise them... I'm trying to do the best I can but I have to admit sometimes I'm ready to lose my mind!! lol..... But I wouldn't change my life for anything!! God bless you all talk again soon!!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....
@suzzee2000, what a wonderful, heartfelt, spiritually uplifting update! You made my heart smile. Your children are very lucky to have you, and I suspect that you too are lucky to have them. I see lots of great years ahead for all of you. I, too, thank God for these man made pain free knees that make life a joy.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom