Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

Oh @suzzee2000 & @bottomshollow you are both such inspirational people truly. I pray that after September 22nd that I am going to be saying the same. Suzanne, Judy is so right in what she just posted about you. Those children were god given for a beautiful caring person. You are truly great!!!!

Love From Ann xxxxx
 
NanaMoon I am so glad to read you had a beautiful day! Thank you again for taking the time to come to my profile and wish me a happy birthday. There is none as sweet as you Ann :flwrysmile:and I hope you are really on your way to living a pain free life!:flwrysmile: You so deserve it!!! I wanted to update on my own thread but it is locked @Pumpkin1n and I don't know how to post in it anymore. You are the one who everyone comes to and shares information! :friends: So here I go.....It's been such a long time since I've been here and today March 10th 2015 marks my 1 yr anniversary of my bilateral surgery. I just want to say I would do it over and over and over again. It's the best thing I've ever done! To give you an update: Our new home is ready and we should be all moved in by the end of March! I'm still chasing the 4 children and getting ready to graduate College in May! I am finally living my life pain free which makes for truly living again and am training for my 1st 5K... :dancy:I have taken on another baby (not related) and am going to go ahead and try to adopt her. God has blessed my life by putting innocent abused and neglected children in my path and I will take care of everyone I can. Even though I am in the golden years of life I still have a lot of love to share!!! So that being said Nana moon (Sweet Ann) and all the old friends who encouraged me on my journey I thank you miss you and wish you all well! If any of you want to stay in touch please send me a private message and I will send you my email address!
 
Hi @suzee2000

How fantastic to hear from you x

Congratulations on your Graduation from College. I admire how you've looked after the kids, had TKR and done your course. Well done!!!

Having a better day with the knees although the left has gone (I'm on the list for a LTKR)

I've a funeral tomorrow third and last this year please...my husbands close friends. I hope the weather holds like today. It's a full mass at the church and then burial at a cemetery somewhere the other side of our city. Then there is the wake.

My poor hubby lost his eldest brother, his brother in law and his close friend this year. Feel for him I really do.

Anyway, please take care Suzanne, it's lovely to have you around and I don't mind you sharing my thread until yours is sorted. That's fine by me!!! X x x

Love Nana moon 27 x Ann x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@suzzee2000.....I have reopened your recovery thread and moved your post here from Nana Moon's thread. It will remain open for a while in case you want to post additional updates.

Please feel free to ask any staff member to open a closed thread for you if you find your thread locked. We do lock them now and then to keep new members from posting in old threads with no activity where their questions may get lost.
 
Thanks everybody and thanks for unlocking my thread!!! Nana moon... You are the best!!! I'll be back later on today to update everyone again thanks everybody for coming in and saying hello thank you for my happy birthday wishes Ann!! Just want u to know I know you guys are the best!!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hi @suzzee2000

Welcome back. So pleased you're around. Will look forward to your update later x x x (((((hugs))))) xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Jamie Thank you!! It's been a long long year.. And yes Nana moon I will have these children until they're raised.. Thank you so much for the compliment but it is a calling on my life that I am just obeying... Of course if I didn't love children I couldn't do it and I've always loved kids..@Nana moon I'm so sorry to hear about all of the deaths of your husbands friends. And also about your knee surgeries. I'm so humbled how Courageous you have been on your journey!! I've heard it said so many times that when we have favored one of our knees... after we get our surgery the other knee goes out it's really interesting how often that happens! I'm thankful I was able to have both of mine done at the same time!! Once in a great while my knees will act up to remind me that they aren't my real knees. Even though they aren't I'm still really thankful I've been able to recover as well as I have... I know that many people do not get well as quickly as others... But it's no different with anything else in this world we are just all different and in different places and everybody's time will come.. And they will look back on these days and know the journey was worth it.... I will graduate in May... Looking back on it I realize it was so much easier when I was in the nursing home and then when I came home because no one expected me to do anything except my homework..lol... It sure hasn't been that way since I've recovered I have about killed myself taking care of my husband the kids doing the laundry cooking dinner and going to school plus working my internships and on and on and on so I guess the surgery maybe wasn't as bad as I felt!! :-)

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hi @suzzee2000

I'm so glad your knees are serving you well x x x

Firstly congratulations on your forthcoming Graduation. Well done. I knew you could do it. You've achieved this against all odds while getting on with your very busy life. And moved house!!!! You are inspirational Suzzee. Wonder Woman is alive and well, doing a fantastic job of looking after those very lucky and now safe children and your very fortunate husband. You still remain cheerful and positive. That is your way Suzzee. A bright shining beacon of love in your house x

Please take care and stay in touch when you get time x ((((big hugs)))) x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x x
 
Hahaha Nana Moon you are too funny!! Yes the move has finally been completed I'm so excited I have two more weeks left of college I'm going to graduate I just cannot believe how fast this time has gone and how crazy life has been!! Life is much better with my new knees. I could not be more pleased with them!!! I was telling Ann in her thread that I feel that my foot has repositioned and a bone is growing or a bones it feels like a stone in the bottom of my foot Between two of my toes its very painful to walk.. I have an appointment to see the doctor the week after my graduate I can't do anything before then it's just been too much work.. I just buy some little patch put them in my shoes For padding and I try and take it easy until I can see the doctor.. The last thing I want to do is wait too long like I did with my knees.. And all the children are doing fantastic the new little baby we have in our care is absolutely doing fabulous I'm praying that we get to keep this baby i love her so much... The kids love her too she's just really bonded with my family... Spring is here it's so beautiful it just gives you a fresh breath of air I'm so excited to see what this season brings

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
@suzzee2000 well surprise ,surprise ,surprise! Its great to hear you are doing great . The Lord has blessed you. Aren't these implants great . I literally feel 30 years old . I remember your first post . And we would read some of the horror stories which freaked me out . But we stayed positive and had great surgeons and followed the mantras and the rest is history. Congratulations on everything and i hope you get to keep the baby , best wishes always ,Iceman
 
@icep707. Wow thanks so much ice man for stopping by so great to hear from you!! Yes God is good I have been blessed true story!!! I remember my first post & remember all the horror stories too haha!! I was freaking out as well!!! Yes we did stay positive !!!we did everything we were supposed too! I have done so well and so have you I'm very thankful for that!!! My knees feel fantastic I'm thrilled I would do it all over again!!! As of today They are letting me keep the baby I am so excited and thankful to God for it!!! I told my husband he better build on because it looks like more babies and kids are probably going to be coming to us the way children are falling into our laps!!! At least I can chase them now haha!!! Anyway thanks everybody that has stopped by or read my posts!!!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hi @suzzee2000

Oh what a lovely post to read. Thank you for sharing. Yes you've been truly blessed and now rewarded with the baby you love so much. I am so happy that you are giving these children a good and wholesome life and most importantly loved and secure.

I agree hubby is going to need to get moving with the build on (extension) to the place. Congratulations to you both x x x

So lovely to hear from you Suzzee. Please take care

All my love
Ann x x x
 
Nanamoon you are probably one of the kindest people I've ever met.. Even online your sweet personality shows through!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hi Nana yes I believe so...Im not having much improvement which has been depressing but Ive heard about a therapy called Bowan Therapy so Im going to call Monday for an appointment!! Will see how it and let you know more. Be over to check on your progress!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Dang, Two of my favorite people on here. I hope you are both doing great.
15 months for me & I'm still kicking & over doing. Just got back from another vacation up North to the Apostle Islands. Half camping & half Hotels with lots of hiking. Knee gets a little stiff occasionally but no pain.
 
Oh wow....no wonder they call you Ironman'!!! I am Impressed!! 15 months for me too Im doing great but certainly not hiking around. Sounds like the kind of things would love to be doing too!! No sense in telling you to slow down so be careful and keep having fun!! Nana I cant see the PM on my phone but will check it soon!! Glad youre getting better and hanging in here..Who knows we all might meet up hiking a mountain someday!! Love u guys! Have a fantadtic day!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hi you will get there. Just takes time and patience. And if your like me ya dont have none. I wish I could walk my 5miles around park or run. Or be back at work. Or roller skate. But that is in future.

Just be patient it worth it in the end. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom